Aventus (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Aventus

The exceptional Aventus was inspired by the dramatic life of a historic emperor, celebrating strength, power and success. Introduced in 2010 and crafted by the deft hand of Sixth Generation Master Perfumer Olivier Creed in collaboration with his son Erwin, this scent has grown to become the best-selling fragrance in the history of the brand. Olivier created its iconic name derived from a ("from") ventus ("the wind"), illustrating the Aventus man as destined to live a driven life, ever galloping with the wind at his back toward success. Aventus is a sophisticated blend for individuals who savor a life well-lived.

Aventus fragrance notes

Reviews of Aventus

Nice idea of mixing fruits and leather that after some wearing on skin starts to bothers me.

Creed quality, excellent performance but really nothing special.
13th May, 2018
hcr Show all reviews
First thoughts, on paper it smells like Fruit Stripes gum. On my skin, 15 minutes in it's not sweet at all.

It felt a little oily when I was putting it on? could be my imagination.

I've never smelled GIT, and I haven't smelled Cool Water in a while, but it's giving me the same kind of vibe; not sweet, not strong, fresh, nice but just smells a little off on my skin.

30 min in: pleasant I guess, I'm not seeing the hype. Will sample again but doesn't project much and I can't see this lasting that long.
12th May, 2018
Zowiee Show all reviews
Clean, fresh “cornucopia” full of amazing notes. I really love the heart and base notes, that for me constantly interplay and intertwine for hour on end. Something about the rose, jasmine, birch and musk really appeals to me. This is a fragrance that I have received many, many compliment!
10th May, 2018
This is a review of the 17w01 batch. I bought a 50ml decant of this. 3 average sized sprays (one to the clothes, one to each side of the neck) gave me 10 hours. I would say it projected well (more than moderately and less than strongly) for anywhere from 2-4 hours.

The opening was a tart pineapple. It wasn't sweet. I got hints of the other top notes and I got the bergamot also. This phase lasted for about 20 minutes and then to a moderately smokey drydown. The tart pineapple was there, it was light. This lasted for about 4 hours.

The next 3 hours was a lighter more woody phase.

After this the scent conpletely transforms to a clean, creamy, musky, vanilla base. This lasts for about 2 and a half hours.

All and all a great scent and a fantastic olfactory experience. I enjoyed the transition to each phase. As much as I enjoyed it, I wouldn't pay €195 for 50 ml. I paid €70 for the decant and I'm delighted I did because it's a bargain at that price.
07th May, 2018
I first got my nose on this in 2016, so I can't comment on how it was in it's original launch. However, I was still blown away upon first sniff. I got a small sample from a local high end luxury store, wore it before bed, and placed my order the next day for a full 120ml bottle. I plan on always having a bottle of this in my collection for as long as I live. It's my signature.

Main notes I get are Bergamot, Birch, Musk, Patchouli, Oak Moss, and Ambergris (and in that order). There's a pineapple vibe for the first 15 minutes, but that's about it. The bergamot in this so beautiful and three dimensional and I'm surprised it's not commented on more. My favorite note though, is the birch note mixed with the gorgeous musk, and you get to enjoy this for the entire fragrance (but more so in the latter stages). The birch note I pick up is not so much smoky, but more of a nice dry wood that is freshly chopped and sitting in the sun.

Longevity is excellent, I get next day performance. Sillage is unreal and you'll fill a room with 2 sprays. Sometimes your scent trail will last till the next day. The magic for this fragrance really happens when you don't smell it anymore and then get beautiful wafts throughout the day and into the next when you wake up. You never get bored and it never gets obnoxious.

Compliments don't need to be touched on much because everyone has heard it before. This will get you compliments from people who are 10 years old and 100 years old, and they'll happen multiple times per day every single time you'll wear this. Don't wear this if you are an introvert.

I have sampled hundreds of fragrances since and this is the only one I would consider a "masterpiece". This identifies with me on a personal level.

By batch is 16J01 but I've had my nose on multiple batches and while all slightly different, they are all beautiful and essentially the same. And like all Creeds, let it breath and know that the performance gets better and better with age. My bottle is now 2 years old and it gets better with every wearing. I'm at about 40% juice left.

Long live the King. He's still alive, even after the "reformulations".

07th April, 2018
Batch variation or no batch variation, my bottle shows differences to the tester that made me buy this.

Opens with sour physalis and some birch, shows some smoke and spices and dies to my nose. A skin scent within 2 hours. The drydown is almost nowhere to my nose. I guess I was unlucky.

Having purchased this along other Creed fragrances I must say this is a passmark, but nothing spectacular.
I have tried replicas that do a better job.
19th March, 2018

Add your review of Aventus

Shop for Aventus products online

Search for on eBay United States

CREED AVENTUS For Men. By Creed 3.4 oz 100ml. A4218D01. Fast ship Latest Batch

• USD $293.00
  • Time Left: 5 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Creed Aventus Eau de Parfum 6ml Men's Atomizer Sample Spray EDP 0.20oz TP4217Y01

• USD $24.95
  • Listing Type: eBay Store
  • Time Left: 11 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Creed Aventus 100mll/3.4oz NEW Batch 18D01 Authentic and fast from Finescents!

• USD $325.99