Icon
    by Gorilla Perfume [Lush] (orig. by Lush)

Average Rating:

Icon Fragrance notes

Myrrh, Orange Blossom, Bergamot, Mandarin, Sandalwood

Icon information

Icon is a unisex fragrance by Gorilla Perfume [Lush].

Reviews of Icon

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

wendolen's avatar

illyria's review mentions Icon aging well; I got my bottle through one of Lush's once-a-year "order a retro item in advance" sales. I loved the tester, but then when my bottle arrived and I applied it, I was startled to find the citrus notes competing with the dark ones to the point that it reminded me of Coca-Cola. That impression only lasted a few minutes, and it seems to have gone away as the bottle has aged.

On me, the sandalwood really forms a nice lasting duo with the myrrh, and the pair have amazing longevity. I'm surprised to see odysseusm say it's gone after four hours -- if a piece of clothing gets a good dose of Icon, I can still smell it after it's been through the laundry. Fortunate, then, that I like it and don't mind that the people who know me think of this as my signature scent.

03 May, 2012

odysseusm's avatar

I like this a lot! It is a challenging, unusual scent -- both quirky and addictive.
    It opens with herbal and woody notes. The style is dry and aromatic, and the mood is both bright and yet darkly brooding, with a slightly melancholy and introspective feeling. The myrrh gives a medicinal, piercing, bitter-rubber note which is oddly compelling. At times the scent seems very cool, with a minty - eucalyptus - camphoraceous aspect.
    The scent seems very simple to me -- essentially good myrrh. I don't get any orange blossom or any other notes apart from what the myrrh would provide.
    It goes on very powerful but it has medium longevity, fading in about four hours. That's OK, it could be reapplied as wished.

22 February, 2012

illyria's avatar

Lush's sister shop, the defunct BNTBB, had a scent called 'Om' for a while. It smelled like an incense sweetie (if that makes any sense..) It was nice as actual incense, but not very wearable as a scent. To me, Icon is a darker version of Om. (Or, I guess, Om was a lighter version of Icon, since Icon was created first).

When I first bought my bottle of Icon, I couldn't wear it. The notes didn't gel at all. It was like layering two different scents which did not play well together. So I put it in the back of the cupboard. I tried it again recently (this is about two years after buying it), and it seems to have aged well. It hangs together now, and I like it.

21st September, 2011

avanatty's avatar

Germany Germany

I absolutely adore this. Very dark, complex and unusual. At first it's a tad strong and almost medicinal, but very quickly it develops into something very, very unique. In my opinion, the description on the Gorilla Perfume website totally applies. "If this perfume was a man, he'd be a troubled literary genius dressed in crushed purple velvet. If it were a drink, it'd be the underground choice du jour for poetry appreciation groups. Churchy myrrh and intoxicating orange blossom absolute form hypnotic combinations in this impossible-to-forget fragrance."

09 October, 2010