Midnight in Paris (2010)

PerfumerDomitille Bertier
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Midnight in Paris

Midnight in Paris is a masculine fragrance by Van Cleef & Arpels. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Olivier Polge and Domitille Bertier

Midnight in Paris fragrance notes

Reviews of Midnight in Paris

A gorgeous gem, albeit I have to exclaim that it is not for me. Not my style whatsoever, but that won't stop me from rating it positively! I'm reviewing the EDT.

Balsamic, smouldering, embracing, warm and passionate. Like warm candles.

This house conceptually used ideas from YSL Body Kouros, Givenchy Pi and Boucheron Jaipur Homme, without copying directly any of them, of course.

Whoever is a fan of warm, soft and balsamic fragrances, Midnight In Paris is a must have!

Originality 6/10
Scent 7/10
Longevity 9/10
Projection 8/10
_________________
75%
05th September, 2018
We BN'ers love it, but apparently others don't since its discontinued. This is a review on the EDP.

There really isn't much to say, except that this is one the most perfect men's fragrances ever. Make sure you like the note of iris though. Iris can come off smelling "makeupy" and that's what it does here.

This is a blend of 2 already outstanding masterpieces: Bvlgari Black, and Dior Homme. Superbly blended, with a smooth creamy finish. Long lasting, projects enough to turn heads, and sophisticated. This is a confident mature man's fragrance. If you see the EDP, snatch it up, because prices will just keep getting higher.

I just can't express how well blended this is. Along with one of the best dry downs I've ever smelled. It kills everything in performance too.
03rd November, 2017
I've always liked the Van Cleef & Arpels fragrance line and I got really excited reading all of the positive reviews here for 'Midnight in Paris'; so much so that I sought out a bottle of the eau de toilette for my personal collection. The fragrance notes listed above come across as a win, WIN! What could go wrong with this fragrance; especially accompanied with such a great bottle?

Well....I do not get any of these listed notes except for incense. I also detect: Lavender, Black Pepper, Licorice, and a very heavy dose of Vanilla. To me it seems to be missing something? Perhaps a dash of Sandalwood and a splash of Juniper might help? Overall it's a nice scent, but not a great scent. Vaguely familiar as since this has been overdone for years (*see Zut de Schiaparelli). Did VCA approach Oliver Polge and ask for a formula that was ready for the market immediately, because they have this amazing bottle that's waiting? It seems like that's the case, and the fragrance here is an afterthought compared to the packaging.
07th February, 2017
I got it for the bottle, I kept it for the fragrance!
17th November, 2016
Pleasant and powdery, with good longevity and projection at an excellent price. If you enjoy a sweet, leathery powder scent, this will probably be something you reach for often if its in your wardrobe. Sample if possible before buying, might be too much powder for some. I feel like its missing some smokey tobacco notes or else I would wear this more often. Pretty safe and versatile for most occasions.
17th August, 2016
I read all the reviews and the notes in MIP and I thought it would like the frag. Yes, it was a blind buy. When I first sprayed it on my skin, it was really powdery. Then to my surprise it gave me a headache.

I recently purchased another frag with one note similar to MIP (leather). I thought the note (leather) in the frag would be like smelling a worn-in leather coat. To my nose it smells like very strong, slightly sweet baby powder.

The bottle is really nice! It starts out blue at the top and fades to a orange/ yellow at the bottom; with star constellations on the back.

I would recommend getting a sample and testing it first to see how it reacts to your skin. For me MIP is not a frag I would recommend to others to purchase.
07th August, 2016 (last edited: 14th August, 2016)

Add your review of Midnight in Paris