Chypre

Chypre information

HouseEssentially Me
PerfumerAlec Lawless

About Chypre

Chypre is a shared / unisex perfume by Essentially Me. The fragrance was created by perfumer Alec Lawless

Reviews of Chypre

Eliza Show all reviews
For the first 10 minutes I suffered through something bitter and medicinal . this one isn not for me. I love to read the notes: violets, tobacco, and oakmoss , but I couldn't detect them when I wore Chypre. It does develop into something woody and rose like which is nice, yet the first part of it was unpleasant for me.
29th November, 2010

In the opening I get a strongly aromatic cedar woodnote that demolishes the florals and dominates the its tobacco note... absolutely no citrus. Because I am oversensitive to wood notes, the florals and citrus, and later the green, moss, and marine notes simply do not make it through the cedar dominance. I do get cumin, and that hangs on for the run of the fragrance. I like the cumin and I feel itís about the only note in the fragrance that says ďchypreĒ to me. Because chypre is my favorite genre, I originally thought that I would like to experience an oakmoss with a little more strength of character. In wearing the fragrance, I somehow, someway get a genuine chypre feel in it, and I have no idea why that is so, and I enjoy it. Just like many of the original womenís chypres, this Chypre is suitable for a man. Sexy.

01st November, 2010
Like a crossbreed of Coty Chypre and Bowling Green, CHYPRE is a tad spicy and not quite as mossy as I prefer my chypres to be. I don't find it gourmand at all, at least not in the projected sillage, but the cumin tends to overstay its welcome.

Notes:
linden blossom, neroli, bergamot, lime, cassis, lavender, rose, violet leaf, mint, cumin, seaweed, cedar, cypress, tobacco, oakmoss.
30th October, 2010
Nice gourmand scent with lots of spice; yes the cumin is ever present from the top notes right through to the basenotes; very long lasting and made with good ingredients; I have really enjoyed it this one too...

Thanks very much...big thumbs up...!!!

26th October, 2010
...excuse me...but there seems to be an excess of cumin in my Chypre!

...and lots of it! If you love cumin, this one will melt your heart. If you're like me, and have a serious aversion ~ you may not enjoy it. A little too foody for my taste too. True enough, the cumin fades and what's left is much like Coty's original Chypre! Although it's not my style, this unique take on the genre' should bring some devoted followers.

22nd October, 2010
There are certain expectations that come along with any perfume named Chypre, and Alec Lawlessís composition begins exactly as expected. It opens with a burst of fresh and slightly resinous bergamot coupled to a touch of dry spice in way that calls to mind the original Pour Monsieur by Chanel. But after about fifteen seconds, Chypre fakes right and spins left, transforming into something completely unexpected. Imagine the smell of your great aunt Lynnís mohair cardigan that reeks of fifty years of stale cigarette smokeóand now invert that completely. Chypre becomes a deep tobacco scent that touches on all the positive aspects of tobacco, leaving any off-notes behind in your great auntís sweater. The fragrance is alternately leafy, floral, resinous, and spiced, all the while remaining rich and sweet without any hint of smoke. Although oakmoss is discernible in the base, the overall impression is somewhere between vintage humidor and freshly baked coffee cake.
16th October, 2010

Add your review of Chypre

Shop for Chypre products online

Search Amazon for Chypre

Member images of Chypre

There are no member images of Chypre yet. Why not be the first?