Bleu de Chanel (2010)

Year of Launch2010

PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Bleu de Chanel

Bleu de Chanel is a masculine fragrance by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

Reviews of Bleu de Chanel

Bleu de Chanel is one of those fragrances that is just hard to hate. It is one of my favorite fragrances because it is so versatile. You can wear this casually, you can wear this to work, you can wear it out at night... I can't think of a scenario where you couldn't wear this fragrance. It is a very safe purchase. This is also a good blind-grab fragrance when you wake up late and need to throw something on and get out the door in a hurry.

It opens up very citrusy with a prominent grapefruit smell. After about 20 minutes the incense becomes noticeable. There are a lot of fragrances with a scent similar to this, such as jimmy choo man and Perry Ellis Pour Homme, but I think Bleu de Chanel is the best one.

Sillage is pretty good. A lot of people point it out, and I haven't had any negative comments.

It doesn't last as long on my skin as I would like it to, but I usually bring a decant with me when I'm wearing it so I can reapply it as often as I want, so this isn't a big issue for me.

I give Bleu de Chanel a 9 out of 10. Only reason it doesn't get a 10 is is the longevity.
29th October, 2015
I received this from a trade here on the forums, and I consider it an excellent bargain.

I had no experience with the scent, and truly had no idea what to expect. I had not bothered to look up the notes, but as the bottle I traded it for wasn't working for me, I figured I'd take a chance and see if this would work for my beloved, and it does, thankfully.

The initial 15-20 minutes would have caused me to write this one off. I think my husband would have as well. The discussion we had provided opportunity for me to reinforce the concept of the dry-down, the phases of the top, middle and basenotes, and to get him to experience it for himself. Two hours or more later, my husband said "I don't know if you can still smell it, but what do you think?" - I had to laugh, because I could definitely still smell it, and it was really nice!

I told him I liked it and that I considered it "quite safe". He looked a bit confused, so I explained that this was the scent you wear when you are trying to not offend anyone, or if you are just wanting something that is easily a "people pleaser". He looked a little less confused.

I enjoyed the mint. It was unexpected and up-lifting. There is nothing magical or particularly amazing about this scent, but when I look at his ever-growing wardrobe (designed by me), I'm glad he has this new addition, as some of his others can be somewhat challenging, like his Slumberhouse (which I adore).

Chanel rarely does anything poorly, so it was with this - well done and glad to add it to the collection.
18th October, 2015
Opens up with grapefruit and dries down to a more sophisticated version of Alluure Homme Sport. Very good all around. The EDP is fantastic.
16th October, 2015
Opens up a little meh for me, after 30 minutes is when this really shines with ginger, incense & spicy combo.

After an hour the ginger & grape fruit slip back making way for woods dominated with a hint of freshness from top notes.

This is my favorite Chanel followed by Platinum Ego.
Do not like Allure line.

BDC is Masculine, Modern & classic at the same time.

19th September, 2015
a very clean, crisp and elegant fragrance, but with a very "generic" vibe.

on my skin it lasts a second, and has poor proyection.

i whas really excited about this one, but at the end i was a little disappointed.

it is a good smell, but it won't blow your mind!!

13th September, 2015
Bleu de Chanel is a versatile all-year fragrance that is well received & complimented by other individuals around me, especially women. If you are reading this review & don’t necessarily want a vast collection of fragrances in your wardrobe (if you’re really looking for just 1 or 2 fragrances you can wear any time & for any occassion), then I highly suggest this amazing scent. It starts off with this fresh, sweet, citrus grapefruit accompanied by a type of incense in the background. The incense enables this fragrance to become somewhat thick, full, and quite masculine. What’s amazing about this fragrance is that the citrus top notes linger for the entirety of the fragrance. I know that this is a woody aromatic, but something about the grapefruit & other citruses evokes a sort of aquatic vibe for me. It projects slightly above average for the first 1 to 2 hours on my skin. Then becomes more of a personal scent, but certainly still perceivable if others come in close contact with you. It lingers around like this for another 6 to 7 hours. Great longevity. Compliments are very high for this fragrance. Most of the women in my social circles consider this as one of their favorites. It’s not a huge statement-maker type of fragrance. It’s more of a fresh, clean, sweet, and slightly seductive scent. This is certainly a fragrance that you should at least try on your skin. You can thank me later.
30th June, 2015

Add your review of Bleu de Chanel

Shop for Bleu de Chanel products online

Shop for Bleu de Chanel at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Bleu de Chanel

Member images of Bleu de Chanel

There are no member images of Bleu de Chanel yet. Why not be the first?