Baudelaire (2009)
by Byredo

Baudelaire information

Year of Launch2009

About Baudelaire

Baudelaire is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2009

Baudelaire fragrance notes

Reviews of Baudelaire

This is a mild thumbs up for a mildly affecting fragrance which takes a slightly different spin on a widely applied formula. Sure it's good; sure it's nice; it would be twice as nice at half the price. The black pepper, incense and leather with very light florals is done all over the place. I am not denigrating this fragrance, It is not, however, a works of olfactory genius. I am only saying there are other options in this category that are similar, possibly more distinctive and less expensive. But if you are worried about this point-- don't-- Baudelaire is a good mens fragrance, for sure. Buy without fear.
04th July, 2015
I like the leather in the drydown but the rest of the notes don't really do it for me.
07th June, 2014
Wow factor

I sprayed it, went to work last week and i walked into a room with 2 men, both men who are not using perfume and eau de Toilette at all... (Besides daily deodorant.)

Both said : damn that smells nice what are you wearing!

Ok... point made > its a great scent !
Its an non-offending great balanced (maybe the best for men from byredo in my opnion)scent.
great notes with Hyacinth and Juniper its notes are uncommon buth well blend together!
like it,love it, and i will describe later what i feel in it.
For now a winner.

Pros: Blended well

24th August, 2013
Such a wonderful scent...warm and comforting. I am aware most of amber and berry accords, and light notes of incense and leather. Are there hints of Jubilation XXV in there, or am I crazy? Whatever it is, I am sold. It's not as dark as I expected (and I'm not even sure why I expected this), but fruitier and rounder. More purple than black. I did have the experience once of sampling it on my skin while rather sweaty after doing some physical work in the heat, and something about the combination was intoxicating.
16th January, 2013
At first I am hit by Mugler's ANGEL (the berries and balsam mix), supported by an amber base. After half an hour, ANGEL is gone and the mix of amber and patchouli has settled into a dry dark and quite pleasant masculine scent.

However, why spend $145 for BAUDELAIRE, when you can get its equivalent in ENRICO SEBASTIANI's FOR MEN for less than a quarter the cost. Odd that the latter is not listed on Basenotes - it's quite fine and the one amber scent in my fragrance wardrobe.
28th September, 2012
Kaern Show all reviews
I put this squarely in the Miller Harris L'Air de Rien category. Sleazy, dirty, stagnant, dusty -- incense over paper and patchouli. The dirtiness is a bit overdone imo and I prefer the former. Could have ben a contender though. Byredo are a bit like early CDG at the moment, i.e. a new fragrance seems to appear every other week.
25th July, 2012

Add your review of Baudelaire

Shop for Baudelaire products online

Shop for Baudelaire at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Baudelaire

Member images of Baudelaire

There are no member images of Baudelaire yet. Why not be the first?