Blanche (2009)

About Blanche

Blanche is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2009

Blanche fragrance notes

Reviews of Blanche

I'm reluctant to admit I blindly bought this for the name and the bottle thinking it had to be good. Alas, I was mistaken. Synthetic and gives me a headache. Agree with previous reviews that is smells of laundry detergent. Oh well...looks nice on my vanity.
05th September, 2016
A 21st century 'update' of then-avant garde White Linen, albeit with the soapy aldehydic element significantly toned down. It's really not as harsh as some reviews might have you believing, coming across as scrubbed-clean fresh and just a touch floral. Persistence on skin is surprisingly good.

I'll wager many women will love this on their men. As much as they love the scent of laundered sheets, you say? Well, what's so wrong about that? If a scent makes your woman happy then I say it's worth every penny!
01st July, 2016
I like, but don't love, this one. The idea of dryer sheets and Tide had been pre-planted in my mind by the reviews here, and I can definitely smell those things if I'm looking for them. But the scent is actually much nicer than Tide and dryer sheets. it is a very elegant rendering of that clean laundry scent. I like this more than most of what is available in the typical department store, but I'm not sure it's worth Byredo prices.
21st October, 2014
I was disappointed with this because it smelled like dryer sheets. The lasting power is the only thing good about it.
29th November, 2011
Often, I encounter a fragrance that has been designed with the express idea of coupling its wagon to the smell of freshly laundered clothing. Byredo have taken this route with Blanche, and although it at no times causes even a hint of repugnance in me, it is a rather contrived attempt to bring the essence of sun-kissed cotton to the niche market. For those that remember the original Cerruti Pour Homme, the dainty aldehydic floral accords will feel very familiar.

It is genuinely gender neutral, though I find it difficult to imagine a suitable recipient for such a one dimensional fragrance. Perhaps a clean freak could wear it as a defence against an accusution of poor personal hygiene. This is the sort of fragrance I expect to emerge from the labs at Procter and Gamble and not from the often innovative chaps at Byredo.
31st October, 2011 (last edited: 07th November, 2011)
Nice, clean fragrance but to me it smells like Tide, the laundry detergent; a rather expensive buy if the end result is the same as putting your clothes in the washer. Longevity is ok; I think it lasted ~5-6 hours on my wrists.
16th July, 2010

Add your review of Blanche

Shop for Blanche products online

Search Amazon for Blanche

Member images of Blanche

There are no member images of Blanche yet. Why not be the first?