Guerlain Homme Intense (2009)
by Guerlain

Guerlain Homme Intense information

Year of Launch2009

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerThierry Wasser
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Guerlain Homme Intense

Guerlain Homme Intense is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Guerlain Homme Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Guerlain Homme Intense

So, EDP you say? Guerlain you say? Such a weak and generic fragrance. Sure it has this echo of Guerlain elegance, but not enough to meet the price and the expectations that bottle gives.

Woody and just slightly boozy, basement sort of damp and dark.

Shame. It could have been an amazing fragrance if not a masterpiece.

Originality: 5/10
Scent: 4/10
Longevity: 6/10
Projection: 4/10
_________________
19/40 = 47,5%
21st May, 2017
There are bottles of fragrance in my collection that i just find myself taking the lid off and smelling. Along with Eau Sauvage, this is one of them. An absolute masterpiece and my favourite. The lovely preppy mint opening, the sweet rhubarb drydown with the fun and light boozy rum notes...it is a delight.
I've never receiveda compliment wearing it and I quite frankly don't care. I love it and it is turning into my daily wearer during autumn and spring. It is perfect for the office and sits nicely under the radar but signals that you are a man who quietly has to be reckoned with. As it is an Eau parfum its longevity is good ie a solid 6 hours. Youll need to spray alot because the sprayer on the Homme line of fragrances is miserly. Guerlains notoriously have suspect longevity and this is adequate for a work day but totally vanishes right on the 6 hour mark on my skin. I have no idea why this fragrance isn't heralded more or lauded by youtube reviewers. Buts that is fine. Its our little secret

01st December, 2016
This one basically smells like the drydown of Guerlain Homme, but a little deeper and richer.

The Rum, Patchouli and Flower notes are amped up in this one, which enhances the bitter almond effect I already enjoyed in Guerlain Homme.

Guerlain Homme Intense gets a slightly postive rating, because it has more character and deepness compared to the standard version.

It's still very tame and conservative, though.
17th September, 2015
My favorite in the line after Guerlain Homme L'Eau, this Parfum is more viscous and substantial than any other version of Guerlain Homme. It opens with an almost-oily combination of mint and rum which smells very fresh and natural and surprisingly smooth. With Homme and Homme L'Eau there is a bit of a synthetic edge to the fragrance, but I don't find that the case with Homme Intense. The rhubarb note in effect creates a darker backdrop--a solid heart accord merging freshness with lower, fruity tones serving as a bridge to the rum and mint. The rum is unapologetic and immediately apparent when the perfume is applied, but it never dominates or gets out of control, so I wouldn't say this is a "boozy" fragrance first and foremost, though it has a boozy element. Finally, Homme Intense without a doubt has the best dry down of the entire series. While most in the Homme line sort of vanishes into a clean, though ethereal white musk, or Boisee into its solid and crisp vetiver (which is very good), Intense becomes warm and rich in the base, with deep wood notes blending with an amber-like accord, providing a kind of oriental finish to this fresh, aromatic scent. Think Guerlain Homme but darker, richer and more luxurious, and longer lasting with greater complexity. The rhubarb note accented by florals creates a deep, aromatic quality, while the mint breathes freshness in the top, and the rum creates something of a viscous sheen throughout. As the dark woody notes emerge and pair with amber, the fragrance comes to a satisfying and appropriate conclusion.

Projection is on the stronger side of moderate and longevity is between 8 and 10 hours. Feel ranges from casual to semi-formal and seems appropriate for almost any situation or age.

Thumbs up and now available for a very reasonable price. Recommended.

It's also worth noting that the Guerlain Homme line is quickly becoming extinct. Already Homme L'Eau and the original, Homme, have been discontinued. If you enjoy Intense, it may be wise to pick up a bottle while you can.
12th September, 2015
Hmm, Intense? I cannot smell it much on me, though my co-worker says it is quite powerful and pleasant. Must be some of the ingredients that appeal more to certain noses. It is certainly pleasant, starting 'fresh' and develops into something more 'woody'. But rather generic to my nose although it is a Guerlain. In the end, it is difficult to assess since my experience is different from my friend's.
20th July, 2015
Fresh, conservative and elegant.

Guerlain Homme Intense initially seems generic, and I was going to dismiss it as a typical designer fragrance, but then the genius of creating something mainstream but of quality shows through. Not everyone wants to smell like an Arabian prince, melting plastic, a Catholic priest, a leather sofa or a pair of used gigolo's underwear!

To me it has a really nice opening Caipirinha (rather than Mojito) vibe, with dominant lime, rum and brown sugar notes, which then moves into something more aromatic, like a modern fougere (but please excuse me if this is a completely inaccurate use of the term). Here more herbs and florals emerge with the mint emerging from beneath the lime, blending with what must be the geranium and perhaps subtle lavender. It then moves smoothly to a nice green vetiver and woody cedar base with a hint of sweetness.

Again, I'm sure many experts would disagree with me, but I think this would be a good (more modern and wearable) replacement for Rive Gauche. To be honest, I'm not sure I'll buy another bottle of this as I don't need 'safe' fragrances, but I'll definitely enjoy it while I've got it. Thumbs up!
08th July, 2015