Aventus (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Aventus

The exceptional Aventus was inspired by the dramatic life of a historic emperor, celebrating strength, power and success. Introduced in 2010 and crafted by the deft hand of Sixth Generation Master Perfumer Olivier Creed in collaboration with his son Erwin, this scent has grown to become the best-selling fragrance in the history of the brand. Olivier created its iconic name derived from a ("from") ventus ("the wind"), illustrating the Aventus man as destined to live a driven life, ever galloping with the wind at his back toward success. Aventus is a sophisticated blend for individuals who savor a life well-lived.

Aventus fragrance notes

Reviews of Aventus

Fell in love with the scent of this after trying it on in Saks Fifth Avenue. Purchased a 3.3oz bottle that same day and has hands down became my favorite scent in my collection of over 100 bottles. Also consistently my best compliment getter. I was shopping for fragrances at dillards the other day and a lady walked by and stopped turned around and asked me "what fragrance did you just spray I have to have that for my husband". I told her what it was and she said she was going to go buy it right away. Yes there are a few good copies of this out there, some of which i own, but they all fall a tad bit short and lack the depth of Creed. Plus there is just something about the way spraying Aventus on makes you feel. Still the king in my book!
07th January, 2019
A meh fragrance.
The sport-fragrance base came out on my my skin, making it fresh in a teenage boy kind of way. It was somewhat pleasant, but a little cheap smelling, definitely misplaced on me. Thumbs down for that sample a few years ago.
My husband tried it, and it was different skin, but the same story. It was borderline insipid, and never took off. He’s not really a Creed person though, as he hasn’t found one he likes yet, or that I think is more than somewhat nice. The odd thing about Aventus is it registered so little. I have a hard time remembering what it even smells like - my husband didn’t remember it at all.
I’m personally happy it wasn’t something that became a must-have for him, as I’m relieved to step out of the Aventus arena, away from the elbow-to-elbow sweaty mob scene around this.
27th December, 2018 (last edited: 12th January, 2019)
Probably the best fragrance on the market. The Lionel Messi of Fragrances if you will.
15th November, 2018
I just got my Creed.
I'm not a perfume specialist, but I think I have a good fragrance memory.
Testing it for the first time, it took me to my good old Halston Z14 in a blink.
Although Halston Z14 was never my first choice, it was my wife's favorite by far among all of my fragrances during past couple of decades.
I hope Creed would work the same!
14th November, 2018
What can I say about Creed Aventus that hasn't already been said? Nothing, likely. Though here's my review. Aventus is the pinnacle of modern, masculine-centric perfumery. It is a testament to the art that created it. Yes indeed, it is immensely popular. Yes, it smells incredible. And yes, some folks scream "overrated" because of its exposure. It is unequivocally - and quite subjectively - perfection in a bottle for many people, including me.

Wearing Aventus is a lesson in dichotomy. It is fruity, yet woody. It is distinctly green, yet gourmand. It is dry and mossy, yet very "wet." It is dark and brooding, yet energizing and hopeful.

The legendary opening is the best I've ever smelled for a "men's" fragrance. It is dominated by pineapple, apple, and blackcurrant. Within an hour, the fruity introduction gives way to rich birch and rose across a base layer of vanilla and ambergris. Have patience. Throughout its duration, Aventus reveals itself in a flurry of dry birch and oakmoss, while ambergris suggests a damp, earthy forest floor.

Aventus must be smelled to be believed. It bears passing resemblance to other popular fragrances, yet it is nothing like other popular fragrances. It pays homage to its rich history, yet never relies on archaic notes or cheap tricks to convey its meaning. Aventus is a black suit, a pair of jeans, a tuxedo, a fleece jacket, a white shirt, and a brown sweater. It is a motorcycle, a fast car, a crackling fireplace, a snow-covered lawn, and a walk through the woods. It is concrete, grass, air, and water. It is elemental.

Vanilla is present yet never dominant, and the jasmine and rose are expertly blended. Aventus is never a floral. Nor is it a gourmand, nor is it a spicy wood, nor is it green. Aventus is Aventus in the same way Fahrenheit is Fahrenheit. Don't be fooled by imitators: they may be 90% of the way there, but they are not Aventus.

Aventus is all of this. The ultimate exercise in olfactory polemics, and a timeless masterpiece. Unqualified thumbs up for any season or event.

Scent: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Sillage: 10/10
31st October, 2018
I just wrote a review but it seems to have logged me out in the meantime so I hope it doesn't double post, if so please delete

I bought quite a few samples recently and will start to go through them one by one and write my comments. Aventus comes first as it was highly recommended.

I want to say at first it starts out "friendly", there is a fruity sweetness that is not sweet in the way that many fragrances are "in your face" but it is there nonetheless. There is also a pronounced depth from beginning to end which counterbalances it and gives it masculinity - but not in the obnoxious "smell you from a mile away / salesman-businessman" cliche of masculine fragrances of old. It is modern but comfortable, and I feel like it could blend into fabrics really well - like a sweater, or I could potentially see this doing well lingering on a scarf. I could potentially buy a full bottle of this!
21st October, 2018

Add your review of Aventus

Shop for Aventus products online

Shop for Aventus at online perfumeries

CREED AVENTUS in a 1.7 oz (50 ml) glass atomizer

Aventus Cologne by Creed, 4 oz Millesime EDP Spray for Men NEW

$399.99 (0 Bids)
End Date: Tuesday Jan-22-2019 18:29:22 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list

Creed Aventus 100ml/3.3oz Batch 18G11 AUTHENTIC, New and Always Unsprayed Stock!

End Date: Tuesday Jan-22-2019 19:39:24 PST
Buy It Now for only: $309.00

CREED AVENTUS by Creed EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ

End Date: Tuesday Jan-22-2019 19:45:23 PST
Buy It Now for only: $464.70
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CREED Aventus For Her 2.5oz/75ml New unsprayed authentic & fast from Finescents!

End Date: Tuesday Jan-22-2019 20:12:43 PST

Creed Aventus by Creed Eau de Parfum Spray 2.5 oz Tester

End Date: Tuesday Jan-22-2019 21:00:44 PST
Buy It Now for only: $337.44
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Creed Aventus 10ml sample *11Z01* Batch! One of the 2 grail batches that exist!

End Date: Wednesday Jan-23-2019 3:13:22 PST
Buy It Now for only: $150.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Creed Aventus 5ml sample *11Z01* Batch! One of the 2 grail batches that exist!

End Date: Wednesday Jan-23-2019 3:16:04 PST