Amber (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseDemeter Fragrance Library
Parent CompanyFreedom Marketing Group

About Amber

Amber is a shared / unisex perfume by Demeter Fragrance Library. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Amber

kankri Show all reviews
I got a 1 oz spray of this as a free gift for ordering more than $25 of stuff from the Demeter website.

Like rubegon says, the site's description claims it smells like ambergris. I'm not sure what ambergris actually smells like, but I'm pretty sure this doesn't.

Instead, it's actually a simple, straightforward, resinous amber with a hint of vanilla. Sweet and underwhelming, nothing special. It'd work out nicely as a safe, comfortable scent, and it doesn't change at all. Like pretty much all of Demeter's stuff, it doesn't last very long, though I find it lasts longer than their average, maybe an hour or two on skin. Projection-wise, someone might be able to smell you if they're close to you. I wouldn't buy it myself, but I don't really care for it one way or the other.
04th January, 2013
I got this because the description on the Demeter web site led me to believe that it smelled like ambergris. I imagined that they had done a headspace analysis of real whale puke and reproduced it perfectly.

Not so much. But then, what do you expect for a $20 4 oz. bottle of cologne spray?

Well, what you should expect is a very straightforward sweet amber in the organic-food-store/headshop mold. Lasts about an hour or so on skin. Nothing amazing, but given the price/ml, its a good value. Might be good as a bedtime scent, for scenting linens maybe, or anytime you want something sweet and simple that won't linger for hours.

16th November, 2011

Add your review of Amber

Shop for Amber products online

Shop for Amber at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Amber

Member images of Amber

There are no member images of Amber yet. Why not be the first?