Tubéreuse 2 La Virginale (2009)
by Histoires de Parfums

Tubéreuse 2 La Virginale information

Year of Launch2009

HouseHistoires de Parfums

About Tubéreuse 2 La Virginale

Tubéreuse 2 La Virginale is a feminine perfume by Histoires de Parfums. The scent was launched in 2009

Tubéreuse 2 La Virginale fragrance notes

Reviews of Tubéreuse 2 La Virginale

Slight fruit mixed with tuberose to start. Followed closely by a big jasmine note. There is a kind of rummy, tropical thing going on in the heart. It's like the tropics on an overcast, rainy day. And then, tuberose takes over in a large way again. A bit more earthy or greenish maybe.

This becomes more fragrant, sweeter, as it goes along. It's the patchouli, vanilla, and musk that seem to add an almost incense feel. Tropical meets far eastern countryside. The wood notes are subdued. The final phase of tuberose here seems buzzy or gritty. Sweet vanilla & tuberose stay long - stay for hours. A remarkable display of tuberose, this one.
04th January, 2019
If you are a Jasmine lover, this is for you! Reminds me a lot of Tom Ford's Jasmin Rouge. This is more potent IMO. I think the Iris makes this happen. A little musk and floral touch makes this one the ladies will enjoy. 7.5/10
04th November, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
Tuberose throughout again as the main core feature; well done this time with dark floral depth. Initially and orangey note comes with it, whilst the drydown emphasises the floral side even more in a traditional fashion: iris and jasmine. In the base is turns sweaty with the help of a tonka that is counterbalanced by woodsy notes, and a not-very-dark patchouli - the latter has a touch of sharpness to it, just a touch on my skin.

On my skin this is not overly exciting, but well made and contains some natural ingredients of a good quality, and the note come out quite authentically. Sillage is moderate, projection good, and I get a very decent longevity of six hours. Clearly floral with a sweetish coda, but balanced. 3/5.
31st March, 2015
I get a lovely, fresh tuberose devoid of its more sinister facets (the blood, rubber, etc. which by the way I love), and for a moment I feel thankful for a "virginal" tuberose where all others are maneaters... but this flower lasts about 30 seconds before a cloying, cherry-sweet frangipani takes over. I smell like I've bathed in a floral sugar syrup - something I'd love to add to my baking, not my person. Over-sweet and dense. My search for a nubile, transparent tuberose continues...
18th August, 2011
I am in love with this fragrance! Tuberose laced with black cherry pipe tobacco- a good unisex fragrance, in my opinion-
18th August, 2011
On my skin, the citrus note of mandarin fails to materialize while the bitter-sweetness of cherries is overwhelmed by the rather heady family of white florals. The tuberose does not stand out either. Instead, a sweet caramelized vanilla laced with earthy patchouli and cedar shine right through, resulting in a floral fragrance that feels decidedly tropical and feminine in character.

Nothing groundbreaking to report here considering the white floral-and-woods-layer-over-vanilla is a well-populated genre. In fact the whole composition is rather reminiscent of Kenzo’s FlowerByKenzo Essentialle, only less sweet.
01st October, 2010

Add your review of Tubéreuse 2 La Virginale

Shop for Tubéreuse 2 La Virginale products online

Member images of Tubéreuse 2 La Virginale

There are no member images of Tubéreuse 2 La Virginale yet. Why not be the first?