L'Essence de Cerutti (2009)
    by Cerruti

L'Essence de Cerutti Fragrance Notes

Reviews of L'Essence de Cerutti

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.
    positive 14 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

funhuntr's avatar
    funhuntr
    Philippine Philippine

The best of what I like in a bottle

Lovely creamy leather scent that is still under the rader for a lot of BNers. It's a smooth and buttery leather, as opposed to jarring animalistic leathers which I have little experience with (and I don't think will have a place in my closet). Nice blend with the woods and amber - the drydown is soft like a warm hush. Gives a sophisticated air and a quiet confidence to the wearer, also to me it's very comforting. This short review doesn't give the fragrance any justice at all. I'm so happy with this purchase.

21st October, 2013

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

A marvel of creative modern elegance

Having picked up a bottle at an ultra-knockdown price and not expecting much, I was immediately amazed at the beauty of the bergamot-drenched light peppery incense top note, which was nigh velvety in its texture. It only got better: a light woody drydown with white suede and saffron merged into a base of amber and white musk. Always light and nigh ephemeral, exceptionally well-blended and exuding elegance without any hint of stuffiness. Poor silage and projection on my skin, but a decent longevity of over four hours, albeit close to my skin. An exceptional fragrance.

17 July, 2013

jimmysmellworld's avatar
    jimmysmellworld

I really like this fragrance. The notes have been partnered and blended so well that they're barely distinguishable and in that perhaps there is something missing, something slightly off beat which makes the best fragrances stand out. Saying that, the sweet leather aura with a the bergamot and musk in the dry down is wonderful, perfect for any occasion. A fragrance that will be universally liked I'm sure, so I won't hesitate at recommending a blind buy to anyone, considering the silly prices this can be found at.

06 April, 2013

sjg3839's avatar
    sjg3839

This one starts out sweet on the initial spray. After a few minutes, it turns into a slight leather and wood scent that still remains kind of sweet. This one will grow on you. Not heavy or cloying and one you will enjoy. I purchased a 1.7 oz bottle and can see myself purchasing a 3.4 when this runs out.

That says a lot for a frag I just purchased.

20th February, 2013

mlsweeney's avatar
    mlsweeney

Starts off with a blast of pepper and bergamot so you get that spicy lemon feel to it. Drys down to a very heavy leather (I've never worn a leather so this might actually be tame compared to the other leather fragrances.). I don't get a very woody feel to it but I definitely detect the amber in the base as well. Probably one of the best values I've ever got for my money. It's a solid fragrance for a cheap price.

9.2/10

25 January, 2013

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar
    Andrewthecologneguy
    Nigeria Nigeria

Incense and leather come together like a trusted sidekick who never speaks out of turn. It is very masculine, but not in the abbraisive way, which I think is the genius here. Sharp edges that mange to be somewhat blunt to the touch. I can wear this and not feel like anyone would be offended, that shows the harmony this fragrance presents. I would rather wear this than YSL L'Homme for example.

17 October, 2012