Acqua di Gioia (2010)

PerfumerAnne Flipo
PerfumerDominique Ropion
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Gioia

Acqua di Gioia is a feminine perfume by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Dominique Ropion, Anne Flipo and Loc Dong

Acqua di Gioia fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Gioia

ACQUA di GIOIA is an endless source of freshness and is pleasantly brisk too. It is not necessarily a really unique perfume but mixes nice on the skin. Juicy,Appealing,Yummy,Modern, Urban,Light Hearted and Aquatic.

Top notes of lemon and mint are joyful and fresh and fade into a floral heart of jasmine and especially peony and finally falling gently to the sweet and clean base of sugar and cedar as it scent reminds me of a cool spring day with a breeze in the air.

In my opinion ACQUA di GIOIA is a modern fragrance for ladies revitalizes and stimulates the senses.The delicately sweet scent comes in a beautiful bottle that makes it a perfect gift for a Young Lady.It is definitely for SPRING&SUMMER months.

Longevity?Average on my skin.

16th December, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Minty lime notes start it off, followed by a candy sugary drydown - the whole thing is more synthetic than a chemist's lab. Bland overall and boring. It lasts two hours only on my skin - that might not be such a bad thing after all...
22nd November, 2013
Kol Show all reviews

Waste of money Pure garbage wouldnt wear it for a bet

Pros: None
Cons: Everything

01st June, 2013
I loved this fragrance at one point, simply because I felt that it had a masculine, empowering tone which made it different from my other scents. I used to ADORE this because I felt that it was unique and original. Would I still feel the same now? Test notes below:

I note now that I must have sensed the lemon, which can make a scent seem masculine. As with most department store frags, it is a very sugared lemon. I also sense a sugary synthetic mint note (I usually don't like peppermint in my scents, but because this note is synthetic it may explain why I don't mind it too much). Some herb is coming through, like pepper, it makes the frag smell messy, like an accidental spill. Very aquatic; more watery than usual mainstream frags. I see that Fragrantica lists "sugar" as a note; not surprised. Something smells "off" now; I suspect it might be the synthetic mint note combining with something. This is a perfect fragrance for someone who wants to stay in the department store fragrance realm, but have something slightly different than the rest. It is different, but only in the mainstream realm. Compared to niche brands, this scent is just another one that'll be forgotten. It develops BEAUTIFULLY into some sort of burned brown sugar scent which I adore.

Verdict: The longevity (which is poor compared to the scents I am now used to) makes this hard to keep.
11th August, 2012
One part candy-sweet artificial fruit (mostly that fake strawberry that smells like cheap shampoo), one part green aquatic fake rose, and one part fabric softener "freshness", Acqua di Gioia is basically a mash-up that should at least be interesting, but is actually trying so incredibly hard to not offend anyone that it ends up fairly boring. In a way, it smells like the typical American girl who thinks perfume is cheezy, but instead walks around in a toxic haze of cheaply scented shampoo, lotion, detergent, fabric softener, lip balm, makeup, and a million other smelly products that kind of clash, but are all so synthetically sweet that they actually end up as fairly complementary. The only saving grace is the funny irony that, while Acqua di Gioia is trying very hard to appeal to girls who don't want to smell "perfumey", it's incredibly strong, leaving a fragrant wake of odor trailing far behind it in the fashion (if not the smell) of loud-ass perfumes of the past.
29th May, 2012
Simply a BEAUTIFUL fragrance. A nice and reasonably strong opening of lemon and mint. After the opening there is a nice peppery note and the jasmine becomes apparent, and then some nice woody notes. A very beautiful and interesting EDP that, even though it is floral and sweet, I feel is good for a man too. Why would I say that? Because I am a man and I wear this instead of very boring and ubiquitous Acqua di Gio for men (which I smell on so many men). If you are a confidant man and want a nice summery Acqua di Gio scent, consider this instead.

Am I the only man that likes this enough to wear it?
12th May, 2012

Add your review of Acqua di Gioia

Shop for Acqua di Gioia products online

Shop for Acqua di Gioia at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Acqua di Gioia

Member images of Acqua di Gioia

There are no member images of Acqua di Gioia yet. Why not be the first?