Aventus (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Aventus

The exceptional Aventus was inspired by the dramatic life of a historic emperor, celebrating strength, power and success. Introduced in 2010 and crafted by the deft hand of Sixth Generation Master Perfumer Olivier Creed in collaboration with his son Erwin, this scent has grown to become the best-selling fragrance in the history of the brand. Olivier created its iconic name derived from a ("from") ventus ("the wind"), illustrating the Aventus man as destined to live a driven life, ever galloping with the wind at his back toward success. Aventus is a sophisticated blend for individuals who savor a life well-lived.

Aventus fragrance notes

Reviews of Aventus

I've own alot of fragrances, from designer to niche I have a pretty broad collection. But, I've only owned one Creed fragrance which was GiT, till I bought Aventus.

Aventus is a scent that has enough hype behind it to fuel its own marketing without having to invest in marketing. I've never seen an add for it but I always knew right when I jumped into cologne, that it was "The King" I finally forked over to get a batch 16M01.

Its earned its hype accordingly. I've never seen a fragrance with this amount of performance. I have oud fragrances that don't out perform this monster. I get EASILY 12+ hours on skin.

It has a scent that is incredibly hard to describe without using the generic "Pineapple and woods". Its an amazing combination and with Creed's attention to detail by using the finest ingredients, it turns into a top seller.

Whenever I wear this fragrance I spray it on and become instantly more confident compared to my other colognes. I feel like a literal demi-god, nothing can stop me. Its out there, gives you an alpha complex and makes you feel more confident. It caught me off guard because I love GiT and used alot of it, but this is easily my signature scent.

The batch variations really mess up the fragrance sometimes, but if you get a decent balanced batch. It becomes an easy reach, and an even easier wear.
07th October, 2017
Okay, first time trying out a niche fragrance on my skin.

First thoughts: smells more like a natural scent a guy would emit, rather than a chemical fragrance he applied. That's pretty impressive. It's musky, but there are other notes, which I'm guessing are the pineapple and French apple to elevate it just above a kind of sex smell. I don't detect the specific scent of pineapple, but I do get a hint of fruitiness that merges with the musk to make it smooth.
Some of the other reviewers describe this as a very masculine scent. I'd agree. It's not Antaeus or other powerhouses, it's far smoother. But it's definitely masculine, but not quite what I'd term macho. There's some testosterone here though.

Me personally, I'm a little baffled as to how this is such a popular men's cologne. The total lack of synthetic characteristics is really nice. But it's not a scent that I actually care for. It's TOO musky in my opinion. I don't think it's something I'd like to smell on someone, let alone myself.

03rd October, 2017 (last edited: 05th October, 2017)
Will Aventus go down as an all time classic?? Yes
Dose it gather compliments? Yes
Is it a beautiful smelling fragrance? Yes

Of course I have given it tops marks and a big thumbs up. I will add that I do not own a full bottle. I only own decants. The reason???? Armaf Club de Nuit Intense. I just prefer it. Why? It is consistently smokey and fruity. There is less variation in batches. It is roughly a 5th of the price and in my experience has given me more compliments than Aventus. I will not expect all to agree with me but I can't justify paying that price when I can get something like CDNI so much cheaper. Which one was the original doesn't bother me. All the business about driving a fiat that was wrapped in the body of a Porsche doesn't bother me. You don't see a fragrance you smell it. Aventus is great but not full bottle worthy for me!!!

Okay.....UPDATE!!!

I did pull the trigger on this one. Still like CDNI just as much though!
28th September, 2017 (last edited: 03rd October, 2017)
I mean...it smells pretty good, I just wouldn't pay the high price per mL. Definitely smokey. I get more of an apple vibe with very subtle pineapple. It's like a gentleman's fresh cologne. I can understand the shaving foam reference after wearing it a day or two. IMHO there's plenty of better smelling fragrances for a quarter of the price...
19th August, 2017 (last edited: 20th August, 2017)
Chronologie III

Modern reinterpretation of the 1980's. Magnificent smell of quality shaving foam mixed with pineapple and currant.

I had the opportunity to smell it when it first appeared in the market, and I had it in my collection by the next year.

I neither feel sorry nor is it important that it became mega popular and that the younger generations are doing the propaganda that bothers many. What I do find important is that pleasure and emotions I feel when I'm wearing it.

Aventus is a scent for urban gentlemen, which can be worn throughout the year, combined with some elegant style. Stability and projection are great.

My olfactory signature, the perfume I found myself in.

Masterpiece...

27th July, 2017
i cant really tell what it is.. maybe pineapple.. but i smell a salty smell along with it... some describe it as ashy or smokey. i smell salty fruit. and i love salt and salty fruit!.. freak'n smells awesome!
25th July, 2017