Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria (2010)
by Acqua di Parma

Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria information

Year of Launch2010

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria

Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria is a shared / unisex perfume by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 2010

Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria fragrance notes

Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria

Gorgeous!!! Summer in a bottle. Longevity is awful otherwise I would own a bottle!!
15th July, 2018
Very light, refreshing lemon citrus in the opening mixed with floral notes for a very clean and unisex effect. The florals continue into the drydown mixed with a soft musk, making this lean more feminine to me. In the final phase, I get mostly soft musk and vetiver which is pretty nice and not as feminine.

Performance is interesting as the projection is below average during the entire development but I actually got all workday longevity. I sprayed on my clothes and that seemed to help a lot.
13th July, 2018
Bergamotto di Calabria is a beautiful fragrance, simple, elegant and just lovely. I find it quite intoxicating.

Yes the performance is certainly not the best, but this is one of those rare moments for me when the overall effect of the fragrance makes up for it's performance woes IMO.

It does remind me slightly of Sel de Vetiver but only briefly. It also reminds me of Dior Homme Cologne to some extent, but it is better to my nose than the Dior. It reminds me of many fragrances in part, however none capture the magic that this possesses for me.

This is what I might have imagined Grace Kelly to waft of in "To Catch a Thief", though I realize the movie was in Nice.

I realize there are a million versions of this type of fragrance, but this for me is very, very special. It is the best of summer in a bottle.
07th May, 2016
Bergamotto di Calabria embraces the semi-bitterness of the eponymous bergamot note, which stands out above all else and is mainly paired with a musk base.

I haven't tried many fragrances that rely solely on bergamot, not coupling it with another citrus or top note, but this is almost a refreshlingy bitter take on a citrus-heavy fragrance. Its opening only is slightly saltier and more acidic than its dry down. Longevity and projection are on par with most other ADP fragrances, good but not great.

Most reviews cite similarities to Dior Homme so I'd have to try that to compare, but as it stands, this is a pleasant warm weather day fragrance. Still debatable if it merits the Acqua di Parma price, cheaper designer options notwithstanding, but something that I imagine most men and some women could pull off in the summer especially. I probably wouldn't opt to buy this as I get a similar-enough experience from the cheap, grapefruit-based Elixir White by C.O. Bigelow, but some may find ADP BdC more compelling.

7 out of 10
12th June, 2015
Pleasant, powerful opening, not much deep neither rich (we're in quite a chemical realm here, forget the "Bergamot of Calabria" – more "Autan insecticide" - maybe purchased in Calabria, that's fine). Classic summer cologne base of delicate flowers, ginger, aromatic woods. After a while you get the vetiver note better. Mellow soft musky feel. Must say it is barely pleasant, and plus, it "tones down" in a matter of minutes, becoming a subtle, close-to-skin floral/talcum scent with fresh notes and a slight aromatic vetiver feel. Basically a decent, super safe and quite elegant "eau de cologne" like plenty of others. Strictly for "parvenus". Short persistence.

22nd April, 2014
On me, this smells like sweet grape candy mixed with the stench of hot toner ink and rubbing alcohol over the smell of a wooden board. Some jasmine comes in eventually, but it just makes the fake grape smell like grape bubblegum, before the sweetness dies away altogether, leaving nothing but a sneezy rubbing alcohol smell for most of the day.

There's a very ubiquitous mix of windex and grape drink that's incredibly popular in the men's designer scent market - Bergamotto is obviously trying to appeal to fans of that combination, with just an extra pinch of flowery sweetness and that odd ink smell to keep it from smelling like everything else. To be honest, when I first sprayed this without looking, I assumed it was a Hugo Boss or maybe a Kenneth Cole or a Nautica. If you're a diehard designer fanatic looking for his first niche, then Bergamotto may be a good entry point, but it's not really for me.
06th March, 2014

Add your review of Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria

Shop for Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria

There are no member images of Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria