Cast a Spell (2005)

• Availability: Discontinued : Limited Edition
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Cast a Spell Fragrance notes

Dark Berries, Frosted Blackberry Pulp, Mulberry, Red Currant, Iced Lavender, Lilac Petals, Davana Blossoms, Black Velvet Fig, Amber, Bourbon, White Patchouli

Reviews of Cast a Spell

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

foetidus

This one is a Lulu!

I don’t smell the berries in Cast a Spell for very long… like most berry accords, it is temporary. What I get next is the berry accord combined with a soft, clean lavender note and a dose of lilac: it creates a quite lovely accord that I wouldn’t call "sweet," but I think it is a touch gourmand because it gradually morphs to the middle accord where it melds into an almost edible vanilla / amber / fig. After this I don’t get much movement in the fragrance, but the linearity I get presents an attractive sillage and a comfortable wear. Although the aroma seems dense when smelled close to the skin, it actually isn’t… as a sillage it is quite light and seems to come off in pleasant, soft, warm whiffs. The drydown continues a softer version of the vanilla / amber motif and feels lightly woody.

This is a very enjoyable fragrance which reminds me of some of the haunting burnt vanilla scents I’ve encountered, but Cast a Spell holds longer than those vanilla scents do. This scent is very adaptable, I believe. It could be worn by young and the not quite so young for business, casual, or even formal. It’s lovely.

Pros: Berries, vanilla, figs almost a gourmand… a very enjoyable fragrance.
    Cons:

17 August, 2013

Mandella's avatar
    Mandella

This smells like a down market version of Lolita Lempika but with patchouli replacing the licorice .It has a masculine drydown and wears close to the skin for most of its life.It would be nicer on a younger person, but since I got complimented often on the LL,I may wear this.

26 December, 2011

miss mills's avatar
    miss mills
    New Zealand New Zealand

I love this! From the pretty little bottle with a castle and ivy on it to the berry heavy scent, it is magical! Makes me feel about 12 again - like a kid in a candy shop.

20th August, 2010