Midnight in Paris (2010)
    by Van Cleef & Arpels

Midnight in Paris Fragrance Notes

Shop for Midnight in Paris products online

Reviews of Midnight in Paris

Showing 1 to 6 of 38 reviews.

rum's avatar
    rum
    Greece Greece

Fragrance in this day and age is simply not 'juice in a bottle'. It has to be a catchy name, slick bottle and packaging and of course the infamous marketing has to be there too... This fragrance is all of that. But the juice inside is just simply not quite what I'd hoped. There is a lot going on - I get a lot of smoke (bitter smoke I might add), perhaps some vetiver and a tea note. There is also a very distinctive smell of burnt rubber that simply holds me back from getting a full bottle. Granted, it does progress quite a lot throughout the day but for me it is quite uninteresting.
    I think VC&A deserve a lot of praise for the marketing behind this scent - the name and bottle have been put together very cleverly, but the scent just simply does not appeal to me.

09 January, 2014

the reaper's avatar
    the reaper
    Venezuela Venezuela

Lovely

I would like to have the right words to describe this fragance but I don't. All I can say is that this fragance in Eau de Parfum version smells like real musk. It's romantic and masculine.

02 October, 2013

varun's avatar
    varun

Powder

i am glad that i ordered sample before purchase. Its too sweet and perfectly suitable for women.

Pros:
    Cons: Smells like women's cologne"

13 July, 2013

kaizer121's avatar
    kaizer121

I'm reviewing the EDT, not the EDP. I like this scent, but I can't honestly put my finger on why. It definitely smells unisex, I could see a woman wearing it (I got Shalimar with it today, and while the opening is more feminine the drydown of that supposedly women's fragrance is much more masculine than this is). That's not a bad thing. I often (though not always) find overly masculine fragrances not to be my style.

Having said that I feel like this almost smells generic. I hate to say that because this smells REALLY GOOD but I can't pick out any prominent notes. Honestly, if you asked me what it smells like, I'd probably tell you "Uhhh... cologne?" I get some vanilla, which is odd since that's not a note. I get a little bit of leather. I get some kind fo aquatic almost beachiness in the opening. But I can't really put my finger on WHAT it smells like. Ergo, it's kind of generic.

Having said THAT, this is the best executed fragrance for the money I've ever owned. For less than $40 (4.2 OZ) there isn't a better deal than the EDT on the market to my knowledge. It smells high class, almost like a niche as opposed to a designer. Any guy can wear it because it's so generic, because that makes it a bit versatile. And I'd be remiss not to mention the gorgeous bottle.

Overall, I'd say it's worth a buy. It's a safe and affordable blind buy option.

01st May, 2013

bugsyiii's avatar
    bugsyiii

Great fragrance!!! This fragrance is very uplifting. MiP draws you in and compels you to search and search and seacrh for every note found in this wonderful fragrance. I really smell the bergamot, lemon, and leather. Such a wonderful fragrance!!! I have the toilette and have not smelled the Parfum version. really would love to so that I can determine a difference if any. I easliy get a days worth as it relates to longevity. My wife the other day said, as we were going to bed...you smell good. I sprayed this on in the morning and this was close to midnight when we were going to bed.

16 March, 2013

FISS80's avatar
    FISS80

Smells like lemon bug spray!! Synthetic, headache inducing nastiness. Made me extremely nauseous. Cannot understand how anyone would find this remotely appealing.

03 March, 2013