Burning Barbershop
    by D.S. & Durga

Average Rating:

Burning Barbershop information

Burning Barbershop is a men's fragrance by D.S. & Durga.

Reviews of Burning Barbershop

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

MNSnowman's avatar

This is a very masculine scent and I limit it to day time use when I'm going to be running errands or working outside for part of the day. When first applied there's a very smoky scent and upon dry-down the smoke gentle s but remains the main attraction while below it lurks a faint memory of soap, barber talc and bay rum. It doesn't work for me at night nor in the office if I'm working at a desk for most of the day. Unlike the other reviewer, I find it lasts throughout the day

And I've never found anyone else who wears it -- not because it's unpleasant but because D.S. & Durga is less well known and not widely retailed (yet).

14 October, 2014

Vincents1278's avatar

This is an interesting fragrance at the least, though I can't tell if I'd actually want to wear it anywhere. I'm glad I ordered the sample because it's been fun to smell it and try to place the notes.

The top notes are definitely something minty and something burnt. Right away I placed the burnt odor as Lapsang Souchang tea which is a blended black smoky tea that is dried over pine fires.

As this all dries down it mellows out pretty quickly and becomes something more wearable. On my skin it leaves a slight burnt tea, vanilla sandalwood sort of smell (maybe patchouli). The website says lavender but I can't pick it out nor any other floral notes.

The only major downside is that, on my skin, it has no longevity and wears very close.

04 September, 2010