Epic Man (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseAmouage
PerfumerRanda Hammami

About Epic Man

Epic Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Randa Hammami

Reviews of Epic Man

Epic indeed, what a fragrance by Amouage, and as the name suggests you feel well put together wearing this, it has a masculine regal vibe that is so special when you first try it, I imagine this being worn by a high society type of person in a Rolls Royce. In the opening I detect Francincense coupled with pepper and geranium which gives it a green cold feel and slightly spikey, then incense plays along with a touch of oud (not heavy tho, just the signature amouage hint) and an expertly blended castoreum and leather, everything is of high quality and blending. The castoreum adds to the old school feel and kind of makes it slightly aloof in a good way, a quick sniff and it's a very green soapy style, but leave your nose there and it's much more complexed and intriguing. Good/average performance on my skin about 7 hours in total with 2/3 hours projection.
03rd February, 2020
This is a cautious thumbs up until I field test it further.
Amouage Honour man gives me my favourite opening of all time but then collapses like a deflated corpse. After reading the reviews I had high hopes for Epic Man. This is like a very nice mild woody vetiver scent opening with an energetic zing which thankfully does not include citrus and settles into the vetiver woody accord. Maybe thats the Frank Sent This?
The reason I am hesitating is that its lacks a bit of depth and character. But. I have found Amouage scents project and the audience's experience can be different to your own desensitised nostrils as you actually have it on you all the time.
For instance Honour Man is a compliment getter even though I feel it rapidly becomes a flaccid shell of its opening.
Epic man just looses the opening fiz and stays around like a good natured compliant unidimensional companion fading away over 3 hours as it unveils a nasty surprise which had been hiding just beneath the surface...it becomes unisex. Not usual for Amouage so I can forgive this straying from their normal clear vision.
I will report back.

Fragrance: 7.25/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7.5/10

Top marks if you get the Ted Talk I have referred to above!!
22nd September, 2019
EPIC!!!

I love this stuff however. . . I don't get the performance i would expect. I tried this in store a couple of times and damn it lasted all day plus some. I then brought a bottle and altough it smells the same it just doesn't seem to last all that long?

In saying this almost all of my high end niche fragrances seem to suffer this same fate, am i going nose blind from the big hitters perhaps?

Don't get me wrong this will go the distance it just seems to settle close to the skin within an hour or so. . .

Dispite this it does get my approval, the smell is epic. . . It really is. I will give the benefit of doubt for performance.

Scent 8.5/10
Sillage 6/10
Performance 7/10
Value 7/10

19th July, 2019
Breath-taking. Potent smoky myrrh. If this is how a Byzantine priest smells, sign me up. I only have a small sample, I can't justify spending this sort of money right now, I make do with a very convincing clone by Eden Perfumes. One day I will buy the real thing. Maybe when the pound is stronger...
02nd July, 2019
Epic Man is the pinnacle spicy fragrance for me. The pink pepper is lifted up by the frankincense and really, the scent seems to just lift up as if dragged by a magic wand. The spices always play as a team, never outshining one another, and are not afraid to singe for some attention. The base is amazing and showcases Amouages restrained use of oud. It is a smoldering fragrance that I cant imagine wearing if the weather was above 70 degrees.
12th May, 2019
A green barbershop oud wood.
The frankincense is prominent, existing throughout the fragrance.
Beautifully constructed, masculine with a hint of dandy.
The blending is the genius here, as with other Amouage fragrances: the ability to take so many different notes and make them sing in one accord.

A must sample for true fragrance lovers.
04th April, 2019

Our Impression of Amouage Pure Concentrated Perfume Oil By GenericPerfumesCom

End Date: Tuesday Feb-25-2020 5:00:26 PST
Buy It Now for only: $33.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

AMOUAGE FRAGRANCES FOR MEN AND WOMEN. ASSORTED. YOUR CHOICE. 100% AUTHENTIC & OR

Buy It Now for only: $157.16

Buy It Now for only: $177.28

Buy It Now for only: $294.23

Buy It Now for only: $294.23

Member images of Epic Man

There are no member images of Epic Man yet. Why not be the first?