Belle d'Opium (2010)

PerfumerHonorine Blanc
PerfumerAlberto Morillas
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About Belle d'Opium

Belle d'Opium is a feminine perfume by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Alberto Morillas and Honorine Blanc

Belle d'Opium fragrance notes

Reviews of Belle d'Opium

Salutation.

If you have always liked the glamor of the original OPIUM perfume,but found it too heavy or classic.Ok now you can easily experience it with a lighter and softer variation of it.Belle d'Opium is fearless and brilliant, with a delicate balance of softness and strength.

Luxurious,Sophisticated,Sensuous,Floral and Youthfully Alluring.The seductive blend of pepper,lily and floral meets with subtle hints of sandalwood as the base notes are simple yet sumptuous.Result?A Love Potion of the jars and a Seductive Smile of a sophisticated young lady.

Definitely Original OPIUM has a more mature character than this one.Belle d'Opium is suitable for AUTUMN/WINTER weather and a must wear for those SPECIAL nights out with your Honey.surrender of this,Essentially YSL is timeless.

Sillage?Magnificent.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

7.5/10
09th June, 2015
When I first tried this fragrance it left me feeling quite ill! I loved the pepperiness but it seemed to lack depth and didn't have a hint of sweetness, depth or sensuality (like the original which I adore).

But...

When the top notes faded away it was much gentler, a spicier more masculine version of the original, plain but pleasant. By the time it had dried down I was left with a beautiful peppery floral! It must have been my chemistry with the perfume but I ended up buying it as after the first 30 minutes of wear I am left with one of the most gorgeous, lingering scents I have encountered so far.

I bought a 30ml bottle to see if the top notes would grow on me.. 3 months later, I still have to cover my nose when I first spray it, but it is completely worth it.
13th March, 2014
I'm not sure it's fair to compare this to Opium, really. It's different enough to stand on its own imo. Not that it's a strong perfume, it's fairly delicate. Sweet but not sickly, with some nice spice undertones.
I actually like it worn along with Opium.
25th February, 2014
Smokey Floral

I really love it!!

I haven't tried Opium yet. And I see this as an advantage, since I can't compare it to its "mother perfume". I'm not misled or tricked by the word Opium in "Belle...".

It is very different to what I'm use to smelling on other people (I live in Argentina) and different to what I have in my collection, so I found it very unique! I like that it's smokey (looove the incense) and dark, but at the same time it has sparkle because of the flowery touch.
It's a very rich scent and of all the perfumes I tested that day , Belle was the one that had more depth to it, that wasn't so plain. To me, it's elegant and a well- made perfume.
Very nice indeed!!

Note: As I felt the first sniff I expected it to be a bit smokier; I was surprised (maybe influenced by the "Opium" part of the name and its reviews). I wasn't expecting something so flowery.. but as it dried down.... it began to work its magic. Give it a few minutes to win you over! Don't discard it at the first sniff! =)

By the way, on my skin it smells exactly as it smells on the paper, and it lasts a fair six hours.

24th May, 2013
What i smell under my nose? Well, at the beginning an haunting tea note or may be camomille (that i detect throughout), a touch of honey, citrus, some botanic/grassy accents and gardenia. The influence by lily and jasmine comes out at distance and not in a sort of accessorial way (especially the lily) but with dominant and sheer intensity while the soapiness is well balanced and just vaguely soothing. Nothing particular spicy or mysterious, namely an utterly different olfactory fatigue in comparison with its infamous old parent, the great Opium. The dry down is woody in a sort of light, vaguely aqueous, peppery and floral way with a sensual secret (sort of sweaty) feminine touch that is probably the best part of this modern and unpretentious concoction. I don't find the juice utterly sweet, expecially due to its sour lily surrounded by light woods and aqueous elements while the synthetic vibe is never out of control. I just say not bad and go on guys.
P.s: After a couple of hours the smell becomes smoother and a soft jasmine comes out with vague conjurations about the smoother and darker Jasmine Noir Bvlgari.
30th March, 2013 (last edited: 28th May, 2014)
I love Opium but it is a very strong fragrance. This version is lighter. Love it but won't buy again until they alter the design of the bottle - the plastic delivery tube does not reach the bottom so you get loads left in the bottle that you cannot use.
24th August, 2012

Add your review of Belle d'Opium

Shop for Belle d'Opium products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Belle d'Opium

There are no member images of Belle d'Opium yet. Why not be the first?