Esprit du Tigre / Spirit of the Tiger (2006)
by Heeley

Esprit du Tigre / Spirit of the Tiger information

Year of Launch2006

HouseHeeley

About Esprit du Tigre / Spirit of the Tiger

Esprit du Tigre / Spirit of the Tiger is a shared / unisex perfume by Heeley. The scent was launched in 2006

Esprit du Tigre / Spirit of the Tiger fragrance notes

Reviews of Esprit du Tigre / Spirit of the Tiger

An accurate rendering of the lineament.
I like the camphoraceous opening with its medicinal note and bright minty aspect. Very invigorating.
However, the clove and cinnamon chord, though accurate, is not at all to my taste. Too sweet and clove-y to suit me.
18th July, 2015
Inigo, Lisa, thanks.
I've been wanting a menthol/confirous/camforous perfume for a while now.
Tried many.
Some were too weird - Fille en Aiguilles

Tubereuse Criminelle came close but veered off into tuberose territory

Others were ok but veered off into an herbal prospective (Geoffrey Beene bowling green)

Others started out nice but ended up flaking away - Richard Lüscher Britos 46°N 08°E - Valais

Norne is ughh .. nauseating

Blenheim Bouquet is a good alternative -

Between this & Granville , my tiger balm needs are satiated.
Granville and Esprit du Tigre are like Coromandel & Borneo 1834.
The former are elegant, polished, regal & everything that a St.Regis calls for.
The latter are the rugged, utilitarian & unadulterated complementary specimens.
26th April, 2015
Genre: Woody Oriental

This starts out harsh, herbal, and camphoraceous. Liniment? Bengay? No, Tiger Balm, dummy! The opening is medicinal enough to make me ask “Why in heaven’s name would anybody want to smell like this?” Once the top notes clear off the scent’s appeal is much more obvious, but the structure is also far more conventional. Within ten minutes Spirit of the Tiger has deepened and sweetened into a warm, spiced incense blend that even borders on the gourmand.

The drydown reveals a pleasantly rich spicy/ambery oriental foundation that is very nicely balanced, though not terribly original or exciting. It’s as if Spirit of the Tiger is trying to make up for its shocking entrance with an apologetically polite development. The result is an olfactory non-sequitur that’s probably too challenging at the outset for traditionalists and too tame in the end for thrill seekers.
03rd July, 2014
Many people call this fragrance medicinal, but it's not medicinal at all!
For me, Esprit du Tigre is an exotic herbal fruity fragrance that follows "Angelo Orazio Pregoni's" fragrances DNA from O'Driu brand.
If you're familiar with his work, you know what I'm talking about.
The opening of this fragrance is a semi sweet herbal and fruity scent with lots of spices surrounding it.
I can smell spearmint that because of heavy spices and some other green notes has an exotic feeling.
There is a sweet fruity smell beside these notes that smell more like dried fruits instead of fresh ones and give the scent more pleasant aroma, but more mysterious feeling as well!
As time goes by the minty smell goes away and spices settle down and now I can smell more fruity smell plus that exotic herbal smell in the background.
As I said before this fragrance remind me the smell of Many O'Driu fragrances (but safer against many of them!) and also I'm going to throw "Lush Breath of God's" name here too because they do have similarities as well.
Projection is average and longevity is around 5-6 hours on my skin.
I like it.
25th April, 2014
All the comparisons to Tiger Balm put me off trying this one for the longest time. However, it is one of those ‘it does smell like it and yet it doesn’t’ perfumes and I’m glad I broke through my reluctance.
The main point of divergence is that Esprit du Tigre is light and airy (not unctuous and pore-cloggingly heavy like Tiger Balm). It is overdosed with clove but what a supple, almost green clove – not some garam masala disaster. The other spices all seem to be behind this radiant clove note, pushing it to the fore. The other bulwark is a camphor that is medicinal in a magickal kind of way rather than reminiscent of the sterile hospital ward. But the stroke of genius is the mint that breezes through this composition blending beautifully with the spiciness, bringing the breath of the outdoors and giving the whole thing lift.
If Esprit du Tigre is a spice bomb, it’s one that explodes going ‘poof!’ or ‘voila!’ rather than ‘BLAM!’. I don’t particularly go for spicy perfumes, I don’t care much for clove or mint in my scents, but I still find Esprit du Tigre completely appealing.
It has a pretty long evolution, transitioning first after a few hours into mainly a light and sweet clove before morphing into something oozing creamy soapiness that feels like being wrapped in a fluffy shawl.
24th April, 2014
I smell a lot of mint, pepper, camphor, so in short, as almost any other as already noted, a medicinal bomb. Still this is somehow fascinating, as it results in a fresh and green scent, with an exotic, spicy and balsamic twist - I do not know why, but the whole ensemble makes me think of some kind of a fin-de-siècle military red cross tent, somewhere in the middle of a desert war. The drydown tends more towards classic cologne notes - balsamic on woods.

7,5/10
20th January, 2014 (last edited: 05th April, 2014)

Add your review of Esprit du Tigre / Spirit of the Tiger

Shop for Esprit du Tigre / Spirit of the Tiger products online

Shop for Esprit du Tigre / Spirit of the Tiger at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Esprit du Tigre / Spirit of the Tiger

Member images of Esprit du Tigre / Spirit of the Tiger

There are no member images of Esprit du Tigre / Spirit of the Tiger yet. Why not be the first?