Idylle (2009)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 86 ratings

Idylle Fragrance Notes

Idylle information

Idylle is a women's fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2009 and the bottle was designed by Ora-ito

Shop for Idylle products online

100ml EdP
    50ml EdT
    100ml EdT
    50ml EdP
    50ml EdT
    Get a monthly supply
    Subscribe to Scentbird and receive a 30-day supply of the scent of your choice for $14.95/ month. (US only)
    Learn more

Reviews of Idylle

Showing 1 to 6 of 20 reviews.

Claire811's avatar

Wow I absolutely LOVE this scent! It's divine!
    A gorgeous floral, soft, elegant and feminine.
    The delicious lily-of-the-valley (very prominent along with the rose in this scent) reminds me of Diorissimo, the drydown reminds me of Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDP (the rose-musk-patchouli combo), but much better, no syntethic smell, the musk and all the other notes are perfectly balanced.
    One of the best feminine scents around. My favorite along with Alien.
    If you love florals. this is a must have. Amazing and longlasting. Perfect scent in a beautiful bottle.
    I also recommend the EDT (more floral, sparkling and light) and the body lotion.
    P:S.: Men appreciate it very much, I always get many compliments ;-)

10th December, 2014

BetsyMeszaros's avatar

A very pleasant scent indeed. It should offend no one.

Enjoyable but not special enough to buy. Will enjoy my sample.

28th October, 2014

rbaker's avatar

Young floral

It is mainly the pretty combination of lily of the valley, peonie, freesias and somewhat artificial roses, lots of roses that I get here, with a hint of white musk in the drydown. A pleasant floral.

28th October, 2013

Mimi Gardenia's avatar

Nouveau chypre

Poor Idylle is not greatly loved in the perfumista world but I believe it is widely popular with * normal * people.

There is a difference between the EDP and the EDT . I like both but I prefer the EDT.

EDT- This is basically more rose- beautiful sweet peony tinged rose. Very lasting for an EDT . It really rocked my boat when I smelt it. More so than the EDP .

The EDP is more fuzzy nouveau chypre ( a chypre for our times ) with a Guerlain touch in the drydown . It reminds me of Gucci by Gucci ( brown bottle - new version ) but with all the edges smoothed , powdered and Guerlainized . It has a 'chewy ' character- similar to the Gucci which makes it a nouveau chpyre. I wear Idylle once in a while but it starts to irritate me after a while. Longevity is excellent- lasting but subtle.

Pros: Guerlain Plushy Nouveau Chypre
    Cons: None"

20th September, 2013

odysseusm's avatar

This is a very pretty, gentle, young-style floral. Lots of roses in a big bouquet.
    Sweet, but that's no surprise. Soft musk, romantic and young at heart.
    Attractive, feminine.

27th September, 2012

zubi's avatar

Kenya Kenya

The bottle is interesting. It's been compared to chocolates, a bike saddle, golden drops, and an upside-down shoe heel. It is nice from far, but far from nice. In images it looks chic, in real life the plastic chips away and you realise that your diamond was actually a piece of glitter reflecting the sun. I am not shallow enough to judge a perfume by its bottle, but this little tidbit of information about the bottle runs parallel to my feelings on the juice itself.

Idylle starts with a fruit burst that is pretty yummy. I can definitely smell a soft white flower with that fruit - and then suddenly the fruit is gone (though it still wafts at times); closer to skin I can only smell a white floral. Whereas J'adore is classy and boring, this one is sparklier but soft (a white floral hater could love this). I do get aldehydes (or is this scent just hurting my nose with cheap synthetic ingredients?) and find this lovely and blended well. But that's just it - it's another Vera Wang (maybe more bold), J'adore (brighter), and Attimo, but with slightly different notes. I would even say it's got a lot of Miss Dior Cherie (vintage) - which may be why I like it - that raspberry note is probably the culprit. It is admittedly the best I have tried in my fruity floral range this week - but that is not saying much.

It's just another fruity floral for the young and/or unaware perfume admirer. It's a gorgeous one, but not memorable enough to keep. It does not deserve Guerlain's name on it! Some proper Guerlinade as a base (or anything a little more worth the high price of this fragrance) would have made this a keeper, or at least some sort of nod at the fact that this perfume house is full of classics. I understand they are trying a new direction, but then at least put some contrast to the notes, so my brain stays challenged. Contrast, people, contrast! Is that too much to ask?

Verdict: Yeah... No. If perfumes were actresses, this would be Jessica Simpson. I prefer me some Meryl Streep, Angelina Jolie, and Audrey Hepburn, thank you.

11th August, 2012

Idylle by Guerlain Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz NEW In Box
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 20 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    IDYLLE By GUERLAIN Eau de Parfum Spray 1.6 oz 50 ml For Women Brand New!
    • Time Left: 29 days
    NEW IN BOX GUERLAIN "IDYLLE " EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 35ml
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 1 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 4 days
    HIGHEST BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)
    Idylle by Guerlain Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz NEW
    • Time Left: 18 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    IDYLLE perfume by Guerlain WOMEN'S EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ (UNBOXED)
    • Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 5 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    IDYLLE by Guerlain 1.7 oz. edt Perfume Spray (Original)
    • Time Left: 19 days