Acqua di Gioia (2010)
    by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Gioia Fragrance Notes

Shop for Acqua di Gioia products online

Reviews of Acqua di Gioia

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Minty lime notes start it off, followed by a candy sugary drydown - the whole thing is more synthetic than a chemist's lab. Bland overall and boring. It lasts two hours only on my skin - that might not be such a bad thing after all...

22 November, 2013

Kol's avatar
    Kol

Rubbish

Waste of money Pure garbage wouldnt wear it for a bet

Pros: None
    Cons: Everything

01st June, 2013

zubi's avatar
    zubi
    Kenya Kenya

I loved this fragrance at one point, simply because I felt that it had a masculine, empowering tone which made it different from my other scents. I used to ADORE this because I felt that it was unique and original. Would I still feel the same now? Test notes below:

I note now that I must have sensed the lemon, which can make a scent seem masculine. As with most department store frags, it is a very sugared lemon. I also sense a sugary synthetic mint note (I usually don't like peppermint in my scents, but because this note is synthetic it may explain why I don't mind it too much). Some herb is coming through, like pepper, it makes the frag smell messy, like an accidental spill. Very aquatic; more watery than usual mainstream frags. I see that Fragrantica lists "sugar" as a note; not surprised. Something smells "off" now; I suspect it might be the synthetic mint note combining with something. This is a perfect fragrance for someone who wants to stay in the department store fragrance realm, but have something slightly different than the rest. It is different, but only in the mainstream realm. Compared to niche brands, this scent is just another one that'll be forgotten. It develops BEAUTIFULLY into some sort of burned brown sugar scent which I adore.

Verdict: The longevity (which is poor compared to the scents I am now used to) makes this hard to keep.

11th August, 2012

rogalal's avatar
    rogalal

One part candy-sweet artificial fruit (mostly that fake strawberry that smells like cheap shampoo), one part green aquatic fake rose, and one part fabric softener "freshness", Acqua di Gioia is basically a mash-up that should at least be interesting, but is actually trying so incredibly hard to not offend anyone that it ends up fairly boring. In a way, it smells like the typical American girl who thinks perfume is cheezy, but instead walks around in a toxic haze of cheaply scented shampoo, lotion, detergent, fabric softener, lip balm, makeup, and a million other smelly products that kind of clash, but are all so synthetically sweet that they actually end up as fairly complementary. The only saving grace is the funny irony that, while Acqua di Gioia is trying very hard to appeal to girls who don't want to smell "perfumey", it's incredibly strong, leaving a fragrant wake of odor trailing far behind it in the fashion (if not the smell) of loud-ass perfumes of the past.

29 May, 2012

Akahina's avatar
    Akahina

Simply a BEAUTIFUL fragrance. A nice and reasonably strong opening of lemon and mint. After the opening there is a nice peppery note and the jasmine becomes apparent, and then some nice woody notes. A very beautiful and interesting EDP that, even though it is floral and sweet, I feel is good for a man too. Why would I say that? Because I am a man and I wear this instead of very boring and ubiquitous Acqua di Gio for men (which I smell on so many men). If you are a confidant man and want a nice summery Acqua di Gio scent, consider this instead.

Am I the only man that likes this enough to wear it?

12 May, 2012

Alam's avatar
    Alam

I like the commercials more than the fragrance. I don't think the commercials even suit the fragrance. I LOVE those commercials! So captivating. So breathtaking. So inspiring, invigorating, moving..this fragrance is really none of those things...this is a rather bland, short-lived, fruity aquatic that is as generic as it is uninspiring. I don't hate it, though. If someone were to buy it for me, I would wear it...but I don't think I would spend much money on it. Disappointing, really.

09 February, 2012