L'Eau Serge Lutens (2010)
by Serge Lutens

L'Eau Serge Lutens information

Year of Launch2010

HouseSerge Lutens
Parent CompanyShiseido

About L'Eau Serge Lutens

L'Eau Serge Lutens is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2010

L'Eau Serge Lutens fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Eau Serge Lutens

Genre: Citrus

I don’t have a lot to say about this fragrance. It’s a simple, luminous, clean musk composition with a big, enduring, and not particularly natural-smelling citrus note grafted onto it. This kind of simple, shampoo-style scent is pleasant enough on its own terms, but it’s available elsewhere for a lot less money. Buy this instead of Mugler Cologne, Gendarme, or DKNY Woman only if must have a niche brand name on your dresser.
19th June, 2014
unisex, fresh and clean essence, poor longevity, too expensive

tried this today.
when first attached i was like i love that smell, i like smelling this, its a fresh bucket of clean- yet elegant- yet somehow floraly- somehow sweet- but still stay fresh -while not green at all- scent . I had the feeling i want to re apply.. It's absolutely unisex with both gender sides making a succesful balance (although the dry down may considered as more masculin type of thing, making it a reminiscent of 360 for men by Perry Ellis for my nose and skin.
After that it all pretty dissapears quite quickly without nothing left back..
Not a bad scent. Top notes acted pleasantly to me..Starts sounding good and 'expensive' but doesnt last long to my skin, not much present yet too expensive for its average dry down

Pros: Fresh and clean, elegant, light and delicate
Cons: too expensive, dry out lacks originality, poor longevity"

18th October, 2013
An aquatic of good pedigree

The touch of citrus is nice with the minty note and the lovely magnolia. Otherwise lots of aldehydes, and Eau Eau Eau - a watery-aquatic character is obvious. Lovely for the first hour, two watery for the second hour, then gone. Nice but lightweight.

29th July, 2013
Skelly Show all reviews
Fabric conditioner and bathroom cleaner.

Fabric conditioner and bathroom cleaner. Come to think of it, there are cleaning products I actually prefer to this.

15th July, 2013
I'm not sure what to say about this fragrance. The idea was interesting, a perfume for those wanting a break from perfume, but the execution wasn't on par with the intention.

The fragrance is your typical 'clean linen' cologne - clary sage, aldehydes and citrus. Nothing groundbreaking, and not done especially well, in my opinion.

This is SL's attempt at a lighter, ozonic cologne-style fragrance, but I wonder why not make an Eau de Cologne (this is EdT strength)?
I cynically presume because EdCs don't, by nature, last long, and SL wanted to keep the price tag high on this. So it's an average EdC style fragrance with EdT longevity. Which is a good thing if it can retain its fresh feeling for the whole time.
After a few hours, however, this dries down into just another musky skin scent, ruining the whole feel of the fragrance.
16th November, 2012
I guess I'll have to eat crow on this one. When L'Eau first came out, I smelled those dumb aquatic topnotes on paper at the store and immediately wrote it off. I even had a sample that went untouched for two years. Then, I finally tried it on...

It kicked off with grassy leafy peppery greens, sort of like Cristale but what you'd get if they made an aquatic version in the 90's by adding that cheesy fake melon and dusting it with pepper. Fairly quickly, the melon faded into that background, leaving room for a dry oregano smell to come in, accompanied by something kind of like really salty clay or hot bricks.

Somehow, the sum of these parts (mostly salty oregano over an abstract background of sweet but dry mineralic greens verging on clay) actually smelled quite good on me. While I'm comfortable wearing all sorts of food smells, for some reason the strong oregano sillage was a step too far for me - I spent the day worrying that I smelled weird. But I still found L'Eau to be artful and interesting. Sure, it's no Chergui or Arabie, but it does what it does well and without feeling cliched.
03rd November, 2012

Add your review of L'Eau Serge Lutens

Shop for L'Eau Serge Lutens products online

Shop for L'Eau Serge Lutens at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Eau Serge Lutens

Member images of L'Eau Serge Lutens

There are no member images of L'Eau Serge Lutens yet. Why not be the first?