Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower (2008)
    by Lolita Lempicka

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 46 ratings

Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower Fragrance Notes

Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower information

Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower is a women's fragrance by Lolita Lempicka. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

blood-orange's avatar

Initially I thought that Coral Flower was a less salty, more powdery vanilla than L de Lolita Lempicka. However, the more I smell this fragrance, the less convinced am I that it's vanilla that I'm smelling. Occasionally it smells like coconut milk and frangipani blooms.

It's quite tropical and beachy, possibly the most Summer appropriate scent from the house of Lolita Lempicka. The opening is lovely, a deliciously exotic blend of sugary lemon, vanilla orchid and frangipani.

In the heart the tropical aspect becomes stronger and more apparent, perhaps a little too synthetic at times as it did make me cringe. But give it some time, and eventually it smooths out into a powdery and delicate vanilla and coconut blend.

It has a somewhat calamine lotion type smell, which reminds me of Guerlain's Shalimar. This is further highlighted by the rich ambery-ness in the base.

Coral Flower is very likable. Even my mother who detests sweet scents often loved by the younger consumers, adored this. It's a nice change from those fruity florals and citrus aromatics which are often suggested for Summer.

09th April, 2012

KarmaLee's avatar

The bottle's cuteness lifts my spirits. It is not a "white noise" floral, but instead a sweetly warm floral grounded by a just-right amber quality. It sits close to my skin and almost smells like my hands after I cut wildflowers.

The sillage seems fair, and the drydown seems subtle but long-lasting. It might be a spring day scent when I don't want something overpowering.

17th March, 2012

amelie.rose's avatar

I wore this fragrance a lot in the summer because it has a freshness to it. It is very strong, 1-2 sprays is more than enough. After a while it got too much for me and I had to stop wearing it for a while, although I did come back to it sometimes. I think I have some type of love-hate relationship with it... I can't quite leave it alone but I can't truly love it either. Its weakness to me is a noticeable synthetic smell.... I would have liked for "coral flower" to smell less chemical and more floral, light ... Overall, it is a pleasant scent though and as long as you use it sparingly, the synthetic quality won't be overbearing.

14th October, 2011 (Last Edited: 24th October, 2011)

BetsyMeszaros's avatar

I got this as a sample when I ordered something for my husband. I absolutely love it and he loves it on me. It is not too floral or sweet. Although it is suppose to have a lot of vanilla in it I really don't detect it too much. This is unusual since I tend to like the vanilla perfumes and although this is one of those the vanilla doesn't come through so strong on me. That makes it something really different from what I usually wear.

Am I the only one that thinks this has overtones of Opium?

Somehow I feel like someone took the best of Shalimar, Opium and Dune and blended them all together.

I was very disappointed to find out this is a special edition and has been discontinued. I bought 4 bottles of it immediately.

My only complaint it it doesn't seem to last more then a couple of hours on me.

09th September, 2011 (Last Edited: 28th October, 2014)

anacasales's avatar

Brazil Brazil

I bought it on my second trip to Paris... now everytime I use I can only dream of Champs Elysees. It is a very long lasting sultry fraqance. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. Thumbs way up!

27th April, 2011

Primrose's avatar

This is a very unique scent. I enjoy the scent of frangipani and this has a strong note of this exotic tropical flower along with some light gourmand sweetness in the vanilla.

This is a lightly sweet scent not bound to be worn by everyone. As to how much sweetness one can endure, I suggest you try this before buying.

First off, the bottle is adorable and continuing with the mermaid theme first used in L de Lempicka. There is not as much cinnamon in Coral Flower as with the L de Lempicka, and more floral notes.

The crisp citrus top notes fade quickly into the floral/sweet vanilla mid-notes and then slowly descends into the base of a musky, amber and wood.

This has excellent longevity and a good amount of sillage.

15th November, 2010