Blanche (2009)

About Blanche

Blanche is a shared / unisex perfume by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2009

Blanche fragrance notes

Reviews of Blanche

Byredo Blanche is mainly a musky floral with a heavy dose of rose from its onset, in contrast to more yellow floral La Tulipe. Blanche, like La Tulipe, is fresh, traditionally feminine-leaning, and somewhat fleeting, but is agreeable in its composition.

Other supporting notes include pink pepper, sandalwood, and other florals like peony, and these foster subtle nuances, making it more interesting than boring but ultimately a little unconvincing for its retail or even discounted Byredo pricing. I might be interested in a bottle for $25 but not for 5-10 times that. Still, a pleasant scent that's worthy of trying. This is one of the more balanced florals I've tried previously.

7 out of 10
14th June, 2017
As much as Id love to buy and wear Blanche, I ultimately decided against it. Its not that I dont like it - it took me two whole days to decide whether or not Blanche is for me, but the more I wear Blanche, the more I find its similarity to fabric softeners.

There is a sheer transparency with Blanche as evident in my first impression of it. Blanche will join the ranks of Chanel no. 5, Rouge d'Hermes, and Jour d'Hermes in a category that I call "relaxers" that help me fall sleep. Very, very relaxing and calming.

Id still give Blanche a Two Thumbs up or a 8/10 rating. The search for a clean scent for me still continues on. I believe in a genderless fragrance (Blanche is skewed more to the feminine) but I cant seem to bring myself to decide that Blanche is the clean fragrance for me. I believe that a lot of people will settle for this as their clean scent but not me. Here is hoping Monsieur Ellena comes out of retirement and create one.

This closely resembles Artisan by Jon Varvatos and I would consider Blanche as Artisan's feminine counterpart. What's stopping me to consider Artisan as my clean fragrance is the criminally short longevity of the scent.
17th November, 2016
I'm reluctant to admit I blindly bought this for the name and the bottle thinking it had to be good. Alas, I was mistaken. Synthetic and gives me a headache. Agree with previous reviews that is smells of laundry detergent. Oh well...looks nice on my vanity.
05th September, 2016
A 21st century 'update' of then-avant garde White Linen, albeit with the soapy aldehydic element significantly toned down. It's really not as harsh as some reviews might have you believing, coming across as scrubbed-clean fresh and just a touch floral. Persistence on skin is surprisingly good.

I'll wager many women will love this on their men. As much as they love the scent of laundered sheets, you say? Well, what's so wrong about that? If a scent makes your woman happy then I say it's worth every penny!
01st July, 2016
I like, but don't love, this one. The idea of dryer sheets and Tide had been pre-planted in my mind by the reviews here, and I can definitely smell those things if I'm looking for them. But the scent is actually much nicer than Tide and dryer sheets. it is a very elegant rendering of that clean laundry scent. I like this more than most of what is available in the typical department store, but I'm not sure it's worth Byredo prices.
21st October, 2014
I was disappointed with this because it smelled like dryer sheets. The lasting power is the only thing good about it.
29th November, 2011

Add your review of Blanche

Shop for Blanche products online

Search Amazon for Blanche

Member images of Blanche

There are no member images of Blanche yet. Why not be the first?