A Scent by Issey Miyake Florale (2010)
by Issey Miyake

A Scent by Issey Miyake Florale information

Year of Launch2010
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseIssey Miyake
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About A Scent by Issey Miyake Florale

A Scent by Issey Miyake Florale is a feminine perfume by Issey Miyake. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of A Scent by Issey Miyake Florale

It's difficult knowing where to start when it comes to describing the way A Scent Florale makes me feel. Thankfully it doesn't repulse me like the original, acrid and green A Scent did, however this fragrance lacks something.

It's fresh, just like its predecessor, however it has lost all its greeness and become more 'pink' and soapy. I'm not really enjoying its girlish charm, and I think the trend of the 'pink' perfume is starting to bore me to tears.

It's very subtle on the skin, so much so that I don't see the point in wearing it. A friend of mine actually mistook this fragrance as the scent of my shampoo, so I can't say that it has a real 'perfumey' vibe. It's one of those pleasant, inoffensive type fragrances that aim to please those around you rather than yourself.

Honestly, the scent is not too bad, however when it comes to clean florals, I would much prefer to sniff a bar of jasmine and peony scented soap than spray it on myself. The idea of smelling clean is something that I personally cannot fathom. Clean fragrances leave me uninspired.

I must say that the lasting strength is pretty good, especially since Issey Miyake does attempt to state in big, bold writing that this is an EDP by stating it in the perfume's name. I find that on fabric A Scent Florale tends to radiate a lot stronger, however the skin does lap this stuff up, making it very quiet and subdued.

For the sake of creating a flanker that I can now stomach, since the original A Scent made me nauseous, I am glad that this was released. However, like I unfortunately expected, this was yet another bland and boring soapy floral for me.
20th April, 2012
Hello paeony! Hello lilac! Lilacs? yes definately lilac despite it not being listed as a note. Lily of the valley? Hmmm maybe, I get that note from the sample card but not from my skin. The jasmine only comes in a little later for me. Rather fresh and spring-like. So far, so good, but so what...This improves immensely after twenty minutes or so so when I'm really getting the ylang-ylang which turns the sex-dial up a notch (at least for me)

It's rather nice, but I don't really need another rather-nice floral, I would rather just go buy another . It's
a little like Chanel Allure eau de toilette, in fact it could be Allure's precocious younger cousin who constantly tries to copy everything Allure does but gets it ever so slightly wrong.

The drydown is unremarkably soft and powdery.

The more I think about this one, the more dissapointing I find it. I am an avid collector of Issey Miyake's clothing and only wish that a little more intellectual rigour had been applied to this fragrance. I would expect something more from one of the fashion worlds true innovators.
16th October, 2010

Add your review of A Scent by Issey Miyake Florale

Shop for A Scent by Issey Miyake Florale products online

Shop for A Scent by Issey Miyake Florale at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for A Scent by Issey Miyake Florale

Member images of A Scent by Issey Miyake Florale

There are no member images of A Scent by Issey Miyake Florale yet. Why not be the first?