Baudelaire (2009)

Baudelaire information

Year of Launch2009

HouseByredo

About Baudelaire

Baudelaire is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2009

Baudelaire fragrance notes

Reviews of Baudelaire

It seems that I have to affirm myself as the defender of this rare aromatic opulence. Accused by its generic nature, I understand well why it does not usually like: between the little original and the too bold. But this smells incredible, and everyone will admire it in your skin. Strong, watery, pungent and with magnificent, luxurious incense (the best I've smelled). Woody and dirty impression, clearly intended to create a neglected nature, wild and at the same time darkly refined, with surprising modernity in the decadence that nullifies the "old age" of the perfume.
I use it in my nights of immoral pleasures. But it would serve for an aristocratic dinner if you wanted to be like an "enfant terrible". (After all, it is terribly pleasant, in the best sense).
09th March, 2018
Byredo Baudelaire is a spicy masculine scent that's vaguely in the same spirit of fougeres while lacking their freshness.

A mix of juniper, pepper, leather, patchouli, incense, and even a little amber, Baudelaire has spicy elements and lean towards more of a cold weather men's signature scent. The juniper and pepper stand out as sharper notes, even in the dry down, but most of the other accords are in harmony, the amber serving as a smoother counterweight to the incense, patchouli, and leather, a trio that can otherwise be daunting..

I like a little bit, but not nearly as much as some of the more classic spicy men's options from the 80s like YSL Jazz and Chanel Antaeus.

Still, it doesn't move the needle for me very much. I can easily see how men and women alike could love this one, but it's just "off" on my skin, not quite where I feel it should be. Perhaps that's simply my wanting it to be more like other fragrances in the same subgenre, but at least for me, Baudelaire is one I was happy to try but am happier not to buy.

6 out of 10
06th June, 2017
This is a mild thumbs up for a mildly affecting fragrance which takes a slightly different spin on a widely applied formula. Sure it's good; sure it's nice; it would be twice as nice at half the price. The black pepper, incense and leather with very light florals is done all over the place. I am not denigrating this fragrance, It is not, however, a works of olfactory genius. I am only saying there are other options in this category that are similar, possibly more distinctive and less expensive. But if you are worried about this point-- don't-- Baudelaire is a good mens fragrance, for sure. Buy without fear.
04th July, 2015
I like the leather in the drydown but the rest of the notes don't really do it for me.
07th June, 2014
Wow factor

I sprayed it, went to work last week and i walked into a room with 2 men, both men who are not using perfume and eau de Toilette at all... (Besides daily deodorant.)

Both said : damn that smells nice what are you wearing!

Ok... point made > its a great scent !
Its an non-offending great balanced (maybe the best for men from byredo in my opnion)scent.
great notes with Hyacinth and Juniper its notes are uncommon buth well blend together!
like it,love it, and i will describe later what i feel in it.
For now a winner.

Pros: Blended well
Cons:

24th August, 2013
Such a wonderful scent...warm and comforting (often...see below). I am aware most of amber and berry accords, and light notes of incense and leather. Are there hints of Jubilation XXV in there, or am I crazy? It's not as dark as I expected (and I'm not even sure why I expected this), but fruitier and rounder. More purple than black. I did have the experience once of sampling it on my skin while rather sweaty after doing some physical work in the heat, and something about the combination was intoxicating. However, this is a day-to-day roller coaster of an affair for me...some days it's something velvety I love rolling around in, and some days it's a little too brash and 80s-feeling on me. Go figure.
16th January, 2013 (last edited: 16th January, 2016)

Add your review of Baudelaire

Shop for Baudelaire products online

Shop for Baudelaire at online perfumeries

Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Eau De Parfum Spray (Unisex) 3.4 oz-100 ml-Men

Byredo Baudelaire Cologne By BYREDO FOR MEN 3.4 oz EDP Spray (Unisex) 516727

End Date: Tuesday Mar-26-2019 23:18:25 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $214.98

Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Byredo all samples 2ml(0.06fl.oz) for woman & men perfume, buy 5 get 1 for free!

End Date: Friday Mar-29-2019 14:47:19 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $9.99

Member images of Baudelaire

There are no member images of Baudelaire yet. Why not be the first?