Guerlain Homme Intense (2009)
by Guerlain

Guerlain Homme Intense information

Year of Launch2009

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Guerlain Homme Intense

Guerlain Homme Intense is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Reviews of Guerlain Homme Intense

Hmm, Intense? I cannot smell it much on me, though my co-worker says it is quite powerful and pleasant. Must be some of the ingredients that appeal more to certain noses. It is certainly pleasant, starting 'fresh' and develops into something more 'woody'. But rather generic to my nose although it is a Guerlain. In the end, it is difficult to assess since my experience is different from my friend's.
20th July, 2015
Fresh, conservative and elegant.

Guerlain Homme Intense initially seems generic, and I was going to dismiss it as a typical designer fragrance, but then the genius of creating something mainstream but of quality shows through. Not everyone wants to smell like an Arabian prince, melting plastic, a Catholic priest, a leather sofa or a pair of used gigolo's underwear!

To me it has a really nice opening Caipirinha (rather than Mojito) vibe, with dominant lime, rum and brown sugar notes, which then moves into something more aromatic, like a modern fougere (but please excuse me if this is a completely inaccurate use of the term). Here more herbs and florals emerge with the mint emerging from beneath the lime, blending with what must be the geranium and perhaps subtle lavender. It then moves smoothly to a nice green vetiver and woody cedar base with a hint of sweetness.

Again, I'm sure many experts would disagree with me, but I think this would be a good (more modern and wearable) replacement for Rive Gauche. To be honest, I'm not sure I'll buy another bottle of this as I don't need 'safe' fragrances, but I'll definitely enjoy it while I've got it. Thumbs up!
08th July, 2015
Salutation.

When i was in the perfumery for test this one i saw one lady who was disheveled after test a lot of male fragrances but when she tried it immediate scream:WOW this is my favorite for my lover. Great product and great texture.in my mind most intense fragrances are double better than original version and this one is really better than GURLAIN HOMME too.

GUERLAIN HOMME INTENSE is one of those fragrances that announces your arrival before you even enter the room!top notes of mint and rhubarb fade into a warm heart of floral notes and rum and the base includes a unique blend of vetiver,patchouli and cedar.drydown it has a woodsy feel which is great and amazing.

Powerful,Woody,Charismatic,Classy, Artistic and long lasting.in fact it has more charisma and oomph than original version.This EDP is a perfect fragrance for OFFICE,because it makes you feel competent and strong.it is great for AUTUMN weather and one of the best in the last years from GUERLAIN this great perfume house.

Sillage?Excellent

Longevity?About 12 hours on my skin.

13th June, 2015
Guerlain Homme Intense is one of those scents which seem deceptively “generic”, while instead scream quality and class like a very few others. All is quality for me here: the materials, the composition, the evolution. Still keeping it incredibly versatile and crowdpleasing. You can enjoy a crisp office scent without caring about its subtle superb quality, or you can dive into it and amaze yourself with Guerlain’s heritage on display – because, yes, Guerlain Homme Intense still belongs to “the great Guerlain’s” (unlike, for instance, L’Homme Idéale). Citrus, bergamot, bracing mint and its floral counterpart – geranium, other floral notes, bitter grass, a crunchy rhubharb note, a drop of rhum, sharp cozy woods. Dozens of mainstream green-woody perfumes feature these same notes, but what once was “the Guerlain treatment” brings them all up to another level here. Which is the realm of pure understated elegance. You just have to smell this to get what I mean. It’s a matter of radiance, richness, a perfect balance of realisticness, deepness and “polished” cleanliness. Then, all nuances are just so deep and sparkling, morphing and evolving under your nose, in a subtle but totally perceivable way.

Homme Intense starts with a bracing, invigorating and fresh slap of citrus, mint and grassy notes, then slowly revealing a warmer heart of rhum, geranium, pepper and woods, slowly drifting to an incredibly refined drydown which features a throwback in time – a really old-school, top notch quality smoky-salty vetiver note. Which is dry and woody, but perfectly enriched by rhum and made greener by a nondescript sort of bracing grassy-floral accord. All – I mean, all! – of these notes, try to imagine them in the best quality and crispness possible, blended together in a bright, cozy blend fitting you like a bespoke suit. Pure delight. The texture is clean and transparent, mostly green-woody with a slightly more unusual palette of nuances – rhum, rhubarb, a slight earthy-vegetable feel reminding me of good old Coriolan... Everything is perfectly safe and classic, even slightly formal, yet perfectly contemporary, as an everyday fragrance for “the modern elegant men” is meant to be. Fresh and sensual. This is my idea of modern luxury in a bottle; high quality and discreet elegance – and don’t have me started speaking about quality versus price, ‘cause the price of Guerlain Homme Intense makes any other self-claimed “luxury” scent look more ridicoulous than they already are. The only flaw of this fragrance is that maybe it is... a tad really too “apparently-generic” to be appreciated as it deserves. If I was more presumptuous I would rate this “for connoisseurs only”, but – aside from being uselessly pretentious – that wouldn’t do justice to the versatility and the positive “crowdpleasing” nature of this fragrance. Just, don’t underrate this.

8-8,5/10
18th April, 2015 (last edited: 01st June, 2015)
At first it's like anise and chocolate in the Dior Homme style but stronger. There are florals in it and it has less of that lipstick aura but it's still there. I can tell I'm not one for this Dior style because it's become a fad to smell like this which is closer to cocoa than rum. Fairly boring considering the amazing choices out there.
25th December, 2014
I liked it more in the store than when I got it home, which is often the way things seem to go when you make an on-the-spot decision to own something that you didn't go into the store looking to buy, but that aside, this fragrance is just not interesting to me. Every couple of months I will give it a try in the hopes that somehow, Time will have worked some magic on the juice, but each time, I shake my head and wish I hadn't been so impulsive. It is not bad, but it is boring, and not something you would expect from the House of Guerlain.
24th December, 2013

Add your review of Guerlain Homme Intense

Shop for Guerlain Homme Intense products online

Shop for Guerlain Homme Intense at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Guerlain Homme Intense

Member images of Guerlain Homme Intense

There are no member images of Guerlain Homme Intense yet. Why not be the first?