Private Collection - Bois Naufragé (2010)
by Parfumerie Generale

Private Collection - Bois Naufragé information

Year of Launch2010

HouseParfumerie Generale
PerfumerPierre Guillaume
Parent CompanyPierre Guillaume Diffusion

About Private Collection - Bois Naufragé

Private Collection - Bois Naufragé is a shared / unisex perfume by Parfumerie Generale. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Guillaume

Private Collection - Bois Naufragé fragrance notes

Reviews of Private Collection - Bois Naufragé

After the initial head scratch of why PG would launch another fig after the completely lacklustre Jardins de Kérylos, the answer became obvious upon application – to do better this time around. Bois Naufragé’s opening is up there with fig milestones such as Philosykos – milky, green and sappy. So far, so refreshing – in a derivative stylee. But then a marine wash rolls through its middle section, differentiating it a little from other green fig perfumes, but also bound to prompt complaints of a synthetic quality. Fortunately it doesn’t stay around for long. There’s also a vague woody spiciness in the background. I rather enjoy it – it’s light and summery and I end up using gallons in a single application due to PG’s usual weak formulation. But I also find it difficult to muster excitement over something that is treading pretty familiar territory.
27th July, 2018
Fig, woody spices and watery notes. It just didn't work for me. Too manly for me. Too feminine for men.
05th March, 2017
This is the second PG I tried and I cannot help but feel that the perfumer is unable to hide the chemical quality of his creations. The fig here is laced with an obvious face makeup (blush powder) note, making this too unnatural smelling for a fig and too feminine to my nose.
12th June, 2015
Genre: Woods

After a very brief burst of galbanum and fresh green notes, Bois Naufragé settles on an attractive milky-sweet fig accord. But wait – doesn’t Parfumerie Générale already have a perfectly good (perhaps even perfect?) fig scent in Jardins de Kérylos? Why mine the same vein again?

Maybe, I figured, Bois Naufragé would turn into something very different from Jardin de Kérylos once it began to develop. What it turns into, after roughly fifteen minutes, is absolutely nothing. Poof! Once the fig is gone, all I can smell is a pale floral note so feeble I can’t identify it, plus some equally weak and indistinct woods – and these only if I press the skin I doused in Bois Naufragé up to my nose and inhale with uncouth vigor. Jardins de Kérylos is no marathon athlete itself, but it far outlasts this new offering.

Am I anosmic to some key ingredient? Beats me, but I can’t imagine paying niche fragrance prices for something that delivers less intensity or lasting power than a scented shower gel. An unnecessary release, if you ask me.
09th June, 2014
An aquatic "marine" fig over a familiar creamy woody-amber base that immediately evokes the "I've smelled this before!" reaction. The fig note here is sweet, rubbery, and watery -- especially when sniffed from a distance away. It's a bit on the masculine side, has average longevity, and good projection. Both the initial and final impression are that it is a very average middle-of-the-road scent, but strangely... it works.
26th January, 2012
A mass market perfume behind a good concept. It's completely undistinguishable form Marc Jacobs original scent for men. So if MJ is mass market why shouldn't be this one? Mr. Guillame shoud better reduce a little bit his productions and maybe focus on just a bunch of them. An unnecessary perfume!
04th March, 2011

Add your review of Private Collection - Bois Naufragé

Shop for Private Collection - Bois Naufragé products online

Member images of Private Collection - Bois Naufragé

There are no member images of Private Collection - Bois Naufragé yet. Why not be the first?