Silent Grove (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseD.S. & Durga
PerfumerDavid Moltz

About Silent Grove

Silent Grove is a feminine perfume by D.S. & Durga. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer David Moltz

Silent Grove fragrance notes

Reviews of Silent Grove

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening blast is fresh and summery, fairly bright but is not one of these ultra-fresh citrus scents like Eau d' Orange Verte from Hermès, Monsieur Balmain or Creed's Bois de Cédrat. The citrus is mainly lemon, but there is some petitgrain in the background. A woodsy component with a slightly minty undertone accompanies the citrus in top notes.

The drydown loses this freshness gradually, and a light note odd white tea, linden and a with floral undertone dominate the later stages. The base is the most nondescript part, but even then the white musky impression in the base is quite acceptable.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

A discrete summery composition, this fragrance Is very pleasant and the quality of the mainly natural ingredients is convincing. It is a bit discrete and not very loud, so a great office scent that has a few creative touches too. 3/5.
23rd June, 2016
I wasn't even aware this was listed as a feminine fragrance. I've been wearing it all day and it seems very much like it could be worn by a man or a woman to me. The opening seemed completely lime and smelled a lot like West Indian Lime Cologne by Crabtree and Evelyn. I'm assuming the tea and linden notes are the other elements I'm smelling in the dry down. This is overall a pleasant fragrance, but not one I'd invest the money in for a bottle. As mentioned, it is pricey, and there are other less expensive frags that pull off a similar performance. Longevity wasn't that great, nor was sillage. I had to reapply a couple of times, so I'm wavering between a thumbs up and a neutral rating. I'll go with thumbs up because I did enjoy the scent while it lasted.
16th April, 2016
D.S. & Durga's Silent Grove is surely the greenest offering of theirs that I've tried, and it certainly hits on the notes of cedar, tea, and grass. It has a minty quality to it, as well, perhaps due to the sharpness of the grass, or the lime blossom, with which I am unfamiliar.

While described as a feminine perfume, Silent Grove is unisex enough to work for men, and probably has all-season versatility as well. Longevity and projection are decent, but I again find the D.S. & Durga price tag a bit much, even though their fragrances consistently smell natural.

6 out of 10
27th July, 2015
Slight thumbs up for this. Pleasant, somewhat green, a bit sweet but not oppressive. The tea note and the linden notes are well done. As the scent develops and the wood becomes a bit more prominent, I also get a faint smoky note. A guy could wear this, easily.
21st December, 2014

Add your review of Silent Grove

Shop for Silent Grove products online

Search Amazon for Silent Grove

Member images of Silent Grove

There are no member images of Silent Grove yet. Why not be the first?