Idylle (2009)

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Idylle

Idylle is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Idylle fragrance notes

Reviews of Idylle

Floral opening for a floral fragrance... First the freesia takes prominence to my nose – it’s a soft freesia note… less sharp than most freesias and more complex than the freesias that I’m used to because of the softening effects of lily of the valley and jasmine – quite white floral. This floral opening lasts for an impressive length and I quite enjoy it more than most freesia accords I’ve encountered. I’m afraid I don’t feel that the accord is very natural, but I do enjoy it.

When the rose enters, it, too, comes on softly, and lasts well. A little cooler than the opening freesia, the rose seems to flow naturally from the opening accord. The rose note is not a grabber, but it is adequately competent as rose notes go.

The base retains the fragrance’s strong-but-descrete floral character combined with a subtle white musk… if there’s patchouli present, I don’t smell it. The base is even softer than the prier levels. Idylle is a pleasant, softly feminine sort of fragrance – one that would serve beautifully as a background rather than an attention-getter. Cleanly structured, beautifully performing in its subtlety and longevity.

19th December, 2016
Salutation.

From Artistic Bottle until Enchanting scent GUERLAIN knows what a lady wants and again a Respectable perfume with Perfect balance between Classic&Modern and a Bottle like a pure Jewel. Graceful,Feminine,Impressive,Floral,Fresh and Elegant.

Rich opening.This scent is a contrast between different flowers but Rose is sublime.It remindes me A little MAGNIFIQUE but this is GUERLAIN style a Particular style that not for Everyone.It makes Perfect harmony with a beautiful black dress and sparkly Jewels.

In my opinion IDYLLE is one of those you would not leave your wrist because You are addict with it.I would recommend it yo any Lady who is Looking for a Classy and Attractive scent for SPECIAL moments.Suitable for AUTUMN/SPRING and a Great surprise for Present too.

Sillage?Noticeable.

Longevity?One word Great.

Thank You GUERLAIN.

13th June, 2015
Got this as a Christmas present for my wife. She loves it, I love it on her, very happy with it. It's just an absolutely lovely fragrance, definitely feminine with a gentle grace and beauty, but avoiding being girly-girl teenie-bopper bubbly and/or overly sweet. It's elegent in a very unassuming way of simply being what it is. To me, a very attractive fragrance. This alongside Chanel Allure are my absolute favorites on my wife.
30th January, 2015
Wow I absolutely LOVE this scent! It's divine!
A gorgeous floral, soft, elegant and feminine.
The delicious lily-of-the-valley (very prominent along with the rose in this scent) reminds me of Diorissimo, the drydown reminds me of Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDP (the rose-musk-patchouli combo), but much better, no syntethic smell, the musk and all the other notes are perfectly balanced.
One of the best feminine scents around. My favorite along with its flankers and Coco Mademoiselle.
If you love florals this is a must have. Amazing and longlasting. Perfect scent in a beautiful bottle.
I also recommend the EDT (more floral, sparkling and light), the Eau Sublime (fruitier, a peachy rose) and the body lotion.
P:S.: Men appreciate it very much, I always get many compliments ;-)
10th December, 2014 (last edited: 03rd June, 2015)
A very pleasant scent indeed. It should offend no one.

Enjoyable but not special enough to buy. Will enjoy my sample.
28th October, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Young floral

It is mainly the pretty combination of lily of the valley, peonie, freesias and somewhat artificial roses, lots of roses that I get here, with a hint of white musk in the drydown. A pleasant floral.

28th October, 2013

Add your review of Idylle

Shop for Idylle products online

Search Amazon for Idylle

Member images of Idylle

There are no member images of Idylle yet. Why not be the first?