Balsamo della Mecca/ Mecca Balsam (2010)
    by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo

Average Rating: 4

Based on 39 ratings

Balsamo della Mecca/ Mecca Balsam Fragrance notes

Labdanum, Tonka, Frankincense Indian tuberose, Tobacco, Damask Rose

Balsamo della Mecca/ Mecca Balsam information

Balsamo della Mecca/ Mecca Balsam is a unisex fragrance by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Balsamo della Mecca/ Mecca Balsam

Showing 1 to 6 of 13 reviews.
    positive 13 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Darvant's avatar

Well, another great La Via del Profumo's dense potion to enjoy on skin as a diverse new sensorial journey across the universe of really natural oily perfumery. As well as already written around before, the Dubrana's inspiration for Mecca Balsam came properly from his own journey to the sacre arabian city of Mecca. He composed this olfactory experiment in order to encapsulate the olfactory signature of the Holy City itself and “the trail of a million scents in the wake of the pilgrims”. Mecca Balsam is a visceral spicy-oriental growing up progressively on your skin as an hypnotic potion of mysticism, exoticism and sacredness. The dramatic opening is a swirling and misty (yes absolutely complicated) spicy/resinous fist on your face. Dubrana surprises indeed us with a welcome of luxurious spicy frankincense supported by a touch of smoke and hyper-realistic oud. This opening is more than vaguely liturgical since the note of incense appears resinous and like exhaling straight from a burning censer while you can detect in the air the waxy aroma of the evaporating candles. I detect by soon several Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant/Norma Kamali Incense/Etro Messe de Minuit/Jovoy La Liturgie des Heures's references but also the stormy spicy Terenzi Ecstasy/Piguet Casbah's complicacy jumps on mind. I really like this seriously encompassing opening which is highly evocative and superbly austere. It seems to detect by soon luxurious bergamot (providing a sense of "palatin decadence"), cloves and may be cumin (it seems for a while to detect also aldehydes but I'm almost sure those are not present while the "spacious" effect is provided by an association of "airy" spices- may be coriander?- oudh, possibly fir resins and frankincense). Probably a touch of tobacco is inserted in the recipe, a sort of pipe tobacco effect seems after a while to emerge indeed joining the spicy-liturgic accord. Along the central stage an heady note of dark-green labdanum seems to embrace in to a pacifing musky hug all the burning and spicy elements as supported by resinous myrrh, natural oudh and probably benzoin in a way the aroma becomes softer, smoother almost balmy though still incensey and more than vaguely smokey/tobacco flavoured. The dry down holds on to be resinous, woody (probably rosewood, it seems like this anyway) and still soapy/incensey. A final note of carnal amber seems to finally emerge in to a so sticky and rosey "outline". This fantastic incensey resinous and rosey dry down conjures me more than vaguely the Tiziana Terenzi Ecstasy's woody resinous final evolution, being it so ambery-incensey, woody, tobacco rounded and rosey (among the previous fragrance and the Dubrana's Mecca Balsam we record indeed a common foundation of several key elements as amber, incense, may be fir resins, high quality oudh, rose, probably hints of patchouli, tobacco/tonka, labdanum and ancient woods). Frankly any trace of listed tuberose (nor vanilla) dances under my profane nose. The final trail is moderately sweet, surprisingly subtle and highly wearable. Another fantastic potion from the talented performer Dominique Dubrana alias Salaam.

15 June, 2014 (Last Edited: 13 September, 2014)

Spookie's avatar

Tall, dark and soulful

This one is an experience rather than a list of notes. Warm and comforting, this is a scent I reach for when it's been a long day or promises to be one. It wraps me up. To be honest if scents can have a soul then I think this one has the soul of a healer. A sexy healer! I would totally go to bed with this perfume- and have. Wait am I getting off-topic? I might add I've been dab dabbing this frag from my small sample bottle so it might be a bit different sprayed. When I run out it is going on my full bottle list. Lasts all day, or all night.

Pros: warm, enduring and strangely compassionate
    Cons:

18 July, 2013

iivanita's avatar

Croatia Croatia

this one is all about labdanum:resinous , spicy , with some tobacco and loads of frankincense, that i mixed for some pepper

it opens up like a blast of some herbaceous spices including pepper , for a soup :)....gourmand like to my nose, and then goes on heated by the body heat for hours, like it melts layer by layer, its dense, resinous, sweetish scent with lot of spices, a little bit dark

its very longlasting for natural perfume, and has really nice projection!!

the experience of natural perfumery is so unique, all those scents they seem like heavy oils they are not pumped up by synthetics and not flying sky high like a bubble :)they stay closer to the skin, emanating beautiful natural smell layer by layer and it probably takes big master to make all natural perfume that is wearable and that doesnt smell raw.

this one is unique, and i like it but i did get the feeling when i wore it that its not for this world :) its for special purposes , some religious ceremonies....transcendental, the name fits it perfectly it does feel like balsamic!healing the soul :)

14 November, 2012

chumpowie's avatar

There are times when it's fun and useful to burrow into the components of a scent, meditate on its evolution though time and its interaction with my skin.

Balsamo della Mecca is one a handful of scents I have experienced as balanced enough to be experienced as one thing, one overall experience... and I find the experience to be completely lovely.

It has a traditional masculine quality without being cliche. It's what I've searched for and I am delighted to have found it at last.

Now, after a good number of months living with it, i find myself using it less... not because I don't still hold it in the highest esteem... but because I fear running out.

19 January, 2012 (Last Edited: 13 June, 2012)

skutubu's avatar

My nose is not good enough to decipher ingredients so I will leave it to others to do that far better than I can. With that said this is one of the best fragrances I've ever come across. I find myself smelling my wrist without even thinking about it when I have this on. It definitely has a calming effect on me. I have the concentrate and it lasts at least 7 hours on me.

04 January, 2012

hoschhti's avatar

Germany Germany

Words cannot describe the beauty of this composition, so I won't even try. Might be the holy grail!

10th November, 2011