Fico d'India
by Ortigia

Fico d'India information

HouseOrtigia

About Fico d'India

Fico d'India is a shared / unisex perfume by Ortigia.

Fico d'India fragrance notes

Reviews of Fico d'India

There is one review of Fico d'India.
This scent is made using a giant cactus with bright orange flowers, indigenous to Sicily, and opens with the strong smell of freshly cut stems that have been frozen in ice; green, cold, cedary and ever so slightly citric with a hint of flora. Interestingly, and equally, I also get a dry, minutely sweet, smokey tobacco note alongside the greenery that creates a wonderfully unusual partnership.

The dry down softens the top notes and introduces a whispering creamy vanilla to warm things up a little, and maybe, just maybe, a tiny hint of banana leaf.

It may just be my chemistry but after an hour or two I'd say this fragrance becomes gourmand. The cool greenery has all but gone and you're left with something that smells like a good quality vanilla ice-cream with a hint of coconut. There's still a hint of powdery flora, too, never soapy. I'm not a fan of vanilla or gourmands in general, but I really like what this becomes.

Too me, this is a scent that was made with summer in mind and is perfectly unisex. Depending on the weather, I find the green elements can stick around a lot longer. The coconut accord comes and goes, too. Sometimes it never appears, other times, I get a huge burst of suncream. What ever Fico decides to disclose, never disappoints.

All in all, an unusual scent that gets a lot of compliments. I love it!
20th September, 2012

Add your review of Fico d'India

Shop for Fico d'India products online

Shop for Fico d'India at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fico d'India

Member images of Fico d'India

There are no member images of Fico d'India yet. Why not be the first?