Average Rating: 3

Based on 22 ratings

Lust Fragrance notes

Jasmine, Ylang ylang, Rose, Vanilla, Sandalwood

Lust information

Lust is a women's fragrance by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Lust

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral5 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Floral

I’ve heard Lust described as an overwhelmingly sweet, straightforward jasmine soliflore, but I experience something more unusual and interesting. I get jasmine alright, but on me Lust follows Etat Libre d’Orange’s Charogne and Mona di Orio’s Nuit Noire in its iconoclastic overdose of indole. As in those other two, the weirdly decadent funk of indole so dominates Lust that the scent feels to me more animalic than floral.

Your enjoyment of this fragrance will depend entirely on your affinity – even tolerance – of indole. I happen to enjoy indolic scents, and am happy to wear Lust. Though it is very potent, I find it more wearable and versatile than either Nuit Noire or Charogne. Perhaps that’s because Lust does without the dense amber oriental arrangements which underpin the others, settling instead for a comparatively crisp, dry green neroli accord as ballast. If the spray perfume is too potent and aggressive for your comfort, I recommend the perfume solid, which wears much closer to the skin.

19 June, 2014

ChellyBird's avatar

overly jasmine, reminds me of flyspray on me, smells different on my daughter

19 February, 2014

ScentFan's avatar

With that name, it must be good. And it is. An alluring, musky affair that's also bright. Smells a whole lot better on my hand than on paper. I think I'm smelling musk for sure or ambergris, also florals. I'm guessing jasmine. Looking it up: Jasmine, ylang ylang, rose, vanilla and sandalwood. My favorite ingredients. No musk? Goes on buy list.

29 December, 2013

iivanita's avatar

Croatia Croatia

i love Mar Azuls notion about indolic jasmine:)
    this jasmine smells natural, soft,it is strong yet watered down with some mild flowery note, like yilang? it is smelling "dirty" like some secretion from the body...indolic as people say, that putt me off at start, but then when it warms up you get constant whiffs from it (when flowers stay in vase and the water spoils, similar kind of smell but clean! so its enjoyable , thats indolic for me)
    but not overly raw, as in Tawaf, if you dont like indoles then it wont suit you...

15 January, 2013

Lucy2shoes's avatar

Hmmm - I wish I could give this perfume two reviews, as it shouts heaven and whorehouse in equal measure! I suggest that when it is first applied, if you are a sensitive little wuss like me, don't apply it too close to the face, it's likely to punch you with its rubber note, and leave your eyes watering for half an hour before it mellows and develops into a sensual, if unashamedly grimy dance of jasmine, rose and a lot more jasmine, eventually ending in an innocent, almost puritanical "Who, me?"

The initial assault on the face is, in my opinion outweighed by the lovely creamy dry down that lasts and lasts. It really does smell like lust in a bottle. It's bold, and probably best for occasional wear for days when you're feeling brave.

10th November, 2012

odysseusm's avatar

Wow!
    A tangy jasmine -- honeyed and dirty. Very interesting, oddly charismatic.
    A heady scent, tangy-twangy.
    Intense. A lesson in indolic scents. At times very rubbery, like a warm balloon in the sun. The indoles are as quirky as oudh.
    Weirdly interesting.
    Not at all my style, but it is certainly intriguing.

29 February, 2012