Aventus (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Aventus

The exceptional Aventus was inspired by the dramatic life of a historic emperor, celebrating strength, power and success. Introduced in 2010 and crafted by the deft hand of Sixth Generation Master Perfumer Olivier Creed in collaboration with his son Erwin, this scent has grown to become the best-selling fragrance in the history of the brand. Olivier created its iconic name derived from a ("from") ventus ("the wind"), illustrating the Aventus man as destined to live a driven life, ever galloping with the wind at his back toward success. Aventus is a sophisticated blend for individuals who savor a life well-lived.

Aventus fragrance notes

Reviews of Aventus

Fresh cut grass with a dry paper note followed by a very nice bergamot. Despite reading other countless reviews in regards to the pineapple notes, I didn't find any.

I've tried Aventus several times and I find it hard to describe it except I really like it. Even with the same sample it seems to compliment changes in body chemistry in a pleasant way. On my husband Aventus smells familiar yet so different than when I wear it. Despite this being marketed toward men, I find I can easily wear it too.
30th December, 2019
Second Creed bottle Iíve purchased, second Iíve been happy with. There have been some great informative reviews, so Iíll try and do something difference and give a novices take to other newcomers:

1) Ignore the BS, toxic masculinity and white noise, just focus on the fragrance

2) Batch variation might be of use to refer to on your second or third bottle, but donít sweat it. I have a 2019 batch that smells great - not super smoky in the opening, leans much more heavily on pineapple and black currant, the birch is understated, but itís definitely balanced. More birch smoke would be nice, and at this price point itís a painus in the anus to know Iíve just missed out, but I have neither the patience nor the budget to go hunting for an elusive unicorn batch. I can live with the slightly fruitier version.

Bear in mind, several long term users report the difference in skin scent may be noticed by the wearer with batch variation, but the overall scent cloud seems to project with a fairly consistent aroma to others.

To keep things simple Iím happy with my purchase, even if Aventus does seem like it would be the signature scent of a modern Patrick Bateman.

I have zero desire to ďconverseĒ with the alpha dude bros who worship at the altar of Aventus, but I can appreciate it for what it is. If you can internally justify the price/value proposition, thumbs up.

Update: Iím not sure if this is unique to me or my current situation (high levels of stress), but Iíve gone functionally anosmic to Aventus today. Itís still projecting well and Iím being complimented, but I canít notice it at all myself.
07th November, 2019 (last edited: 08th November, 2019)
I'm trying samples of Creed Aventus from 2013 (13T01) and 2016 (16C01).

The opening of the older version is nicer, and it does smell smokier, although not that smokey. The older version is easily more likable, easier to approach.

The 2016 version also has a lot of character. The opening is a reformulation fail, to my nose. I might have guessed this is a flanker, and not just a reformulation. After a bit of time, I can barely smell the older version, and the newer version smells ok, fairly interesting, to be fair. The woods are maybe more interesting in the newer version, more consistent, more present.

These are nice, modern-smelling fragrances, but I think I'd be just as happy wearing Boss No. 6.

The olfactory fatigue with the older Aventus is dramatic and real, in my case. Sometimes I can't even smell it up close where I sprayed it. That is not happening with the newer version.

About Zangad's review a couple down, I just read it and I can totally see what he's talking about. Aventus is right at the line of cloying. The best thing is the opening of the old version.
29th October, 2019 (last edited: 30th October, 2019)
Look, I don't like pineapple. It's not just the taste, if you put one pineapple slice on a pizza the whole pie tastes like it, and that's what I feel the central problem with this fragrance is. But I think it's also why people love it.

It starts out with a rather rich fruit bouquet, although pineapple seems to overpower everything like it normally does, which then rots into something different as it dries, mixes into something that isn't actually all that bad somehow. It's certainly distinctive, and it projects. People will know you're wearing something, and noses who know will know it's Aventus. That sickly pineapple note remains throughout though, and it ruins it for me after a full day of wearing.

There's also not a single Creed I've tried or worn which triggers migraines in people I know, but Aventus broke that trend. I'm not sure if it's the boldness or projection of it which makes it stand out, but the classy subtlety of Millesime Imperial or Green Irish Tweed is not there. Luckily I've not been unfortunate enough to meet someone who bathes in this stuff, and I pray I never will.

But yes, I can see why people like it, as it is distinctive and if you happen to love the fruity opening it will no doubt grab you, or those close to you.
02nd May, 2019 (last edited: 15th June, 2019)
I was excited to get my decant sample of Creed Aventus in the mail. I was so sure I would like it that I even ordered a 3ml decant.

On smelling the cap, I thought it was an interesting smell. Not mind-blowing, but not bad either. My wife and I both thought it smelled "pretty good". The pineapple top note was interesting with the musky/warm base. I sprayed once on my skin, but I couldn't smell anything a few minutes later so I figured it must be a super-faint scent. So I sprayed once more. My wife sprayed once on her wrist.

About an hour later, my wife was complaining about a headache, so she washed it off. I also started getting a headache, and the smell was overwhelming in the house. It started having a funky fermented-pineapple-in-musky-gym-socks smell. It was in my nose at that point, and just overwhelming. I started getting a headache. By the end of the day (8h) I took off my shirt to shower it off. I had to put the shirt in the laundry room to keep it from reeking up the place. Even after a shower, I could still smell it when I went to sleep, at that point it was a weird sweetish chemical smell.

The next day, I decided to give it another chance and wore it to work. I work in an office, so I only sprayed it once from a small atomizer under my undershirt directly on skin. Still, it was quite pungent in the office, and I was constantly smelling it. I was worried it was overwhelming to my coworkers. As the day heated up, it got heavier and heavier. I definitely did not feel confident as I wore it, which is very important for me when choosing a fragrance. I went to the gym at lunch and took a shower, but I could still smell it on my clothes. By the end of the day, I once again had a headache from the chemical smell.

So for me (a middle-aged married man), Aventus is a miss. I don't understand the hype, but then again, maybe I'm not the target audience. My impression of the fragrance is, it's a headache-inducing chemical mess that's obnoxiously loud and overbearing. Even if I got 10 compliments on it per day (I got none, btw) I wouldn't wear this because I wouldn't be able to tolerate it myself.

I would suggest to go VERY light on this fragrance if you wear it in an office setting, and ESPECIALLY in warm weather. It would be easy to gas out a room, and you might not even smell it yourself.
16th April, 2019
What can I say that other people have not said already about this magnificent fragrance. (positive reviews).
It took me 9 years to get a bottle of Aventus and I am sorry I waited so long. (I have the 2017 version).
Aventus is an absolutely stunning composition. I have had many compliments when I wear this. It last a long time on me.
09th April, 2019

Add your review of Aventus

Shop for Aventus products online

Shop for Aventus at online perfumeries

Creed Aventus 1oz Atomizer Filld Up From Original Bottle .

End Date: Sunday Jan-19-2020 6:46:39 PST