Cast a Spell (2005)

HouseLulu Guinness
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchRiviera Concepts

About Cast a Spell

Cast a Spell is a feminine perfume by Lulu Guinness. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Cast a Spell

This one is a Lulu!

I don’t smell the berries in Cast a Spell for very long… like most berry accords, it is temporary. What I get next is the berry accord combined with a soft, clean lavender note and a dose of lilac: it creates a quite lovely accord that I wouldn’t call "sweet," but I think it is a touch gourmand because it gradually morphs to the middle accord where it melds into an almost edible vanilla / amber / fig. After this I don’t get much movement in the fragrance, but the linearity I get presents an attractive sillage and a comfortable wear. Although the aroma seems dense when smelled close to the skin, it actually isn’t… as a sillage it is quite light and seems to come off in pleasant, soft, warm whiffs. The drydown continues a softer version of the vanilla / amber motif and feels lightly woody.

This is a very enjoyable fragrance which reminds me of some of the haunting burnt vanilla scents I’ve encountered, but Cast a Spell holds longer than those vanilla scents do. This scent is very adaptable, I believe. It could be worn by young and the not quite so young for business, casual, or even formal. It’s lovely.

Pros: Berries, vanilla, figs almost a gourmand… a very enjoyable fragrance.
Cons:

17th August, 2013
This smells like a down market version of Lolita Lempika but with patchouli replacing the licorice .It has a masculine drydown and wears close to the skin for most of its life.It would be nicer on a younger person, but since I got complimented often on the LL,I may wear this.
26th December, 2011
I love this! From the pretty little bottle with a castle and ivy on it to the berry heavy scent, it is magical! Makes me feel about 12 again - like a kid in a candy shop.
20th August, 2010

Add your review of Cast a Spell

Shop for Cast a Spell products online

Search Amazon for Cast a Spell

Member images of Cast a Spell

There are no member images of Cast a Spell yet. Why not be the first?