Midnight in Paris (2010)

PerfumerDomitille Bertier
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Midnight in Paris

Midnight in Paris is a masculine fragrance by Van Cleef & Arpels. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Olivier Polge and Domitille Bertier

Midnight in Paris fragrance notes

Reviews of Midnight in Paris

I got it for the bottle, I kept it for the fragrance!
17th November, 2016
Pleasant and powdery, with good longevity and projection at an excellent price. If you enjoy a sweet, leathery powder scent, this will probably be something you reach for often if its in your wardrobe. Sample if possible before buying, might be too much powder for some. I feel like its missing some smokey tobacco notes or else I would wear this more often. Pretty safe and versatile for most occasions.
17th August, 2016
I read all the reviews and the notes in MIP and I thought it would like the frag. Yes, it was a blind buy. When I first sprayed it on my skin, it was really powdery. Then to my surprise it gave me a headache.

I recently purchased another frag with one note similar to MIP (leather). I thought the note (leather) in the frag would be like smelling a worn-in leather coat. To my nose it smells like very strong, slightly sweet baby powder.

The bottle is really nice! It starts out blue at the top and fades to a orange/ yellow at the bottom; with star constellations on the back.

I would recommend getting a sample and testing it first to see how it reacts to your skin. For me MIP is not a frag I would recommend to others to purchase.
07th August, 2016 (last edited: 14th August, 2016)
ad_scott Show all reviews
The opening is fresh: lemon, then bergamot and rosemary, then it adjusts to a mild, fruity green tea. 5 minutes later things start to get interesting as the opening notes synthesize with a kind of muted smoky-rubbery note resulting in a harmonious mid. When the dry down initiates, the brightness fades and the darker tones dominate (very well done as it feels like being in Paris around midnight at a bar with a glass of Bourbon.) There's a delicate boozy element at play. Moments later, I experience only the leather, tonka and incense notes which somehow forge a faint vanilla/almond/coffee aroma. I admire this scent, it is smooth, creamy, delicious and comforting. It's a fragrance for the autumn and winter. Sillage and longevity are full-bodied yet mild - stays close to the skin. Bottle is also very nice. All in all a very good fragrance.
22nd April, 2016
Odd.

Complex and well elaborated fragrance, pleasant to the nose, but still, very sweet and artificial. It is very soothing in the beginning and leaves the dry down to something slithly uncomfortable.
09th April, 2016
A slightly odd experience, this one - starts off for me rather undistinguished with none of the citrus described elsewhere. It opens with and retains the fresh powdery sensation of talc or similar. After a while, something akin to a touch of leather breaks through and brings the journey some coherence. Far from being unpleasant, but I'm not sure what function owning this would fulfil for me.
19th March, 2016