Balenciaga Paris (2010)

Year of Launch2010

PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Balenciaga Paris

Balenciaga Paris is a feminine perfume by Balenciaga. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

Balenciaga Paris fragrance notes

Reviews of Balenciaga Paris

A contagious beauty that is free and graceful. BALENCIAGA PARIS is a contemporary vision,a different dream for the mademoiselle who seeks to grace herself with a fragrance that is an powdery,elegant,ethereal other words:Clean,Refreshing,Modern,Floral, Charming,Delightful,Sophisticated,Adorable,Well Balanced and Gorgeous.

This fresh chypre captivates with a subtle association between violet,violet leaf,carnation. mixing delicately with the deoth of patchoiuli and cedar,it evokes refinement and timeless taste and makes a pure elixir that is more delicate than the breath of a kiss.i love the dry down.a great choice for everyday use in springtime for a chic Parisian lady.

Longevity?About 5 hours on my skin.

15th July, 2015
On the plus side, I like "old lady" fragrances
This one smells like a throwback from the past for sure
Very dressing room, very powdery, very we're- going- out- on- the- town tonight
Plus I absolutely love violet and chypre scents.
These scents are only second to my first love gardenia.

Now the bad news: it's very cold and synthetic
It does not warm up on my skin like other violet scents do-violetta di parma, for instance
Even Agustin Reyes' royal violets has more complexity and warmth.
I wish for a little more depth, a little more musky notes, or even a dash of real patchouli I think would help.

Overall not terrible but there are better violet frags out there.

I recently layered this with Jovan's White Musk. I find that adds precisely what I am looking for.
18th March, 2015 (last edited: 25th March, 2015)
I am new to this and just learning how to discern notes.What I can say is that I have received more compliments about this perfume than I can count. I love Chanel 22 and have worn it consistently, but was looking for something a little more playful for summer...I think I found it.
28th June, 2014
A bland water scent, whose only quality is that it is a bit less offensive than its stepchild, Paris L'Essence, which is made horrendous by the pronounced skanky vetiver base. That same base is here, but way in the background, leaving me with the impression that Paris is just a non-scent. The dry down is reminiscent of an empty plastic swimming pool out in the sun too long.

Balenciaga closed his shops in 1968 and died in 1972, so those scents which bear his name, such as this one, dating from beyond 1972/1973, may be considered unworthy of his name. There are only 7 classics, the remainder of the 25 scents bearing his name range from okay to awful.

Beware - check the dates and buy with caution, always sampling first.
18th November, 2013
rbaker Show all reviews
Violet and wood

The violet opening note is pleasant and what I like most in this scent; it's restrained floral character. With a very mild peppery sidekick. On me the drydown offers nothing but a fairly and wood note. Poor silage and projection with, however, an all right longevity of three hours. Unobtrusive.

04th October, 2013
Vaguely violet-like and floral with sweet powdery undertones. Seems pretty quiet but projection is surprisingly good - my wife could smell it through the spicy fumes of a simmering pot of curry! The scent itself is pleasant enough to wear at least for 3-4 hours before its bare bones start to show. A pity really as Balenciaga PARIS has a good concept and the execution masterful. Unfortunately it is let down by inferior quality ingredients. It is so frustrating when you know this could have been amazing!

In a cynical world where friendship seldom goes deeper than Facebook trolling, superficial floral chypres done on the cheap are probably what many of us deserve. Nobody listens to vinyl anymore, not when they've been raised on anemic diets of digitally compressed music. Balenciaga Paris is no different - just another soulless low fidelity fragrance marketed to the gullible masses. 'Superficiality' is IN.

Wish I'd never taken the red pill...
20th March, 2013