Vanillary (2009)
    by Gorilla Perfume [Lush] (orig. by Lush)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 38 ratings

Vanillary Fragrance notes

Vanilla, Jasmine, Tonka

Vanillary information

Vanillary is a unisex fragrance by Gorilla Perfume [Lush]. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Vanillary

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.

Tony T's avatar

Contrary to most reviews I find it smooth and elegant.. Not as sweet and immature..
    A vanilla for grown up men and women.. Simplistic and artistic.. Only 3 notes and the folks at Lush managed to come up with a winner.. The Tonka adds some depth to a well blended floral vanilla.. Sillage is average as well as longevity.. A great casual scent..

10th February, 2014

silentrich's avatar

Great smokey vanilla. I smell sandalwood in this which I didn't see in the notes or mentioned by any other reviewers. The thing that really stood out for me in this fragrance was the touch of incense which is the same one from Breath of God. Works better in vanillary and tempers the sweetness. This fragrance is sweet, but not in the sugar sweet catagory like some other vanilla based fragrances. I thought this was a bit too feminine, but I've had it described as sexy by a few women. By sexy I mean they were checking me out when they were smelling it. Yeah, I'm keeping this one!

03rd September, 2012

exciter76's avatar

Vanillary is brilliantly simple. It is a mature jasmine-vanilla scent. Not mature as in ‘dated and musty’ but ‘grown up and refined’. This is unlike any vanilla scent I’ve yet to encounter. There is a smoldering incense in the drydown that could be attributed to the mix of tonka bean and jasmine. The vanilla is unadulterated. The jasmine is impressively authentic; it reminds me of the night-blooming jasmine bush in front of my house. It miraculously captured the scent of real jasmine as it blooms on a May evening. It’s pure bliss! Too many jasmine fragrances fall victim of turning into ‘car freshener’ jasmine, too sweet and too plasticky. This is the real deal. I spent an entire afternoon compulsively sniffing my wrists like a mental ward patient with an OCD tick. I had to go back to the Lush boutique and make this scent my own.

My only complaint is its inability to last longer than two hours. The sales person who insisted I would love this fragrance also massaged one of my forearms with the Heavanilli massage bar which is also scented with Vanillary. The use of the massage bar prolonged the scent and softened my skin. Maybe it’s just my skin’s chemistry but this scent vanishes in a smoky instant so layering is a necessity.

Anyone who is turned off by vanilla fragrances must give this one a go. It is not your typical saccharine vanilla.

01st April, 2012

odysseusm's avatar

You want candy-sweet? This is candy-sweet.
    You want gourmand? This smells like a delicious dessert, something to have accompanied by a strong espresso.
    Toasty - biscuity notes of vanilla and toffee abound.
    For two seconds it seems nice (though incredibly sweet) but then on me it gets so tiresome and vanilla-centric that I have to wash it off. I wouldn't even like to encounter it on an attractive person.

22nd February, 2012

migjurado's avatar

Spain Spain

This is a nice vanilla. Sillage is wondeful and it lasts more than ten hours. It is a sweet smokey floral vanilla. It is dense, like an oil, and as many other lush scents it is not refined, the style is more direct, but it is sofisticated and it does not smell cheap at all. Although it is a heavy scent you can wear it in spring and it feels very good.

12th October, 2011

Oh_Hedgehog's avatar

Never has a vanilla perfume been so incontrovertibly sweet – tooth-stickingly sweet – and yet as sombre and mired in shadows as Vanillary. A chiaroscuro toffee-and-jasmine affair that lasts for hours and is worthy of serious contemplation.

27th May, 2011

• 4 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 4 days
    HIGHEST BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)