Black Musk for Men (2009)
by Jovan

Black Musk for Men information

Year of Launch2009

HouseJovan
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty

About Black Musk for Men

Black Musk for Men is a masculine fragrance by Jovan. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Black Musk for Men

Metallic, industrial, watery smell. Does not work well on my skin.
15th July, 2017
A wow fragrance is what Jovan Black Musk is for me. It smells so pleasant and neat. This a must have in your wardrobe. Great longevity for the price you get it for. Super performance.
01st April, 2017
A subtle and really nice scent from Jovan. Does not smell cheap but it is. Nothing like Jovan original Musk. A very pleasant smell.
08th March, 2014
This fragrance gets no love on a lot of forums for some reason, however despite the negative reviews this is not the monstrosity it is made out to be and imo is actually quite a nice fragrance. This is quite a clean smelling musk and does not have the slight skank of the original Jovan Musk, this is like Jovan Musks older more suave brother, definately an evening wear kind of scent, this is a slightly fruity musk but not in a sharp or citric way, this is kind of a dry dusky berry kind of musk , maybe a touch of juniper berry to this. My only real qualm with this fragrance is the lack of projection , if this projected more and was a bit stronger it would go from a fragrance I wear on occasion to a fragrance I wear on regular rotation, still not bad by any means though
15th March, 2013
I stumbled on it by chance while wasting time in a drugstore abroad and what i've smelt is a sort of synthetic, incensey and musky fruity scent with some aromatic herbs in the blend and dark woods in the base. A touch of patchouli is blended somewhere and the musk is not carnal and sensual but chemical and detergent. The high level of artificiality turns out the fragrance in a kind of cool-warm laundry-gummy fruity way and i understand Shamu 1  in its talking about a grape bubblegum dark scent. Thumbs down.
26th September, 2011 (last edited: 30th September, 2011)
I bought this blind because it was 75% off at CVS, and I can see why they are discontinuing it. I just sniffed the bottle a moment ago and can tell I'm not going to like it nor desire to wear it. It smells like a boring, generic scent drug store aftershave that always makes me think of dads. I've smelled toiletries that had a better added fragrance than this. I won't give it a thumbs down because I reserve that for offense scents. It is not offense per se, just a VERY cheap smelling drugstore cologne. I might even return it even though it was only five dollars. A MAJOR disappointment considering how fantastic the original musk is. If I paid full price I would have been back the same day.
14th September, 2011