Custo Man (2009)

HouseCusto Barcelona
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian
Parent CompanyAngelini > Idesa

About Custo Man

Custo Man is a masculine fragrance by Custo Barcelona. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Reviews of Custo Man

I have a sample of this fragrance and spray it to my arm yesterday to see how does it smell like.
And what a terrible experience!
Start with very sharp and synthetic floral and herbal notes and huge dose of unbalanced sweetness!
It's not only floral, there is very sharp herbal vibe in it too, but it doesn't smell green or grassy or something like that!
In the mid the sweet note settle down and the herbal and floral notes come into the front and push everything in the background.
The mid is even much worst than the opening!
Do you know what this fragrance remind me of?!
Imagine this.
You're alone in a jungle and you're lost!
You're searching the jungle to find your way which suddenly you see a cab! it's almost night.
You go there and it seem there is no one in it but several candles are burning! so someone is living here!
You go inside, there are so many strange and stinky flowers in the house, there is something in the fireplace that boiling in the pot!
You get close and you see many stinky herbals that are boiling and smell like sh*t!
While you're watching that pot someone from behind is getting close, you turn your head and see a very ugly old woman with a big nose and a robe and a big hat! oh shit she is a witch!
Yeah, I know it's funny but believe me this is my imagination of this fragrance! lol
Projection is great but longevity is average!
Thank god I didn't wear it completely!
01st June, 2014
I agree with those who find this similar to JPG, but, c'mon people, this is a fantastic fragrance. It is citrusy/sweet, it has very good sillage (average longevity), and the best part is that is not expensive. I think this is a great alternative for those of us who love sweet fragrances. It opens quite citrusy, but quickly turns into an amazing sweet syrup. Tonka and musk are easily detectable. I think it is a great choice for sweet-lovers.
04th July, 2012
I had this but gave it away and sometime after that, when I started to develop an interest in male floral fragrances, I rebought it. Thankfully I managed to find 100mll of it for $9.00. What really stands out for me is the neroli.
29th May, 2012
The nose behind this really knows how to make good sweet scents without them being too powerful.
Custo Man starts off with a powdery, soft lemon and sweet vanilla. Reminds me a lot of a Le Male summer variant or like Boucheron pour Homme. The drydown is a pleasant aura of the opening vanilla and some tonka bean and a little musk. The longevity is really good for me.
I really like it, however the (current) $80 price tag hinders an impulse buy just from a sample alone.
30th December, 2011
Great green fragrance. The lemon in this is done beautifully and smells extremely natural. I thought it was lime at first, that is what attracted me to it.

Its clean and fresh and once the middle notes and base notes appear it becomes a very unique citrus/pepper/musk blend which smells amazing.

I would use this for daytime functions like bbq's, the beach, uni, house party's etc.
I wouldn't use it for winter, clubbing or on dates though as its not exactly a seductive smell.

I would buy this again, also, i doubt many have heard of it which is a good thing!, they sell it exclusively at the Perfume connection so im happy its somewhat unique.
27th July, 2010
I tried it on holiday in Gran Canaria and thought Vowww!!! This is amazing stuff!!!
I recall it as a masculine, misterious, extremely sensual fragrance...I shall carry on with this review in 3 weeks after my next holiday in Gran Canaria...
13 June 2010

I have returned to this scent again today, months later after my initial comments...

The scent is different from what you would expect in the current aquatic masculine market...it starts with crisp citrusy notes which are very well blended with juniper and neroli notes which do last a good while...the drydown is musky and long lasting...

A great discovery from Spain...

Well done Mr Kurkdjian...Thumbs up !!!

13th June, 2010 (last edited: 31st January, 2011)

Add your review of Custo Man

3.3 oz Custo Barcelona Man EDT Discontinued, Rare, BNIB, Sealed 100ml

End Date: Wednesday Apr-8-2020 1:04:37 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $155.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Custo Pure Custo Barcelona Man Limited Edition Eau de Parfum 100ml Spray For Him

End Date: Thursday Apr-9-2020 9:33:40 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $17.23
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CUSTO BARCELONA PURE MAN COLLECTOR'S EDITION EAU DE TOILETTE 100ML SPRAY - MEN'S

End Date: Thursday Apr-9-2020 14:18:06 PDT

Custo Barcelona Pure Custo Man Collectors Edition Edp 100ml

End Date: Monday Apr-20-2020 1:28:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $12.28

Member images of Custo Man

There are no member images of Custo Man yet. Why not be the first?