Wolfgang Joop Freigeist (2010)
by Joop!

SupplierIFF
PackagingLutz Herrmann
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Wolfgang Joop Freigeist

Wolfgang Joop Freigeist is a masculine fragrance by Joop!. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Aliénor Massenet and Sophie Labbé. The bottle was designed by Lutz Herrmann

Wolfgang Joop Freigeist fragrance notes

Reviews of Wolfgang Joop Freigeist

Generic, boring, nondescript... - what a waste - considering the gorgeous NAME of the fragrance! Freigeist is such a fantastic word in German - and now linked to such a vile scent.
23rd April, 2010
This is bad. I am not sure wht they were going for, but it is not a very good fragrance. it is light, it has a bit of the original Wolfgang Joop, but it simply cannot make up its mind, a weak blue-green (individually, not blended) spicy mess. Ironic, considering 'freigeist' is German for free thinker. This thinker never arrives at free thought.
06th April, 2010
I just had a sample vial a few days ago and tested it on a paper strip since I yet wore cologne this day. I wasn't impressed at all but decided to try on my skin today though.
According to other websites, it's a "fresh floral fougere", and I would call it fresh too. But not fresh in the way I like :(
Well... I find it boring, extremely common in a 90s feeling. I still was a child in the 90s and I remember I was given some sample vials of Joop! and Joop! Nightflight. This is exactly what I think about when I smell this "new" Joop! fragrance. It's not really too much bad, it's just not me.
I don't really like what I call "perfumey" fragrances, I prefer to let the people puzzling what I'm wearing ("is that his showergel ?" "maybe a 'special oil' ?") rather than just make people think "oh he's wearing cologne...". Following this way, I'm rather in odd and light fragrances than powerhouses who fills a room by their smell.
And this Joop! is a typical generic and bland mix of this kind of fragrances who growned up in the 90s.
I'm sure it will sell though, cause I know a lot of people like that kind of fresh and a bit woody ones, and if I wanted one like that too, it could do the job well.
I only tried it once so I don't wanna be too much uncompromising about the longevity and sillage, but they seem to be both honest even if I tend to think that the longevity is not really impressive.
For me it's a thumb down cause I'm really not in that kind of frags, but let your own taste leads you, afterall I'm rather a newbie in fragrance world so I'm not trained enough yet to always perceive all the subtleties in a frag ;)
01st February, 2010

Add your review of Wolfgang Joop Freigeist

Shop for Wolfgang Joop Freigeist products online

Search Amazon for Wolfgang Joop Freigeist

Member images of Wolfgang Joop Freigeist

There are no member images of Wolfgang Joop Freigeist yet. Why not be the first?