Chrome Sport (2010)

About Chrome Sport

Chrome Sport is a masculine fragrance by Azzaro. The scent was launched in 2010

Chrome Sport fragrance notes

Reviews of Chrome Sport

Starts off with a very fresh blend of citron, bergamot, grapefruit, and bitter orange. To my nose I detect mostly grapefruit with hints of bergamot, citron, and bitter orange - and it's really a nicely done grapefruit. The opening is kind of like the grapefruit soda drink "Fresca" and has a fizzy effervescence to it. As it dries down I get the aquatic notes as well as lots of ginger, and a fresh cut grass accord. Upon drydown it really smells like wet grass during the rain, similar to CK Truth. The citrus also persists throughout the fragrance's duration but in the background. I really like it. The ginger also gives it a Bleu de Chanel type feel. This is a very interesting and unique ultra-fresh type fragrance. It's hard to categorize this as a purely citrus fragrance, or an aquatic one, or a green one - since it has elements of all three, with its grapefruit opening (that somewhat persists into the drydown), its watery notes, as well as its green grass note. But if I had to choose one, I would say it has the feel of a fresh aquatic cologne with a bit of an ozonic character. In fact the word "fresh" describes it; this is one of the freshest colognes ever. This fragrance is not sweet at all; it's ozonic and sort of salty/bitter in a good way. Sillage is moderate but leaning strong for a fresh fragrance and longevity is also quite good at over 8 hours. Man does this cologne last! Overall it's one of the more unique aquatic/citrus/fresh colognes, and I like it a lot for casual use. I could see it being used for the gym as well, but I'd rather use something cheap for that like Adidas Ice Dive.

03rd May, 2018
I wore Chrome a fairly often when I lived in a tropic climate. I don’t find Chrome Sport to be much different from Chrome… possibly a little less metallic and a bit more refined, basically softer and smoother than the original. Whatever …I like Sport better than the original. Sport is a citrus metallic scent that concentrates on the sharper citruses of grapefruit, bitter orange, and lemon. It’s a linear citrus that adds a tiny bit of grassy green, “oxygen,” and maybe ginger (the metallic note) to a very light base of cedar. I don’t actually smell the cedar but there is an anonymously-textured wood base. It works quite nicely. It’s enjoyable and it works well as a sports fragrance. It has decent, non-offending sillage for an almost-reasonable length of time... It could stand a little more longevity, but I guess that good longevity is not extremely important in a sports fragrance. It serves well as a unisex sports fragrance, and I would certainly wear it often if I still lived in a tropic climate.
28th July, 2016
Im surprised this is as well liked in the basenotes community as this is a very mainstream scent.

It opens up to smelling like a mix between fruit loops and pinesol (Very odd mixture I know but thats my honest comparison) im not a huge fan of the opening but as the fragrance settles on the skin it does get better.

The mid the citrus goes more in the background and the green/floral/ and ginger notes take over and it becomes more sweet and masculine and to me this is where this fragrance really shines.

The drydown is pretty much just a muskier version of the base with that white musk shining through.

All in all I do have to say I like this fragrance and every time I wear it I start to like it more...

Performance wise Id say this is above average. This lasts me anywhere from 5-8 hours and projects pretty nicely for 3 hours without being overbearing.

SIDENOTE: This is a great casual scent for the spring and summer and also serves for a great office and/or gym scent as its very inoffensive. ALSO.. great frag for the price

All in all id rate this a 7.25 out of 10 !
11th August, 2015
hmpf. smells like aluminium foil, if it had a smell. pass, it is not hard to see this in discount bins.
03rd April, 2015
I question whether or not you guys actually smelled this on your skin, or just on a test strip. I bought a bottle off fragnet on Ebay for 10 bucks.. can't beat that right? Well.. this stuff isn't even worth a fraction of that. It goes on smelling like citrus and burning hair, and it dries down the same way. Tested numerous time, actually I've used about 5% of a 1.7 oz bottle, and the result is always the same. It simply smells like burning hair, chemicals, and cheap citrus. It's just not good. How anybody could wear this, let alone condone it is beyond me, but I guess to each their own. Heads up though, if you blind buy this for more than 10 bucks, than I feel bad, because the 10 bucks that I paid, is only slightly redeemable because the bottle is nice. I give honest reviews, and now, it's gonna be hard to sell/swap this one, with me bashing it like this, but it is what it is.
11th December, 2014
I give this a hesitant thumbs down. I really enjoy the opening with the citrus and familiar Chrome DNA, but after that it becomes an absolute ginger bomb. I'm also not a fan of white musk which isn't pronounced in this, but it's there. Compared to Dior Homme Sport this isn't even close to the quality of blending. Burberry Sport is actually quite a bit better than this one as is the original Chrome. If it was a better blend I would give it a thumbs up, but it's really a harsh dose of ginger combined with a chemical synthetic base.
02nd July, 2014 (last edited: 16th January, 2015)

Add your review of Chrome Sport

Shop for Chrome Sport products online

Search for on eBay United States

Chrome Sport by Azzaro 3.4 oz /100 ml Eau de Toilette Spray for Men New In Box

• USD $35.99
  • Time Left: 29 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Chrome Sport by Azzaro for Men Icy Shower Gel 1.7 oz.

• USD $4.68

Chrome Sport by Azzaro 1.0 oz, 30 ml Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

• Time Left: 25 days

Chrome Sport Azzaro Sample Vial Carded x 10 Eau de Toilette 0.05oz 1.5ml

• USD $9.99 STARTING BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 0 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: 4 days

CHROME SPORT by Azzaro 1.7 oz ICY SHOWER GEL x2 Men's Cologne NEW 50 ml Unboxed

• USD $8.99
  • Time Left: 6 days

Azzaro Chrome Sport 0.5 oz EDT spray+ 0.5 edt refillable Mens Set NIB

• Time Left: 6 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Azzaro Chrome Mens Cologne Sample Vial Lot 1.5 ml Chrome Sport Chrome Legend EDT

• USD $9.95