Art Collection #08 (2010)
    by Jacomo

Art Collection #08 Fragrance Notes

Shop for Art Collection #08 products online

Reviews of Art Collection #08

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

rickbr's avatar
    rickbr
    Brazil Brazil

Trying Jacomo #08 today, and honestly i expected more from it. What i get seems more a mixture of inspirations than something at its own. The idea is not bad, a spicy, fresh, slightly milky tea aroma, but it`s not so original. It reminds me some aspects of Declaration Cartier, Kenzo Jungle Homme and Tea For Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur. It opens with a cardamom-cumin like aroma that reminds me some aspects of Declaration (more of declaration essence i think). There is a certain spicy greeness of it that makes me think of Jungle Homme too. The dark tea and spices makes it distantly related to Tea For Two, but without the exotic aura of tea for two.
    I don`t like how the scent evolutes. It doesn`t sustain the idea, fading to a skinscent after a short period of 2 hours. What comes next is uninspiring, washed musky ambered accord that retains a hint of the milk aspect. It`s not what i expected from it, in my opinion both #9 and #2 are far better constructed.

07 September, 2011

NebraskaLovesScent's avatar
    NebraskaLovesScent

No. 8 turned out to be my favorite of the Art Collection series. It smells exactly like a spicy masala tea I drank in India (which is the drink we call "chai" in the U.S.)

I get none of the fruits or flowers. The tea, spices (ooh! lots of cardamom!) and plenty of milk and honey present an olfactory delight. I find some similarity between No. 8, L'Artisan's Tea for Two and Fendi Theorema. It is a gourmand, but not overpoweringly sweet. No. 8 gets a little more dry and woody as it goes, and lasts all day long. Nice one for the cooler weather.

15 October, 2010

CoL's avatar
    CoL

SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICY!!! Starts off like mulled wine or similar to Guerlains Winter Delice. Thankfully (for my nose) the comparison does'nt last long and the spices fade into the back ground allowing the milky fruits, honey and amber to come through making this a beutiful autumn/winter fragrance.

I have to give Jacomo credit for trying something a little different and I would it works! You do really have to give a good skin test before you buy!

13 October, 2010