Les Heures de Parfum - XII L'Heure Mystérieuse (2009)
by Cartier

Les Heures de Parfum - XII L'Heure Mystérieuse information

Year of Launch2009

HouseCartier
PerfumerMathilde Laurent

About Les Heures de Parfum - XII L'Heure Mystérieuse

Les Heures de Parfum - XII L'Heure Mystérieuse is a shared / unisex perfume by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mathilde Laurent

Les Heures de Parfum - XII L'Heure Mystérieuse fragrance notes

Reviews of Les Heures de Parfum - XII L'Heure Mystérieuse

I'm usually into perfumes that try especially extra to be different, but I'm not really liking XII. I would never have guessed jasmine and incense without reading the other reviews - to me this mostly smells like dry cement powder, but candied and sweet. It's also kind of musky, in that old-school plasticky musk way, and there's also a dirty hamster cage cedar note hovering over the musky candied cement.

In a way, it all melts together to smell like that really fake chocolate note you smell in really bad beauty products, but plasticky and off.

As much as I want to appreciate this just for being weird, I honestly don't like it. The pieces don't seem to fit together, resulting in a gross clash of mineral, animal, wood, and candy that doesn't work for me at all.
22nd May, 2019
Mysterious and bewitching, Cartier L’Heure Mysterieuse is the highlight of my day out sniffing a storm. This cauldron cooked concoction smells deliciously and devilishly beguiling to my innocent nose. I am at once reminded of Grossmith for its vintage feel. A potent and fully loaded atmospheric fragrance style gluing the nose to skin for long city blocks on end. I want!
09th May, 2019
Almost sugary, a resinous sweet opening. Jasmine seems drowned out, as I usually notice her with no delay... More resin, femme incense, a balsamic feel. This one is hypnotic. I get a distant flower. I smell a honey accord. Mysterieuse begins to feel powdery for me after awhile. Alas, I am hooked. It's a beautiful oriental!

It becomes slightly earthy, less sugary, a bit more jasmine unfolds later. This isn't a long-timer. It fades from my skin in about 4 hours.
18th January, 2019
Spicy, aromatic, resinous floral fragrance is L'Heure Mysterieuse by Cartier, another pleasant outing from the haute parfumerie "Les Heures de Parfum" collection.

Jasmine combines well with the incense, spicy coriander and nutmeg, and the resinous frankincense and elemi gum. The patchouli doesn't overtake any of the other notes, adding its lovely mentholated accord to the mix.

The result is a really rich, dense experience that inspires me with confidence! Excellent fragrance for men or women, and a masterpiece overall. :-)
03rd December, 2018
This is a wonderful yet simple fragrace that completely complements...my husband's skin. On him, it's smoky like a campfire with just enough resin and jasmine to prevent a headache. On me, it opens with an enjoyable blend of patchouli and coriander and then quickly (within two minutes) collapses into a faint resin. Just resin.

However, I layered this with another fragrance from this line that was even more disappointing on me: X - L'Heure Folles. The two combine beautifully and bring out the best in each other, though I'd never buy a full bottle of either.
21st May, 2018
Ever heard of an old wives tale? That whenever you smell jasmine or incense at midnight, it means a vampire is out and about? Well I've never heard of it either. But I suspect a Basenoter with insomnia must be sampling something like Cartier's L'HEURE MYSTERIEUSE - a refined highly polished blend of resins, cool spices and fresh cut jasmines. It projects into an airy, lightly spiced floral incense with warmer undertones closer to skin. Pretty amazing stuff. I suppose if you smell this good, even vampires may have a hard time resisting.
28th November, 2012

End Date: Saturday Mar-21-2020 6:35:53 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $18.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Les Heures de Parfum - XII L'Heure Mystérieuse

There are no member images of Les Heures de Parfum - XII L'Heure Mystérieuse yet. Why not be the first?