Eau Duelle (2010)
    by Diptyque

Eau Duelle Fragrance Notes

Shop for Eau Duelle products online

Reviews of Eau Duelle

Showing 1 to 6 of 20 reviews.
    positive 16 Positive Reviewsneutral5 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Colin Maillard's avatar
    Colin Maillard

Surprisingly well balanced juniper and vanilla accord. Light, cozy and delicate, a bit sweet and almost fruity at the very start, but with a dry and somber drydown. I also smell the ambergris quite clearly, while I totally miss the saffron note here. Really close projection (on my skin, it's one of those fragrances I really have to inhale my whole wrist to smell) and moderate longevity.

7,5/10

30th January, 2014 (Last Edited: 05 April, 2014)

drmike's avatar
    drmike

juniper and vanilla

the opening notes are a sharp but pleasant juniper with and undernote of vanilla that gradually takes over form the juniper. Its all very well controlled not sweet or cloying. As it develops after 5 mins or so i get more of a spicy amber note coming through mixed with the vanilla. its very curious. and very nice to wear. after 15 min i get a slight herbal / woody touch very subtle and spicy tones seem to get stronger but i still smell the juniper lingering which gives a slight almost silver fir hint. very nice indeed. and quite refreshing.

Well That that been a thoroughly pleasant 20 min olfactory trip for me just now. sorry i didn't write more I was to busy enjoying the smell.

Its quite unisex in my opinion and not at all overpowering .

Pros: realy smooth vanilla not sweet or overpowering
    Cons: you have to like vanilla"

19 September, 2013

Card Board's avatar
    Card Board
    Germany Germany

The opening contains a realistic note of juniper, grounded already in vanilla. Other spices develop to provide a warm, calm midrange, filling in the space between. As the opening transitions, there is a span in which this smells like lemon cream pie; it is odd but lovely. In the middle phase, this is more towards spicy vanilla, but with the juniper added, the spice accord is somewhat more unique, and not really what comes to mind when you think of “spices.” I find the vanilla, while prominent, to be a more subdued take on the theme, more towards the bean than the extract (that is, not overly sweet) making nearly moot any comparisons between this and the big vanilla scents. Eau Duelle is simply different in intent and effect. Although, if you can’t take vanilla in any form, avoid this. I don’t typically go for vanilla-based perfumes, but this I love. Fresh, slightly sweet, and comforting. Perfect winter scent.

30th April, 2013

outline's avatar
    outline

Reminded me of Tahaa island in French Polynesia. Surprisingly good.

02 April, 2013

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Vanilla, vanilla is the name if the game here. A bit of berry initially, and a bit of amber towards the end, but above all a clean, not-too-sweet and balanced vanilla scent that in spite of its sweetness is not heavy.

10th February, 2013

starshipvelcro's avatar
    starshipvelcro

I've been spoiled. Ever since I started out with Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille nothing matches it. I can't ever give Eau Duelle a fair review.

The thing is I found it perfectly fine, but that's not enough. Vanilla is one of those tricky notes to me. Since it's used so widely it needs to be something special, especially if it's the main attraction. That's were I had a problem with this. It's very well done, it's comforting, cozy, warm, everything it should be...but I haven't found it to stand out on it's own.

Like I said, SDV spoiled me. I'm not searching for vanilla anymore. This does it's job, it's just not the one for me.

13 November, 2012