Poppy (2010)

Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > BeautyBank

About Poppy

Poppy is a feminine perfume by Coach. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Poppy

I found this fragrance to be undescribably nasty, but I'll give it a try. Think of the Juicy Fruit gum we used to chew, add a little more sugar, and make it oppressive, damp, and so sweet you expect it to crystalize on your skin when you spray it on, and you have Coach Poppy.
17th September, 2012
Very sweet on me from top to finish. On the day I sampled this, a friend mistakenly attributed the sillage to fruity bubble gum (& asked if he could have a piece)!
12th September, 2011
I think this smells great, especially for the spring and summer!!! Plan to buy a bottle!
03rd May, 2011
Poppy opens up with a watery-sweet amalgamation featuring lily, freesia, and cucumber, the combination of which usually reminds me of various bath products. It is rescued from this by a gourmand undertone like 'dessert berries' -- fruity and a little dense. Watery and dense? Now I see... Coach is trying here to capitalize on the fruity-floral successes of the Princess and Juicy Couture lines, but stumbles a bit in the clumsy delivery. Poppy is competent, strong and lasting, generally well-made, but is noticeably shorter than her contemporaries. Give her a break - She's a nice kid who just wants to be noticed by the popular girls!
30th April, 2011
Smelled exactly like cotton candy to me. Too sweet and fruity, especially for hot, humid summers. I'm afraid I'd feel sticky! Maybe for a younger lady as someone mentioned. But I'm not feeling this this one at all.

To be fair, it was only tested on the paper. I couldn't bear to put it on my arm as I was afraid it wouldn't wash off easily and would turn into something truly sickly sweet. So maybe on skin it could have become more pleasant, but I wasn't willing to take that leap of faith.
29th April, 2011 (last edited: 15th May, 2011)
I tested this from a sample that I finished off today. It's a fruity floral fragrance, and it just doesn't grab me. I didn't like it the first time I tried it on my arm, because it seemed too aggressively fruity and a bit harsh. This grew on me a little when I lightly spritzed this on me last night. It seemed bright and refreshing. The scent makes me think of the color orange. I liked it enough to wear it to work today. It's easy to wear and pleasant enough. It didn't seem to change much over time. This is an edp and the lasting power was pretty good - I could still easily smell it at the end of the workday. But it doesn't really do anything for me and by lunchtime I needed to spritz a different fragrance on one wrist to have something interesting to smell. It was kind of fun to sample, but it's one of those fragrances I don't need to try again.
24th August, 2010

Add your review of Poppy

Shop for Poppy products online

Shop for Poppy at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Poppy

Member images of Poppy

There are no member images of Poppy yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads