SJP NYC (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseSarah Jessica Parker
PerfumerHonorine Blanc

About SJP NYC

SJP NYC is a feminine perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Honorine Blanc

SJP NYC fragrance notes

Reviews of SJP NYC

SJP NYC, what can I say? You are sickeningly sweet like so many fragrances on the market today.

I've likened this fragrance to Ralph Wild by Ralph Lauren and Showtime by Kylie Minogue. If those fragrances are your thing, go check this fragrance out and skip this review, if you dislike sweet, candy-like fragrances, keep reading.

Sarah Jessica Parker is said to be one of those celebrities that know their fragrances. Loving everything from Clean to Penhaligons and Comme Des Garcons, you'd assume this woman has style. Her first three offerings; Lovely, Covet and Covet Bloom, had proven her good taste. However from the Lovely Collection and onwards, I don't believe she has managed to have her say.

SJP NYC is sugary strawberry syrup drizzled over vanilla icecream. I have no clue why they called this fragrance New York City. I haven't been there of course, however I don't believe it smells like a candy store. DKNY for Women is a much more realistic interpretation of NYC's wet cement and smog.

This fragrance is something that I can enjoy on a blotter or from the bottle, however on the skin it disturbs me. I'm not old, I'm 20, and even still the scent is far too childish for me. I feel like I should be wearing a puffy pink dress with a big bow at the back and glittered butterflies in my hair.

On a positive note, SJP NYC lasts forever. The sillage is excellent too. It's a pity that this fragrance is so one-dimensional. Had this fragrance developed more, it may have had a chance with me. I also agree with the other reviewers here, the bottle design is indeed very tacky and cheap-looking.

15th August, 2011
I like this. The opening is lovely*, the low notes are warm, the midnotes are just okay. Over all it's really nice. The bottle is pretty garish, and if you are looking for a scent that is quirky like Carrie's fashion, you'll have to look elsewhere*.
The lady at the cologne counter warned me that a little of this goes a long way, and she was correct. I bought a set with the body wash (not very strong), lotion and small bottle of the toilette spray. I took a shower and used all 3 (just a small amount of the edt) and nearly knocked my fiance out. He says it smells great, but we need a bigger bathroom if I'm going to do that again.
By the time I went to bed, the scent had faded to where I wanted it to be: catch a whiff in a breeze and just in close contact. Layering made it last about 10 hours.
* OK, so I'm revising this just a bit after wearing it a few times... I stand by the "lovely" comment, but with a slight caveat: I don't know what causes it, but sometimes I catch a whiff of (wait for it...) COMET POWDERED CLEANSER! Just for a second... it doesn't linger long, but I happen to LOVE that aspect of the scent. That's why I 'asterisked' the 'quirky' statement. I think that is a very quirky feature of the scent & I LOVE it!
09th June, 2011 (last edited: 15th June, 2011)
I found a winner and that is rare because I'm quite picky. I really like to wear exotic notes, un-ordinary blends, especially sweeter notes that harmonize with a floral or two. I was intrigued the moment I sprayed my new bottle I purchased without sampling it. I spray it more then once twice a day. I don't have to spray it more then twice a day. For me it does have a lasting power of 3 -6 hours. I have been complimented on the scent. I don't like to wear heavy scents so it took a hug to be complimented which is a good thing. I own many fragrances but have been reaching for the SJPNYC more frequently. I think its suitable for anything. Daring to do so, and if you love sweet notes, eccentric mixtures and the scent of wild strawberries blowing in the wind.With a fresh bouquet of roses. It is what I get with the harmonizing mixture of base notes. The heart of it is a warm, honeysuckle, vanilla and rum. gardenia cools down the sweet manderin and wild strawberries.
02nd January, 2011 (last edited: 04th January, 2011)
I was extremely surprised by this perfume - and coming from SJP!!! I found it harshly sweet and not something I would expect coming from such a fashion forward celebrity. I was very disappointed. SJP, where's 'dirty'?? lol! <3
19th August, 2010
Sampled this recently and was very disappointed. It's not just that I would rather eat strawberries than wear them. NYC seems like a fragrance created for a child's pretend make up and perfume set. The world did not need another fruity tooty fragrance but this is probably going to sell well, as it is affordable. The bottle print does correspond with the scent, but I can't figure out how it relates to the great city of New York, which is done no justice at all by this. The bottle could have been inspired by Betsey Johnson's perfume; at least this one doesn't have a plastic filigree topper.
NO sale for me, but if you're looking for a potent strawberry scent, this may be your ticket.
24th May, 2010
Extremely sweet, quite tenacious, and it will no doubt sell well. I actually dislike the bottle design and colours greatly - it's very 'gaudy' !
Inoffensive, 'safe' release for SJP ! :)
09th May, 2010

Add your review of SJP NYC

Shop for SJP NYC products online

Shop for SJP NYC at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for SJP NYC

Member images of SJP NYC

There are no member images of SJP NYC yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to SJP NYC