The Infidels (2009)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 13 ratings

The Infidels Fragrance Notes

The Infidels information

The Infidels is a unisex fragrance by Agonist. The scent was launched in 2009 and the bottle was designed by Åsa Jungnelius

Shop for The Infidels products online

50ml EdP

Reviews of The Infidels

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Colin Maillard's avatar

Rich, thick, interesting texture, still quite delicate and pleasant. It suddendly reminded me (like a "madeleine") of Divine for women, the first fragrance Divine made I think in the early '90s or late '80s. Basically it is an opulent and dense scent in a really classic manner, a fruity graceful chypre rich in flower notes with a heart of dark rose, amber and aromatic woods, really coloured and dynamic, very deep and elegant. A sort of brighter, less somptuous, less decadent but still quite complex version of some Amouage's. However it is not worth the price tag which I've heard is crazy – the Divine I mentioned should be fairly similar but with a far more affordable price.

17th April, 2014

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

I like Åsa Jungnelius, though I don't think the perfume bottles are among the better things she's done. As for the perfume, it's wonderful. It's been a long time since I smelt something so... old-fashioned. I mean that in the best possible way of course! The Infidels smells like some classic from Guerlain or Caron or possibly like something newer by Mona di Orio. So rich and warm and deep, it smells like its made of the best natural extracts with not a care for budget or regulations. So what does it smell like? Well, a very tart and natural-smelling blackcurrant note adds originality. Then there's a more spicy than racy cumin note and it's all resting on a woody-ambery oriental base. But notes or types can't begin to describe it - try it!

29th December, 2010

Sugandaraja's avatar

I'll give it to The Infidels - it's not something I've smelled before. I find the accord a fairly linear thing, a big, urinous powder-puff the like of which owes something to Kouros in its animalic qualities, but here its something greener; namely, it's blackcurrant bud, nestled on a soft, powdery base. If, like me, you have a high tolerance for "weird" in your fragrance, you just may find this skanky-sour/pretty-powdery combination entertaining. I do, I'm left wishing there was more to it after the first hour or so.

Is it worth the price? Not for me. Besides, the "glass art" it comes on looks like a red delicious that's happy to see me - not something I want as the prize piece in my fragrance collection.

02nd October, 2010

Joshaugustt's avatar

The Infidels by Agonist is one of the BEST scents I've ever tried. You should sample it before you buy it...it's very expensive for the first purchase, which comes with sculpted glass. But after that...you're supposed to be able to get a refill at a very reasonable price. It's sure worth a sample and, for me, I'll keep using it for as long as I can acquire it!!! It's a killer, new fragrance.

25th September, 2010