Balsamo della Mecca/ Mecca Balsam (2010)
    by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo

Balsamo della Mecca/ Mecca Balsam Fragrance notes

Labdanum, Tonka, Frankincense Indian tuberose, Tobacco, Damask Rose

Reviews of Balsamo della Mecca/ Mecca Balsam

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.
    positive 11 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Spookie's avatar
    Spookie

Tall, dark and soulful

This one is an experience rather than a list of notes. Warm and comforting, this is a scent I reach for when it's been a long day or promises to be one. It wraps me up. To be honest if scents can have a soul then I think this one has the soul of a healer. A sexy healer! I would totally go to bed with this perfume- and have. Wait am I getting off-topic? I might add I've been dab dabbing this frag from my small sample bottle so it might be a bit different sprayed. When I run out it is going on my full bottle list. Lasts all day, or all night.

Pros: warm, enduring and strangely compassionate
    Cons:

18 July, 2013

iivanita's avatar
    iivanita
    Croatia Croatia

this one is all about labdanum:resinous , spicy , with some tobacco and loads of frankincense, that i mixed for some pepper

it opens up like a blast of some herbaceous spices including pepper , for a soup :)....gourmand like to my nose, and then goes on heated by the body heat for hours, like it melts layer by layer, its dense, resinous, sweetish scent with lot of spices, a little bit dark

its very longlasting for natural perfume, and has really nice projection!!

the experience of natural perfumery is so unique, all those scents they seem like heavy oils they are not pumped up by synthetics and not flying sky high like a bubble :)they stay closer to the skin, emanating beautiful natural smell layer by layer and it probably takes big master to make all natural perfume that is wearable and that doesnt smell raw.

this one is unique, and i like it but i did get the feeling when i wore it that its not for this world :) its for special purposes , some religious ceremonies....transcendental, the name fits it perfectly it does feel like balsamic!healing the soul :)

14 November, 2012

chumpowie's avatar
    chumpowie

There are times when it's fun and useful to burrow into the components of a scent, meditate on its evolution though time and its interaction with my skin.

Balsamo della Mecca is one a handful of scents I have experienced as balanced enough to be experienced as one thing, one overall experience... and I find the experience to be completely lovely.

It has a traditional masculine quality without being cliche. It's what I've searched for and I am delighted to have found it at last.

Now, after a good number of months living with it, i find myself using it less... not because I don't still hold it in the highest esteem... but because I fear running out.

19 January, 2012 (Last Edited: 13 June, 2012)

skutubu's avatar
    skutubu

My nose is not good enough to decipher ingredients so I will leave it to others to do that far better than I can. With that said this is one of the best fragrances I've ever come across. I find myself smelling my wrist without even thinking about it when I have this on. It definitely has a calming effect on me. I have the concentrate and it lasts at least 7 hours on me.

04 January, 2012

hoschhti's avatar
    hoschhti
    Germany Germany

Words cannot describe the beauty of this composition, so I won't even try. Might be the holy grail!

10th November, 2011

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

If I can sum this scent in one word it would be this: COMPLEX. It took me more than a few days of wearing before realizing I came nowhere close to unraveling its mysteries.

On my skin BALSAMO DELLA MECCA plays a symphony comprising of three main accords: balsamic labdanum, dry frankincense and aromatic tobacco, interspersed with the nuanced sweetness of dried fruits. The rose note is subtle at best, wearing close to the skin. Overall I find the scent warm and inviting with a texture that is dry but not quite as dusty nor as Lutens-like syrupy as I had initially feared. I don't know if it's my skin but the tobacco is surprisingly tenacious.

Despite its formidable charms, it failed to move me though I smiled a little when I caught a glimpse of a cleverly hidden tuberose. Perhaps I have simply grown accustomed to the composer's use of labdanum and tobacco as a central axis ( try Grezzo, Gringo, Don Corleone & Tabac). I also suspect some of the more glowing reviews could have been influenced at least in part by its rather exotic name and the association it carries with the annual Muslim pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca. But it matters not. For what it's worth, I think this release is nothing short of 'stellar'.

12 August, 2011