Imogen Rose (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseGorilla Perfume [Lush]
Parent CompanyLush

About Imogen Rose

Imogen Rose is a shared / unisex perfume by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Imogen Rose

An "old-type", powdery rose that lasts for long and has a great sillage. I smell a lot of lemongrass as well. Nothing too special, but good nonetheless.
04th January, 2017
Excited whenever I encounter a new rose. This one flies blissfully up my nostrils. Ingredients: Rose absolute, orris root, vetivert, tonka, and bergamot. I can smell each one, but they also blend beautifully. It's a bit sweeter than I like, doesn't begin to unseat my favorite rose, FM's Une Rose, but it's a quite nice rose.
29th December, 2013
danieq Show all reviews
Pulpy, juicy rose

While this is certainly a rose scent, there is a quality in it that makes me think of honeydew melon. It's sort a pulpy feeling. It feels thick and goopy. As it dries down, the vanilla softens the pulp and a powdery note come forward as well. To me, this is not a sweet rose, but more clean and green (but not green as in, the whole bush and the dirt too) more like the scent of the rose stem freshly cut. I find it wears for a very long time. Later in the developement, it has a woodsy, smokey quality, still accented by that melony, powdering rose. Kind of a juicy rose I think. I'm considering adding this to my collection.

Pros: long lasting, light and natural
Cons: opening is a little heavy"

10th September, 2013
Opens in a very sweet way, also somewhat hard, brittle and even metallic. Certainly a rose-like smell, but a closed-in, claustrophobic, intense rose. It suggests Miss Havisham in a shuttered attic, old secrets, a somewhat fanatical gleam in the eye... "come closer, smell the roses, my dear..."
Finishes with an aggressively sweet and powdery note in tandem with the unrelenting rose.
29th February, 2012
The top note is rose. A loud artificial rose. (Maybe better to determine as old fashioned perfumery rose because in earlier times very natural rose oil or other flower oils used to smell "like" the flower but not same and also used to have some extra and heavy character which make them smell artificial). then you got aldehydes and in a few minutes grows and ozonic note. It is very familiar to me so i have tried hard to find what it is. my mind was trying to remember all Carons i have tried because many carons share the carnation in this ozonic style. well scent developed faster than my mind and it became a twin of dear Bellodgia by Caron.
Imogen rose has a huge silliage in first hours and dries down powdery still little sharp with violet vetiver and carnations.It is a rich scent but not cup of my tea.
09th January, 2012
No love for Imogen Rose on Basenotes! I have the small bottle, but I'll certainly buy the big bottle when I run out: I'm going to drain this baby pretty quickly. I get a blast of very sensual rose--big, blossoming and earthy--and then the vetiver takes over. It changes further into what smells like a very expensive rose-scented powder, and eventually fades into faint honey-scented powder. It's a fast ride, at least in the concentration I have. As a note, I personally found the solid perfume to smell more like the base (beeswax? shea butter? something) than the fragrance.
12th May, 2011 (last edited: 18th May, 2011)

Add your review of Imogen Rose

Shop for Imogen Rose products online

LUSH Gorilla Perfume *Imogen Rose* 1oz Spray Bottle ORIGINAL & AUTHENTIC!

End Date: Monday Jan-28-2019 10:19:49 PST
Buy It Now for only: $97.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Imogen Rose

There are no member images of Imogen Rose yet. Why not be the first?