Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower (2008)
by Lolita Lempicka

Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower information

Year of Launch2008
AvailabilityDiscontinued / Limited Edition

HouseLolita Lempicka
PerfumerMaurice Roucel
Parent CompanyAmore Pacific

About Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower

Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower is a feminine perfume by Lolita Lempicka. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel

Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower fragrance notes

Reviews of Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower

I inherited a (very cute) bottle of this from a perfume friend who was really into tobacco/tonka scents, so that's what I smell as the heart of Coral Flower. I smell dry tobacco leaves spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, with the sweet, musky paper bag smell of tonka, with just a hint of gasoline. All of this is then wrapped in marshmallow fluff, but fuzzy and comforting, like a warm cashmere blanket.

All together, it's youthful but dirty, kind of like a Japanese anime girl whose childish playfulness is sexualized. The musk is unapologetic, but the sweet elements and the fuzzy warmth are fun, and somehow the combination doesn't come across as contradictory, but perfectly natural together.

Personally speaking, I don't like tonka musks very much, so I'm voting neutral, but I think this is an extremely well thought out perfume, so I can understand the following it has.
13th May, 2016
Fleur de Corail is a delightful milky-tropical floral scent. It is very straightforward and remains much the same from top to bottom, minus a little of the citrus as things move along. It smells vaguely of peach, banana, pineapple, ylang, and honeysuckle without actually (on paper) containing any of them. A fantastic use of the multifaceted frangipani, and a pleasantly understated release from the house of Lempicka.
21st February, 2016
Initially I thought that Coral Flower was a less salty, more powdery vanilla than L de Lolita Lempicka. However, the more I smell this fragrance, the less convinced am I that it's vanilla that I'm smelling. Occasionally it smells like coconut milk and frangipani blooms.

It's quite tropical and beachy, possibly the most Summer appropriate scent from the house of Lolita Lempicka. The opening is lovely, a deliciously exotic blend of sugary lemon, vanilla orchid and frangipani.

In the heart the tropical aspect becomes stronger and more apparent, perhaps a little too synthetic at times as it did make me cringe. But give it some time, and eventually it smooths out into a powdery and delicate vanilla and coconut blend.

It has a somewhat calamine lotion type smell, which reminds me of Guerlain's Shalimar. This is further highlighted by the rich ambery-ness in the base.

Coral Flower is very likable. Even my mother who detests sweet scents often loved by the younger consumers, adored this. It's a nice change from those fruity florals and citrus aromatics which are often suggested for Summer.
09th April, 2012
The bottle's cuteness lifts my spirits. It is not a "white noise" floral, but instead a sweetly warm floral grounded by a just-right amber quality. It sits close to my skin and almost smells like my hands after I cut wildflowers.

The sillage seems fair, and the drydown seems subtle but long-lasting. It might be a spring day scent when I don't want something overpowering.

17th March, 2012
I wore this fragrance a lot in the summer because it has a freshness to it. It is very strong, 1-2 sprays is more than enough. After a while it got too much for me and I had to stop wearing it for a while, although I did come back to it sometimes. I think I have some type of love-hate relationship with it... I can't quite leave it alone but I can't truly love it either. Its weakness to me is a noticeable synthetic smell.... I would have liked for "coral flower" to smell less chemical and more floral, light ... Overall, it is a pleasant scent though and as long as you use it sparingly, the synthetic quality won't be overbearing.
14th October, 2011 (last edited: 24th October, 2011)
I got this as a sample when I ordered something for my husband. It is not too floral or sweet. Although it is suppose to have a lot of vanilla in it I really don't detect it too much. This is unusual since I tend to like the vanilla perfumes and although this is one of those the vanilla doesn't come through so strong on me. That makes it something really different from what I usually wear.

Am I the only one that thinks this has overtones of Opium?

My only complaint it it doesn't seem to last more then a couple of hours on me.

Since this was a limited edition I have bought several bottles. I like this a lot.
09th September, 2011 (last edited: 28th November, 2015)

Add your review of Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower

Shop for Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower products online

Search Amazon for Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower

Member images of Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower

There are no member images of Fleur de Corail / Coral Flower yet. Why not be the first?