Poppy (2010)

Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > BeautyBank

About Poppy

Poppy is a feminine perfume by Coach. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Poppy

At my first try, I really liked the refreshing cucumber notes and the candy notes, and thought that it smelled better than Katy Perry's Purr. After a few wears, I kinda got tired of the scent. It's a sweet yet mediocre scent after all.
10th August, 2015
I found this fragrance to be undescribably nasty, but I'll give it a try. Think of the Juicy Fruit gum we used to chew, add a little more sugar, and make it oppressive, damp, and so sweet you expect it to crystalize on your skin when you spray it on, and you have Coach Poppy.
17th September, 2012
Very sweet on me from top to finish. On the day I sampled this, a friend mistakenly attributed the sillage to fruity bubble gum (& asked if he could have a piece)!
12th September, 2011
I think this smells great, especially for the spring and summer!!! Plan to buy a bottle!
03rd May, 2011
Poppy opens up with a watery-sweet amalgamation featuring lily, freesia, and cucumber, the combination of which usually reminds me of various bath products. It is rescued from this by a gourmand undertone like 'dessert berries' -- fruity and a little dense. Watery and dense? Now I see... Coach is trying here to capitalize on the fruity-floral successes of the Princess and Juicy Couture lines, but stumbles a bit in the clumsy delivery. Poppy is competent, strong and lasting, generally well-made, but is noticeably shorter than her contemporaries. Give her a break - She's a nice kid who just wants to be noticed by the popular girls!
30th April, 2011
Smelled exactly like cotton candy to me. Too sweet and fruity, especially for hot, humid summers. I'm afraid I'd feel sticky! Maybe for a younger lady as someone mentioned. But I'm not feeling this this one at all.

To be fair, it was only tested on the paper. I couldn't bear to put it on my arm as I was afraid it wouldn't wash off easily and would turn into something truly sickly sweet. So maybe on skin it could have become more pleasant, but I wasn't willing to take that leap of faith.
29th April, 2011 (last edited: 15th May, 2011)

Add your review of Poppy

Shop for Poppy products online

Shop for Poppy at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Poppy

Member images of Poppy

There are no member images of Poppy yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads