Le Male Terrible (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseJean Paul Gaultier
PerfumerAurélien Guichard

About Le Male Terrible

Le Male Terrible is a masculine fragrance by Jean Paul Gaultier. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Aurélien Guichard

Le Male Terrible fragrance notes

Reviews of Le Male Terrible

A citrus - peppery opening blast followed by a lavender drydown with added fresh notes. The base is as predictable as they come: sweet vanilla with a very generic ambery musk ending.

Not bad, just middle-of-the-road. Sillage is moderate, projection adequate and I get five hours of longevity in total. 2/5
25th May, 2015
Le Male Terrible is a less terrible Le Male, less bombastic-minty and slightly more structured in a classically fougere way. The musk-lavender is less properly soapy while the dry down is dryer, woodier and spicier. A more mature version, probably less "sensual" (in a modern conventional mainstream way) but frankly (a good news) less bath-foam type.
02nd January, 2015
Amazingly synthetic or synthetically amazing - as you like it

Even though I would never wear it, I would not mind having a colleague at work who smells like this. First I want to say I find it so artificial that the CDG fragrances now all seem very natural and friendly. Yes I can smell synthetic elements in Serge Lutens' Fleur d' Oranger and yes I know most of the things I have in my wardrobe have a lot to do with the disguised chemicals, but the perfumer of the 'LMT' really pushed the envelope it this respect.

At first it is very similar to the original: the initial explosion has so many ingredients it is hard to tell which of them truly dominate, but to me this super rich combination mostly smells like orange blossom, orange peels, nutmeg and lavender. Of course vanilla is also very noticeable, but it is not the main culprit for the incredible sweetness of this scent. I find it sad that the mint note is so shy. I adore minty notes. The mint could have been the light at the end of the tunnel and a very nice counterbalance.

To be completely fair and honest, I am glad I gave it a try, LMT is a lot of fun, it's very sexy + it is not much worse than the popular fragrance offerings of today, so I guess... ...yeah... that's it....

Pros: Dry down is way better than the original's
Cons: Nothing and everything at the same time"

25th October, 2013
I wish I looked like the bottle

TL:DR Decent, but overpriced and not worth your time for a summer fragrance.

The opening is better than Le Male in its current state IMO. Grapefruit is well blended into the top notes that gives this a more playful version of Le Male. For a summer fragrance, it does its job. By being light, it no longer is a room clearer.

However, anything good about this fragrance stops there. Le Male Terrible is a watered down substitute for the original Le Male. The goal was to make it less cloying, but it was just way too watered down. Like most summer frags, it lacks on longevity and projection shortly after application (roughly 45 minutes after initial sprays).

The definition of terrible overseas means "great," but taking how this was released, it must have been opposite day.

Something that I have done to compensate for the short lifespan and projection is to spray 6 sprays total. I do 2 on my bare neck, 2 on my hair, and 2 on my shirt. That way, I can work around the extremely short half life of this fragrance. This allows Terrible to work more similarly like the original Le Male without being cloying...just let it air out for 10 minutes before you go anywhere. That actually raised this rating to a decent score. A ton. Otherwise, I would have given it a 0, if that was at all possible.

I get compliments by doing this, but I am using this strategy in weather where the summers are not as brutal as elsewhere. Using 6 sprays could easily become cloying elsewhere.

Pros: Less cloying version of the original Le Male
Cons: This is just diluted Le Male"

30th September, 2013
Wanted a lighter version of Le Male so purchased this sold it a week later not one for giving bad review but I hated this poor Silage & Longevity just a bad fragrance lives up to the name terrible
22nd January, 2013
Le Male Classic, with a fresh departure. I prefer the original audacity.
09th January, 2013

Add your review of Le Male Terrible

Shop for Le Male Terrible products online

Shop for Le Male Terrible at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Le Male Terrible

Member images of Le Male Terrible

There are no member images of Le Male Terrible yet. Why not be the first?