Baudelaire (2009)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Baudelaire Fragrance Notes

Shop for Baudelaire products online

Reviews of Baudelaire

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral4 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

MrMookie's avatar
    MrMookie

Wow factor

I sprayed it, went to work last week and i walked into a room with 2 men, both men who are not using perfume and eau de Toilette at all... (Besides daily deodorant.)

Both said : damn that smells nice what are you wearing!

Ok... point made > its a great scent !
    Its an non-offending great balanced (maybe the best for men from byredo in my opnion)scent.
    great notes with Hyacinth and Juniper its notes are uncommon buth well blend together!
    like it,love it, and i will describe later what i feel in it.
    For now a winner.

Pros: Blended well
    Cons:

24 August, 2013

KJBarrett's avatar
    KJBarrett

Such a wonderful scent...warm and comforting. I am aware most of amber and berry accords, and light notes of incense and leather. Are there hints of Jubilation XXV in there, or am I crazy? Whatever it is, I am sold. It's not as dark as I expected (and I'm not even sure why I expected this), but fruitier and rounder. More purple than black. I did have the experience once of sampling it on my skin while rather sweaty after doing some physical work in the heat, and something about the combination was intoxicating.

16 January, 2013

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

At first I am hit by Mugler's ANGEL (the berries and balsam mix), supported by an amber base. After half an hour, ANGEL is gone and the mix of amber and patchouli has settled into a dry dark and quite pleasant masculine scent.

However, why spend $145 for BAUDELAIRE, when you can get its equivalent in ENRICO SEBASTIANI's FOR MEN for less than a quarter the cost. Odd that the latter is not listed on Basenotes - it's quite fine and the one amber scent in my fragrance wardrobe.

28 September, 2012

Kaern's avatar
    Kaern

I put this squarely in the Miller Harris L'Air de Rien category. Sleazy, dirty, stagnant, dusty -- incense over paper and patchouli. The dirtiness is a bit overdone imo and I prefer the former. Could have ben a contender though. Byredo are a bit like early CDG at the moment, i.e. a new fragrance seems to appear every other week.

25 July, 2012

HackerX's avatar
    HackerX

Just a beautiful scent! Smokey incense with a hint of leather. It transports me to temples I've visisted in my childhood. It has a certain 80s powerhouse feel, yet it's soft and calm, subtle but long lasting, dark yet spiritual. There's also a hint of sweetness, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Byredo has created a masterpiece with Baudelaire.

07 May, 2012

blackened's avatar
    blackened
    Spain Spain

the Overall, while not the same, bears a certain resemblance with LŽinstant edp eau extreme.I'm not completely convinced by the dirty note of most of Byredos, Can it be the papyrus? That note reminds me a little of the smell of compost.
    at least it is to praise, a certain unique style and distinctive touch in their perfumes.

14 March, 2012