The Smell of Weather Turning (2010)
by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]

The Smell of Weather Turning information

Year of Launch2010

HouseGorilla Perfume [Lush]
Parent CompanyLush

About The Smell of Weather Turning

The Smell of Weather Turning is a shared / unisex perfume by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]. The scent was launched in 2010

The Smell of Weather Turning fragrance notes

Reviews of The Smell of Weather Turning

So special. So great. Very Lush.
I thought it smelled masculine but did not hesitate to put this magic incense scent for a (litterally) tropical Hong Kong night. Now I need to find a bottle. The mint makes it fresh and warm in the same time.
08th May, 2018 (last edited: 07th August, 2018)
This is hands down my favorite fragrance. Without any hesitation, at first sniff I was immediately transported to a summer evening of watching thunderstorms and jumping in puddles, and picking wet flowers in the fields.
I recently bought a bottle from Lush UK, but I have a suspicion that it was reformulated. I thought I remembered there being other absolutes listed on the ingredients, as well as "nettle" in some form.
It remains wonderful, however. Yes, it's smoky, and yes, it's minty. It's smokiness (to me) is unique, and the presence of real oakwood is sublime. Chamomile tea, aging wood, tobacco pipes, blooming wild mint, wet grass, and of course: rainwater... Seriously.
Whatever it is, it's mysterious and woodsy, it is tall, dark, and handsome. There are aspects of it that have (so far) been impossible to replicate.
My newness to perfumery has me testing and sampling all kinds of different fragrances, old and new, expensive and cheap.. But nothing comes close to this.
09th August, 2016
An obscure, medicinal, smoky, earthy and incredibly crisp minty scent. On top of all these natural smelling raw materials, you get a vision of a cold front on its way with rain approaching. Some fragrances and aftershaves immediately come to mind: Andrea Maack Coven, Chiseled Face Summer Storm, and Phoenix Artisan Accroutments La Tierra Mojada - Scent After The Rain. The common theme with the aforementioned scents....is petrichor which is that aroma released in the air immediately following rainfall typically after a dry spell. The performance is stellar...3 drops of oil projected for an easy 6 hours.
16th May, 2016
Genre: Green/Woods

Fresh, grassy green top notes introduce an accord of wood smoke and hay that’s at once unique in my experience and highly memorable. The smoke/hay accord is linear once established, and is strongly evocative of bonfires and thick carpets of fallen leaves. This quintessentially autumnal fragrance is both very simple and extremely well-executed. My only complaint is that the solid perfume endures for only two or three hours on my skin. (The eau de toilette is much more tenacious.) I recommend giving The Smell of Weather Turning a try before Lush, with its incomprehensible marketing strategy, makes any more progress in its headlong rush to eliminate the most interesting fragrances from its line.
22nd September, 2014 (last edited: 03rd October, 2014)
I WENT TO THE LUSH SHOP NEAR ME AGES AGO AND WITH THE AID OF AN OVER ENTHUSIASTIC SALES ASSISTANT TESTED ABOUT 5 DIFFERENT FRAGRANCES. CAME OUT OF THE SHOP EMPTY HANDED AND CONFUSED! I THEN WENT ON EBAY AND BOUGHT 'THE VOICE OF REASON' ON A WHIM AND COS IT WAS CHEAP, AND HATED IT. WAY TOO STONG AND OVERPOWERING. NOT ONE TO EASILY GIVE UP, I THEN WENT ONTO THE LUSH SITE AND BOUGHT 3 SOLID STICK PERFUMES, WEATHER TURNING, LUST AND KARMA. I REALLY LIKE KARMA, AM INDIFFERENT TO LUST, BUT ADORE WEATHER TURNING. IT'S STRANGE AND UNIQUE. BRILLIANTLY CRAFTED AND MELODIOUS, AND IF I COULD PERMANENTLY INFUSE MY WHOLE SKIN WITH IT I WOULD! I ONLY GET THE ODD HINT OF SPEARMINT. I WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE MINT ASPECT TO BE HONEST, BUT IT JUST DEPENDS ON YOUR SKIN CHEMISTRY I SUPPOSE. FOR ME, IT'S WARM, SWEET HAY WITH THE ODD PECULIAR NOTE ( NOT UNPLEASANT), WHICH IS EXACTLY LIKE THAT UNSETTLING SMELL YOU GET BEFORE A THUNDERSTORM. MY ADVICE IS , IF YOU WANT A FRAGRANCE THAT IS DIFFERENT, TRY THEM AT THE SHOP (ONE AT A TIME! ) UNTIL YOU GET ONE THAT RINGS YOUR BELL. IT REALLY IS WORTH THE EFFORT.
29th November, 2013
Calm before the storm -

Is it in a name ? Perhaps...I cannot think of a more appropriate name for a truly unique woody, aromatic scent but its more than just that...Green, wet hay that sweetens up with warmth from your body heat...Beautiful but iconic....I have never smelled anything remotely CLOSE to this scent and it takes me back to my childhood where I use to visit my grandfather's farm in early autumn. He would put me gently in the back of his pick-up with bales of hay that were used to feed the cows on the farm. I would bury my face in the moist hay, and of course, with the coarseness of the strands, I could smell the sweet wetness from the week's rain...Surprisingly, heat would rise from the bales and it felt so warm and bright but musky all at the same time....The smell was mesmorizing This fragrance mimics this ever so effortlessly....It opens with a mint from Mentha Aquatica from the UK...It makes the scent perky and vibrant in the opening then morphs into this sweet hay middle notes that uses REAL oak and hay absolutes which continues to warm this fragrance and makes it more cozy and "lived-in"...The longer this fragrance is on your skin the better and more you will love it...It settles with oakmoss and cinnamon which I don't pick up as much but subtle....It changes and the creator Simon even says the idea behind this fragrance was to be ever changing...non-constant...I love this one and my wife (as a compliment) said it smelled like fresh shaving cream...a sweetness that ensues fresh cut hay...I don't find it offensive and in fact soothes the senses and calms the soul....Longevity and Projection is above average and could be a daily scent or reserved for a nice enchanting night out with your wife or significant other...It screams uniqueness but quietly works its magic...I highly recommend this one from Lush among many others from this fine house....two thumbs up.

Pros: unique, one-of-a-kind, Fresh -
Cons: none"

26th July, 2013