Vetyverio (2010)

HouseDiptyque
PerfumerFabrice Pellegrin
Parent CompanyManzanita

About Vetyverio

Vetyverio is a shared / unisex perfume by Diptyque. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Fabrice Pellegrin

Vetyverio fragrance notes

Reviews of Vetyverio

Nice! Starts out as a citrus style vetiver. The peach and carrot seems to kick in a few minutes later. The greeness kicks in during the midnotes and the drydown gives you a green and light musk combo. Not an earthy vetiver, so most people will enjoy this one. Unisex, but I think the ladies will enjoy it more. Summer gem. Longevity could be better though. Diptyque should stop messing around and make all their fragrances EDP.
22nd April, 2015
I am not much for writing reviews, as I consider myself a novice. But I just sampled Diptyque Vetyverio and I am very impressed. I love Vetivers and normally enjoy an "in your face" dose of it. This vetiver is delicate and refined. I get the citrus right away, but the vetiver itself lightly wafts through it all. I get a bit of smoke or perhaps it is the salt that other reviews have mentioned. I can't stop sniffing my wrist- always a good sign!

This is the perfect vetiver for a woman who doesn't her fragrance to shout. Silliage is average. I cannot comment on longevity because no fragrance lasts very long on me.
14th August, 2014
Genre: Woods

Diptyque sets its vetiver in a mild, gently contoured green floral context that’s at once more delicate and more ambiguous in gender than most traditional vetiver scents. It offers none of the smoky incense that comes with Chanel’s Sycomore of Lalique’s Encre Noire, nor any of the fierce, rooty, medicinal edge you’d get from the old Route du Vétiver or Etro’s Vetiver. There is some warm earthiness to the vetiver note, plus a hint of the odd saline quality attached to vetiver in Diptyque’s own defunct Virgilio, The Different Company’s Sel de Vetiver, Heeley’s Sel Marin, and Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel. The only other vetiver compositions I’ve worn that set the headline ingredient alongside such conspicuously floral accords are Guerlain’s Vetiver pour Elle and Mazzolari Vetyver. Vetyverio seems a bit shyer than either, but it’s not without character.

Vetyverio opens on a very juicy, realistic lemon note that’s seasoned with just a touch of fresh herbs. The herbaceous content is enough to keep the top notes from smelling like furniture polish for their brief duration, after which vetiver and green floral notes come to the fore. Hewing very closely to the vetiver is an equally potent carrot seed note, which contributes to both the scent’s earthy and saline qualities. A mild and commendably natural nutmeg note adds a welcome degree of complexity, accentuating as it does the nutty aspect inherent in Diptyque’s vetiver. As so often the case with Diptyque compositions, the scent holds a relatively linear course once its fundamental shape solidifies.

Vetyverio displays the odd trait, observed by many in Amouage’s Dia for Men, of seeming to disappear an hour or so after application, only to return intermittently, at full force and at random intervals, for hours after. I attribute this phenomenon to olfactory habituation, and I suspect it will vary from wearer to wearer. The drydown, once it does set in, consists of the vetiver and carrot seed pairing in the company of warm, but only faintly animalic musk – an arrangement that comes close to ambrette seed in profile. On the whole I consider Vetyverio a worthwhile addition to the Diptyque line. While it’s hardly a bold fragrance, it is a distinctive, attractive, and extremely versatile take on a familiar ingredient, with the added bonus of unisex quality in a genre often ceded solely to men.
07th July, 2014 (last edited: 08th July, 2014)
Wow! I thought I had found the vetiver of ALL vetivers in Creed and Guerlain but I was wrong. Vetyverio by Diptyque is now my new favorite vetiver. In the initial spray I get lots of vetiver and the dry down I smell vetiver with some citrus. It is smooth and not over powering. Perfect for the office or daytime wear. I get compliments when I wear this magical fragrance.
04th June, 2014
(Floral, Woody Musk, F) Vetiver, I'm assuming. Ah, this green is very nice. The base is still quite dense, but the airy greenness flies above it. There's probably citrus. Looking it up: "notes of mandarin, grapefruit, lemon and bergamot, followed by the floral bouquet of ylang-ylang, rose and geranium and spices such as carrot seed, nutmeg and clove. The base is composed of dry cedar, vetiver and musk." Yes, I detect the flower now. With me, my nose is disabled by very strong elements like cedar and clove, unless in just the right amounts and with the perfect counterbalancing ingredients. (This says nothing about other people's noses, of course.)
22nd December, 2013
Somewhere there is V

Initially where this scent was to be named 'Apricot', for that's what I get. A not of grapefruit, ylang-ylang and a floral geranium with a touch of rose finally leads to some vetiver rearing its head. Nonetheless, the clove note is more dominant on my skin, yet vetiver shines through occasionally. In the base a creamy cedar is added, conjuring up Tam Dao memories. This scent has the Diptyque soft, restrained, smooth and well blended elegance that many scent of this house are well-known for. Adequate silage and projection, with three hours of longevity. Nice in spring.

26th October, 2013

Add your review of Vetyverio

Shop for Vetyverio products online

Shop for Vetyverio at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Vetyverio

Member images of Vetyverio

There are no member images of Vetyverio yet. Why not be the first?