Bas de Soie (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseSerge Lutens
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Bas de Soie

Bas de Soie is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2010

Bas de Soie fragrance notes

Reviews of Bas de Soie

A very light iris, softened and sweetened a bit by hyacinth. It has none of the strength of Lutens' classic Iris Silver Mist, nor its leathery suede vibe.

This is an iris for those who like the scent but want to wear it, rather than have it wear them. It is so light that it takes many sprays to become aware of it and then it only lasts a few hours.

If one wants a perfect light iris, one's pocket book will be much happier with Prada's perfect Infusion d'Iris, which is my choice for that distinction. Bas de Soie never quite climbs as high as Prada's perfectly balanced composition.

Okay as a light iris, but Prada's is far better and far less expensive.

09th June, 2016
Bas de Soie is a very pleasant surprise. I think I’ve been putting off smelling it because I am not terribly fond of hyacinth as a note in perfumes, tending as it does to contribute a pale green, chalky texture to everything it touches. Well, at least that’s what I think what happened with Chamade and Nahema.

But the iris in this is of the soft, powdery sort you find in Guerlain face powders, and tames the sharp vegetal edges of the hyacinth in a most charming way. There is still that slightly gippy texture to it that recalls hairspray or white shirts with far too much starch sprayed onto them, but this loosens up quite a bit as the day goes on, the scent gaining a silky, powdery sweetness that I wouldn’t have guessed at early on.

The whole thing comes off as a lightly soapy, green iris perfume that just begs to be worn when you’re wishing spring forward a bit. A big green-yellow powder puff of a scent. Along the same general lines as Chamade, L’Heure Exquise, and Le Temps d’Une Fete, I think it would appeal to people looking for a softer, more floral rendition of iris – something with a bit of botanical warmth in its bones. Impossible to wear this perfume and not think that spring has sprung.
20th March, 2016

Bas de Soie is a pleasant iris scent – much fresher, less complex than Lutens’ Iris Silver Mist. Bas de Soie’s light iris note is coupled with the sharper hyacinth and a clean galbanum with provides a pleasant green floral accord.

It could perform better in the longevity department. It’s an adequate light scent even though it doesn’t seem to fit with the typical Lutens’ line-up of dramatic syrupiness. I guess my mind-fix has made it kind of disappointing for me, but Bas de Soie is well-made and highly wearable.
07th February, 2016
As another reviewer stated, this is a cold and stony scent - which in itself is not that bad, but I don't connect with it. And it is not because it is cold and stony - I actually am ok with that - I can be that at times, and reach for an aloof scent on occasion, when I am feeling my most introverted self. But this scent is just...dare I say it...boring!

I tried...oh how I tried to like it! I wanted to so bad - the notes were all right, the tone was right...why could this not work for me? It seemed the be everything I wanted for this genre, but it just sat on top of my skin...it never danced. It never gave me a performance. I waited. And waited. I wanted to feel the angular insanity others felt. I wanted to feel...ANYTHING! I nearly felt insane with waiting for something - anything to happen! the anticipatory anxiety nearly required a script!

I won't give this a negative/thumbs down because the notes ARE there...they just are not working for me...clearly they work for others, though. My bottle is sailing on the bay of e...
04th July, 2015
Genre: Floral

Adding a straightforward iris composition to a line already graced with Iris Silver Mist is a puzzling artistic stratagem. Did Lutens think he needed a less challenging, more “commercial” iris entry to take on the designers? Beats me.

At any rate, Bas de Soie is a perfectly pleasant, perfectly conventional, powdery aldehydic iris fragrance that adds nothing of interest to the Lutens line, nor anything distinctive to the fragrance market as a whole. Sure, the quality is fine, but for the price you could wear Chanel’s 28 La Pausa, which is even finer, Heeley’s Iris de Nuit, which is more original and exciting, or just go for Iris Silver Mist, which is both. Joins Louve, L’Eau Serge Lutens, and Nuit de Cellophane under the heading “Serge Lutens: Unnecessary.”
09th June, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Cool distance

Hyacinth and Iris are the main component, with a touch of freshness. Light, linear, pleasant, with all right silage and projection. Longevity nearly three hours.

10th August, 2013

Serge Lutens Bas de Soie 1.7 oz Spray Eau de Parfum

End Date: Thursday May-16-2019 5:34:33 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $130.32
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Serge Lutens assorted A - C sample 1ml spray vial new in box - choose your scent

End Date: Saturday May-18-2019 0:24:47 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $9.99

SERGE LUTENS BAS DE SOIE PERFUME EDP 50 ML 1.6 FL OZ NEW SEALED BOX

End Date: Sunday May-19-2019 7:52:08 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $82.99

Member images of Bas de Soie

There are no member images of Bas de Soie yet. Why not be the first?