Vetyverio (2010)
    by Diptyque

Vetyverio Fragrance Notes

Shop for Vetyverio products online

Reviews of Vetyverio

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

ScentFan's avatar
    ScentFan

(Floral, Woody Musk, F) Vetiver, I'm assuming. Ah, this green is very nice. The base is still quite dense, but the airy greenness flies above it. There's probably citrus. Looking it up: "notes of mandarin, grapefruit, lemon and bergamot, followed by the floral bouquet of ylang-ylang, rose and geranium and spices such as carrot seed, nutmeg and clove. The base is composed of dry cedar, vetiver and musk." Yes, I detect the flower now. With me, my nose is disabled by very strong elements like cedar and clove, unless in just the right amounts and with the perfect counterbalancing ingredients. (This says nothing about other people's noses, of course.)

22 December, 2013

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Somewhere there is V

Initially where this scent was to be named 'Apricot', for that's what I get. A not of grapefruit, ylang-ylang and a floral geranium with a touch of rose finally leads to some vetiver rearing its head. Nonetheless, the clove note is more dominant on my skin, yet vetiver shines through occasionally. In the base a creamy cedar is added, conjuring up Tam Dao memories. This scent has the Diptyque soft, restrained, smooth and well blended elegance that many scent of this house are well-known for. Adequate silage and projection, with three hours of longevity. Nice in spring.

26 October, 2013

foetidus

A peach of a scent.

Seems peachy to me – not my favorite note. The peach note ("powered peach" is listed in the pyramid as a note) is supported… augmented… by the citrus, ylang ylang, and the geranium accord: the combination smells quite abstract… peachy. It well done, and I would consider it an excellent accord if their were not so mych peach dominance. Don’t get me wrong… the peach note is not "potent"; it’s quite delicate, but overwhelms the other notes in the accord... to my nose - very likely my aberration. There’s spice lightly in the background, and I’m pretty much missing the rose. The vetiver is there, too, but it plays a very subordinate role to the peachy dominance. Because of the dominant peach, yang, and geranium, I have a difficult time thinking of Vetyverio as a vetiver fragrance. It comes to me as a light, delicate peach fragrance with a soft spice background that turns powdery and then disappears. Sillage is soft and longevity is quite poor on my skin.

Pros: Subtly done translucent peachy / floral.
    Cons: Weak sillage and longevity."

19 August, 2013

wormstir's avatar
    wormstir

I give this a 'only just' thumbs up because this scent has a major issue with longevity or any form of projection whatsoever.

HOWEVER it smells absolutely magical, and is a very different take on the usual grubbier vetiver smells so beloved on Basenotes. It is definately a unisex smell, bordering on feminine but the right man can totally rock this and get plenty of appreciation!

If you after another Guerlain Vetiver you will be disappointed. This one is flowery and fruity. A sophisticated and mysterious scent, and great for summer - unfortunate that it doesn't last, especially as it not particularly cheap

30th April, 2013

farang's avatar
    farang
    Thailand Thailand

A friend was wearing this and I had to find out right away what it was. It smelled great on her, a mature woman, but it can just as well be used as a masculine scent.

A fruity, flowery vetiver fits me perfectly. I don't care much for the ultra dry vetiver such as Fredric Malle's.

I recommend to spray sufficiently - then it will provide an aura of wonderful mystique, at least here in the tropics.

12 November, 2012

Oh_Hedgehog's avatar
    Oh_Hedgehog

Diptyque fragrances tend either to be strange (Virgilio, Opôné, Oyédo) or pretty (Do Son, Eau de Lierre, Ofrésia). My preference is undoubtedly for the former, but the fruity-floral Vetyverio leans towards the latter and falls quite flat. In particular there are some jammy, almost tropical notes (apricot?) that feel out of place here. I'm not sure if conspicuous florals within a vetiver-dominated fragrance is ever a good idea, but Guerlain does a better job of it than Diptyque with Vetiver pour Elle.

22 August, 2012