Idylle (2009)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 86 ratings

Idylle Fragrance Notes

Idylle information

Idylle is a women's fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2009 and the bottle was designed by Ora-ito

Shop for Idylle products online

50ml EdP
    100ml EdT
    50ml EdP

Reviews of Idylle

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.

rbaker's avatar

Young floral

It is mainly the pretty combination of lily of the valley, peonie, freesias and somewhat artificial roses, lots of roses that I get here, with a hint of white musk in the drydown. A pleasant floral.

28 October, 2013

Mimi Gardenia's avatar

Nouveau chypre

Poor Idylle is not greatly loved in the perfumista world but I believe it is widely popular with * normal * people.

There is a difference between the EDP and the EDT . I like both but I prefer the EDT.

EDT- This is basically more rose- beautiful sweet peony tinged rose. Very lasting for an EDT . It really rocked my boat when I smelt it. More so than the EDP .

The EDP is more fuzzy nouveau chypre ( a chypre for our times ) with a Guerlain touch in the drydown . It reminds me of Gucci by Gucci ( brown bottle - new version ) but with all the edges smoothed , powdered and Guerlainized . It has a 'chewy ' character- similar to the Gucci which makes it a nouveau chpyre. I wear Idylle once in a while but it starts to irritate me after a while. Longevity is excellent- lasting but subtle.

Pros: Guerlain Plushy Nouveau Chypre
    Cons: None"

20th September, 2013

odysseusm's avatar

This is a very pretty, gentle, young-style floral. Lots of roses in a big bouquet.
    Sweet, but that's no surprise. Soft musk, romantic and young at heart.
    Attractive, feminine.

27 September, 2012

zubi's avatar

Kenya Kenya

The bottle is interesting. It's been compared to chocolates, a bike saddle, golden drops, and an upside-down shoe heel. It is nice from far, but far from nice. In images it looks chic, in real life the plastic chips away and you realise that your diamond was actually a piece of glitter reflecting the sun. I am not shallow enough to judge a perfume by its bottle, but this little tidbit of information about the bottle runs parallel to my feelings on the juice itself.

Idylle starts with a fruit burst that is pretty yummy. I can definitely smell a soft white flower with that fruit - and then suddenly the fruit is gone (though it still wafts at times); closer to skin I can only smell a white floral. Whereas J'adore is classy and boring, this one is sparklier but soft (a white floral hater could love this). I do get aldehydes (or is this scent just hurting my nose with cheap synthetic ingredients?) and find this lovely and blended well. But that's just it - it's another Vera Wang (maybe more bold), J'adore (brighter), and Attimo, but with slightly different notes. I would even say it's got a lot of Miss Dior Cherie (vintage) - which may be why I like it - that raspberry note is probably the culprit. It is admittedly the best I have tried in my fruity floral range this week - but that is not saying much.

It's just another fruity floral for the young and/or unaware perfume admirer. It's a gorgeous one, but not memorable enough to keep. It does not deserve Guerlain's name on it! Some proper Guerlinade as a base (or anything a little more worth the high price of this fragrance) would have made this a keeper, or at least some sort of nod at the fact that this perfume house is full of classics. I understand they are trying a new direction, but then at least put some contrast to the notes, so my brain stays challenged. Contrast, people, contrast! Is that too much to ask?

Verdict: Yeah... No. If perfumes were actresses, this would be Jessica Simpson. I prefer me some Meryl Streep, Angelina Jolie, and Audrey Hepburn, thank you.

11th August, 2012

Darvant's avatar

Idylle is a feminine musky-floral that smells to me pleasant, cool and elegant but that doesn't manage to tickle in the right way my taste and pleasure. I smell for long mainly petitgrain, lily and freesia and the chord is utterly sour and sharply fruity. In the first part of the development i smell a sort of lemony-orangy, grassy and lymphatic  sharpness than doesn't break my heart at all. Sliding the time the sharpness fades a bit and a softer and elegant rose turns out over a musky and mossy base that is able to tame, in its soft woodsy bed,  the bare accord of aqueous flowers and petitgrain and endly to soften the juice. Patchouli and rose arouse a discreet elegance and the smell holds on rosey and fruity till the end. I don't catch the presence of woods in the dry down. This scent is not a masterpiece, is a bit vague and too  easy, just a juice to feel yourself  clean and confortable in the day time at work or going around.

16 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 17 March, 2012)

WidgeryWinks's avatar

Starts out rose and jasmine but within 20 minutes it has turned on my skin to something sickly sweet and strong. So disappointing after such a promising start. I am overpowered. Perhaps this might work better in cool weather. It is not a summer fragrance for me.

02 March, 2012

• Time Left: 25 days
    Idylle Eau Sublime by Guerlain EDT Spray 3.3 oz
    • Time Left: 16 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    IDYLLE by Guerlain 1.7 oz. edt Perfume Spray (Original)
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    STARTING BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    IDYLLE by Guerlain 3.4 oz. edt Perfume Spray (Original)
    • Time Left: 19 days