Midnight in Paris (2010)

PerfumerDomitille Bertier
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Midnight in Paris

Midnight in Paris is a masculine fragrance by Van Cleef & Arpels. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Olivier Polge and Domitille Bertier

Midnight in Paris fragrance notes

Reviews of Midnight in Paris

I cannot fathom how anyone would think this smells like 'lemon bug spray'. Boggles my mind, truly.

This is one of the most pleasant smelling colognes I've laid nose on. Not everyone might enjoy the smell of a woman's makeup bag, but I do and I have no problem smelling like that all day every day.

Soft, warm, sweet, powdery, gives off that vanilla essence due to the tonka bean I guess. Comforting and relaxed. Just perfect.

Also, the best projection of my entire collection so far. I bought most of my collection due to good reviews but none of them project very well at all. I can smell this one on my arms while sitting at my desk or driving hours after applying it.
28th March, 2015 (last edited: 02nd April, 2015)
I have to agree with all those reviewers that consider MiP VC&A somewhat feminine. As it dries down it becomes more leathery and masculine but there is a persisting sweetness that prevents it to become fully masculine.
But it is a nice scent regardless
27th March, 2015
Bought a 4.2 oz of this one for under $30 shipped. And with rumors of discontinuation floating around for a fragrance this good, I have to say: If you like powdery men's orientals, buy this. NOW.

Personally, I think this fragrance is a true masculine sister scent to Guerlain's legendary Shalimar. (Habit Rouge just never cut it for me.) The vanillic musky incense drydown, the citrus at the top, and the leather all give it a Shalimar vibe without some of the more feminine aspects of Shalimar. Some similarities to Bvlgari Black are apparent in the topnotes, but without the screechy rubber that makes the Bvlgari only wearable if you're in the automotive or auto part manufacturing professions.

Note: this review is for the EdT. And with longevity and sillage as good as it is, I see no reason to buy the EdP.
27th March, 2015
Someone said this is a combo of Dior Homme Intense and Armani Code both are 9's this scent is a 1.Just plain awfull....this scent has nothing and it will become nothing a waist of money it is....even for 20 euro!!!
25th March, 2015
Midnight in Paris falls within that category of scents which start just wrong, but then become more than remarkable. I mean, most of the times it’s rather the contrary – scents which are good and rich at first, then easily lose the magic soon. The first minutes here are a blast of almost nauseating sweet and kind of “bread-ish” Oriental notes comprising powdery resins, almond, something like hay, a generic “clean-smoky” synthetic wood (I guess the “incense” note) and something musky-floral, with rubbery suede lying underneath. I also get the “tea” especially on the drydown, which is quite similar to the tea in Gucci pour Homme II or Tea for Two by L’Artisan. Also if you know Equistrius by Parfum d’Empire, Midnight reminded me that a bit (I guess because of hay, suede and powdery notes). But at the beginning, all of that is quite loud, quite more on the sweeter-edible side, and overall not exactly the most elegant smell around. Still, as minutes pass Midnight in Paris tames down and “tilts back” to a more pleasant balance, becoming more and more enjoyable and finally reaching a truly remarkable drydown. At this final stage – which luckily arrives quite soon – the blend focuses on a really sophisticated sort of velvety, rubbery suede-woody base with a sprinkle of Oriental powdery-gourmand notes – just a sprinkle, now. A couple of key nuances make this quite distinctive and really pleasant: suede, hay and powder (I call it “powder” but actually think more of almond and tonka; it just smells really dusty, slightly floral and kind of “feminine” as if there was some orris - precisely like powder, shortly). Classy, really “velvety”, warm and cozy, basically a sort of hybrid between Bulgari Black and Dior Homme; sweeter and brighter than Black, but darker, drier and more “grey” than the Dior’s. Give it a chance!

24th March, 2015 (last edited: 22nd April, 2015)
Soak a sugar cube in good bourbon, wrap it in a cloud of cotton balls sprinkled with baby powder, and this is what I get when I wear this out at night to dinner with my woman in the winter.
11th March, 2015

Add your review of Midnight in Paris

Shop for Midnight in Paris products online

Shop for Midnight in Paris at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Midnight in Paris

Member images of Midnight in Paris

There are no member images of Midnight in Paris yet. Why not be the first?