Siberian Snow (2008)

Year of Launch2008

HouseD.S. & Durga
PerfumerDavid Moltz

About Siberian Snow

Siberian Snow is a feminine perfume by D.S. & Durga. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer David Moltz

Siberian Snow fragrance notes

Reviews of Siberian Snow

Siberian Snow is mainly a woody all-season fragrance with some floral elements. Testing it out in the summer definitely leads me to believe that this could be comfortably worn in the summer but still be truer to a winter selection.

The mint and patchouli come off to me like pine and resin, but the prominence of these notes suggests a cold weather fragrance to me, especially the mint, which I do not associate with summer.

Decent on projection and longevity, Siberian Snow marks the last of a sample pack of D.S. & Durga from Luckyscent, and I'm left with a similar impression to most---namely, that it's another scent that's intriguing and smells very natural but simply may not be worth the price tag (they're all $125 or $145 for 50ml). The best in the line was one of the strongest, Bowmakers, so I may go back and try that, but like most, Siberian Snow is good but probably not good enough to consider buying.

6 out of 10
03rd August, 2015
For a while, the only place that carried DS & Durga in my town was in a store that cared little for presentation. Each time I visited, the place looked like closing time at WalMart with merchandise strewn all over haphazardly. This line was no exception, and you’d be hard pressed to find a bottle with a working sprayer to actually try them out. Needless to say, that store went under and I swore I’d return to DS & Durga at a later date, but my initial exposure to them was that they were a bit on the harsh side with some general balance issues. Anyhow, they’re now within reach again at a much better spot so I’m finally giving them the spin they deserve.

Unfortunately, Siberian Snow — a scent that got my interest from the description — was not the best choice to begin with. It’s ambroxan, patchouli, civet, something vaguely citric . . . and it’s terrible. It sits somewhere between the white musk powder of cashmeran and a fistful of civet replacer. It doesn’t change much and smells utterly sophomoric. There’s just not much more I can say about this one, but if you’re exploring the line for the first time, don’t make the mistake I made and sit this one out. Very bad.
03rd May, 2015
Well, it is marketed as a feminine scent and it professes to have powdery notes. Not snow powder, rather an intensely sweet perfume powder. That sweet note dominates through much of the early going. Eventually it burns off and I can detect some of the herbal and woody notes. In my opinion, nothing particularly note-worthy here.
21st December, 2014

Add your review of Siberian Snow

Shop for Siberian Snow products online

Shop for Siberian Snow at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Siberian Snow

Member images of Siberian Snow

There are no member images of Siberian Snow yet. Why not be the first?