Idylle (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser

About Idylle

Idylle is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Idylle fragrance notes

Reviews of Idylle

Got this as a Christmas present for my wife. She loves it, I love it on her, very happy with it. It's just an absolutely lovely fragrance, definitely feminine with a gentle grace and beauty, but avoiding being girly-girl teenie-bopper bubbly and/or overly sweet. It's elegent in a very unassuming way of simply being what it is. To me, a very attractive fragrance. This alongside Chanel Allure are my absolute favorites on my wife.
30th January, 2015
Wow I absolutely LOVE this scent! It's divine!
A gorgeous floral, soft, elegant and feminine.
The delicious lily-of-the-valley (very prominent along with the rose in this scent) reminds me of Diorissimo, the drydown reminds me of Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDP (the rose-musk-patchouli combo), but much better, no syntethic smell, the musk and all the other notes are perfectly balanced.
One of the best feminine scents around. My favorite along with Alien.
If you love florals. this is a must have. Amazing and longlasting. Perfect scent in a beautiful bottle.
I also recommend the EDT (more floral, sparkling and light) and the body lotion.
P:S.: Men appreciate it very much, I always get many compliments ;-)
10th December, 2014
A very pleasant scent indeed. It should offend no one.

Enjoyable but not special enough to buy. Will enjoy my sample.
28th October, 2014
Young floral

It is mainly the pretty combination of lily of the valley, peonie, freesias and somewhat artificial roses, lots of roses that I get here, with a hint of white musk in the drydown. A pleasant floral.

28th October, 2013
Nouveau chypre

Poor Idylle is not greatly loved in the perfumista world but I believe it is widely popular with * normal * people.

There is a difference between the EDP and the EDT . I like both but I prefer the EDT.

EDT- This is basically more rose- beautiful sweet peony tinged rose. Very lasting for an EDT . It really rocked my boat when I smelt it. More so than the EDP .

The EDP is more fuzzy nouveau chypre ( a chypre for our times ) with a Guerlain touch in the drydown . It reminds me of Gucci by Gucci ( brown bottle - new version ) but with all the edges smoothed , powdered and Guerlainized . It has a 'chewy ' character- similar to the Gucci which makes it a nouveau chpyre. I wear Idylle once in a while but it starts to irritate me after a while. Longevity is excellent- lasting but subtle.

Pros: Guerlain Plushy Nouveau Chypre
Cons: None"

20th September, 2013
This is a very pretty, gentle, young-style floral. Lots of roses in a big bouquet.
Sweet, but that's no surprise. Soft musk, romantic and young at heart.
Attractive, feminine.
27th September, 2012

Add your review of Idylle

Shop for Idylle products online

Shop for Idylle at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Idylle

Member images of Idylle

There are no member images of Idylle yet. Why not be the first?