Tribute Attar (2009)

Tribute Attar information

Year of Launch2009

HouseAmouage

About Tribute Attar

Tribute Attar is a shared / unisex perfume by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Tribute Attar

The Red Box version is definitely a bit softer and a tiny bit rosier (especially in the dry down), while the Black Box version is definitely smokier and somewhat darker. I think it was sciencegirl who said the Red Box was a cigar to the Black Box' cigarette. I think this is a perfect analogy. They are both really amazing if you are into smokey, campfire scents. They also feel a bit monolithic to me, with not enough changes to keep me interested indefinitely, so neither is something I would invest in, ALTHOUGH, the longer I wear them and the softer they become, the more I find myself thinking, "Hmm, maybe..."

Now that a few hours have gone by, I (pure blasphemy, I know) actually enjoy the Black Box version a bit more than the Red Box. BB is a bit less sweet, and seems to emphasize the frankincense more. (By the end of the day, I'll probably have reversed my position, so take my impressions here with a large grain of sea salt!)
27th January, 2019
This has so many things I love in a fragrance hitting my nose right from the start...I get the dirty and smoky orange rind that some people mention , but it lurks behind other facets...for me to get some enjoyment from that note i have to take a slow deep inhale and pause to catch on to it...dark/brooding/gothic/smoky are some of the descriptors that come to mind...an overall animalic feel...no civet or castoreum or anything along those lines...more of just an overall sense of wild feral animals roaming a dark wood with an ocassional wild rose blooming here and there...deep/rich/dark tobacco leaves...leather is there too...there's seems to be a lot of people out there that put this fragrance up on a pedestal, call it an oriental masterpiece and claim they found their holy grail...well, I have to say , I understand where they are coming from cause I'm on board with that...one of the most awesome fragrances I've ever smelled...get some great wood tones as it dries down...and, it goes without saying, this has a tremendous sprinkling of incense throughout...another one for my wish list... ( I do have a small decant what I believe was the most current version )...not a harsh smoke in this to my nose...more of a sweet smoke...IMHO , I think that Myths Man and Interlude Man are a sort of offshoot of this blueprint....mysterious deep dark rich smoky orientals...but that's just me...oh, and overall...this was definitely a incense/tobacco/leather scent to my nose...the rose did not really stand out for me...it's there, but not a key player to me..
18th June, 2018
Another admirer. Smoke, leather, and tobac kind of like what you get in a good strong lapsang souchong tea at remarkable density. It's not meaty though. Flowers or incense? Perhaps, but in this mix they don't pop for me.

An absolute favorite.
03rd January, 2018
Wearing Tribute Attar (from the black box, at least) makes me smell like a cigarette smoker, but an especially good-smelling one. I like it.

It's not perfect, but it's quite interesting. It is something I would be interested in wearing from time to time. I would feel confident of making a positive impression wearing this. It's strong and memorable. It's an exciting sampling experience. It is crazy smoky, in a good way, borderline overboard, but just the right side of tasteful. An enthusiastic thumbs up for this nuclear-strength, smoky, tobacco bomb.
23rd December, 2017
Stardate 20171115:

I was looking forward to this. I think my expectations were way too high as this did not meet them.
Smoke and cedar without the dryness. And after a while rose shows up.
A very well constructed attar but I do not feel the urge to wear it. No chemistry with me.

16th November, 2017
BLACK BOX
Whoa!!
Prepare to have your head snap back and eyes to roll.
Totally Masculine,Dark, Smokey Incensed, chewable Leather animalic backbone. Reminiscent to Leather Oud.
The Rose emerges slowly from the pouch laced with Saffron tea and Jasmine refined Petroleum. Patchouli and Ganja swirl around to come off as a slightly sweetened Aromatic Tobacco. Vetiver adds a Peppery textured background.
If this sounds simple, the perfume is not.
It is rich with the nuances of first class ingredient, exploding in slow motion with a feel of pure Silk.

RED BOX
Opens with a Camphourous Patchouli. Otherwise almost identical, Masculine Smokey Silk.
27th August, 2017 (last edited: 28th August, 2017)

Add your review of Tribute Attar

Shop for Tribute Attar products online

Amouage TRIBUTE attar 12ml for women and men new

End Date: Friday Apr-26-2019 11:27:10 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $399.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage Attar TRIBUTE 6 ML 'D E C A N T'

End Date: Sunday Apr-28-2019 4:25:39 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $168.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage Attar TRIBUTE 12 ML 'D E C A N T'

End Date: Sunday Apr-28-2019 4:27:33 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $299.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage Attar TRIBUTE 3 ML 'D E C A N T'

End Date: Sunday Apr-28-2019 21:17:24 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $99.00

Amouage Red Box Tribute Attar 12ml Pre-owned

$290.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Sunday Apr-28-2019 21:20:16 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

Red Box Amouage Attar TRIBUTE 12 ML. New sealed box.

End Date: Wednesday May-8-2019 8:26:36 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $409.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage TRIBUTE Perfume Oil / Attar - 1/4 ML Sample Vial ( ( (DISCONTINUED) ) )

End Date: Saturday May-11-2019 22:24:36 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $59.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Red Box Amouage Attar TRIBUTE 30 ML. New sealed box.

End Date: Sunday May-12-2019 6:49:29 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $679.00

Amouage TRIBUTE attar perfume oil 12ml unisex new

End Date: Wednesday May-15-2019 12:14:51 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $401.00

Member images of Tribute Attar

There are no member images of Tribute Attar yet. Why not be the first?