Fauve

Fauve information

HouseEssentially Me
PerfumerAlec Lawless

About Fauve

Fauve is a shared / unisex perfume by Essentially Me. The fragrance was created by perfumer Alec Lawless

Reviews of Fauve

Eliza Show all reviews
Before I looked at the notes on this one, I could not figure out or pinpoint what it was about. It was wearable and I liked it; too bad it didn't have a lot of lasting power to it. I was thinking the blend contained Lavender and evergreens. Some scents need a lot of exploration and this is one of them. It could be something that would grow on me as some perfumes have proven; only time can tell.
29th November, 2010

As in several others of the Essentially Me fragrances that I tested, in the opening I get a strong set of aromatic notes… this time the aromatics are woody notes which overpower the listed opening notes of vanilla and jasmine. You can’t prove it by me that there is vanilla and jasmine in the opening… nor rose in the heart notes. All I get is wood and patchouli – quite aromatic but also a bit too generic and uninspired, and this accord lasts through to the end. Although I usually love wood fragrances, Fauve just doesn’t work for me.

01st November, 2010
Fauve is like a dream in which you are walking through a jungle in Madagascar with lush flowers blooming all around and fragrant vanilla pods scattered across the mossy forest floor. However, in the middle of this dream walk, you stumble across a group of Eastern Orthodox monks processing through a clearing, blessing the forest with their aromatic swinging censers. On the whole, Fauve is alternately mossy, floral, and balsamic with a surprising burst of incense midway through its development. In the end, it dries down to a cool, earthy base that is inviting and masculine.
23rd October, 2010
Gorgeous green mossy Fougere...

The beginning is strong waking you up right away; I can detect some geranium and lavender notes beautifully done... the heart notes come in after an hour or so and fill you up with clover and oakmoss notes that remind me of English fern by Penhaligons; I can also detect some leather and wood notes that dance with the oakmoss notes for ages...is there some vetiver notes as well? Possibly...

In summary, very green mossy and fresh scent made with top ingredients; definitely one scent for autumn/winter or when your mood demands some greenery in your life...with great longevity and sillagebig thumbs up...!!!
13th October, 2010

Add your review of Fauve

Shop for Fauve products online

Search Amazon for Fauve

Member images of Fauve

There are no member images of Fauve yet. Why not be the first?