Champion (2010)

HouseDavidoff
PerfumerAurélien Guichard
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Champion

Champion is a masculine fragrance by Davidoff. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Aurélien Guichard

Champion fragrance notes

Reviews of Champion

Genre: Chypre

This bland, sweet, fougère-chypre hybrid is so crushingly banal and derivative I can’t bring myself to describe it. If you took a classic mainstream masculine fougère formula like Cool Water, Polo Sport, or Beyond Paradise for Men and stripped away every element that couldn’t conceivably evoke a shred of interest, you’d wind up with Champion. As soporific as it is cynical, and a grievous blot on Aurélian Guichard’s otherwise impeccable record.
11th June, 2014
No longevity..
Tried a sample. It was gone quickly.
The bottle looks ridiculous.
Atleast it's made out of glass..
05th April, 2014
Bottle problem

It think it smells nice and fresh - not more and not less. But the bottle is so silly and looks so tacky that I never ever want to see it in my bathroom next to my other scents.

22nd August, 2013
I had really high hopes for this but I was so let down. The scent itself smells really good although I don't think it smells like Egoist or Legend. This thing stands on its own two feet. Sadly, this has gone the path that so many new releases go with their very poor longevity and projection. I got 2 hours out of this and thats it. Why? Why? Why?
10th March, 2013
Davidoff has created a true Champion... Great scent with lasting longevity...

I own several of Davidoff fragrances and turning into a huge fan...(several of the Cool Water renditions..). Sweetie hooked me up with Champion as a Christmas present and I have been impressed since I first smelled the bottle. Outstanding...!!

Champion comes out of the gates with citrus lemony notes that settles into a unique spicy fragrance with notes of outdoors. It is a great scent that I like more with each time wearing. The projection/sillage is average, but the longevity is outstanding. Some 10 hours later, the fragrance is still detectable on the skin and clothing. You guys know that I am most critical of the longevity.

Champion offers great flexibility/versatility with notes of both citrus and woods that will work well with any season, occasion, or time of day. I am pleasantly surprised, almost to the point of being impressed. Regarding the Wow Factor - Sweetie got to the neck area shortly after I arrived home following a day of work and gave me the thumbs up and asked what it was... She was "tickled" (yes, I am a Southerner) to find that she bought it for me.. She smiled..!! The Wow Factor is there..!!

The review gets better - the bottle and the value..!! Awesome..!! While I have the small bottle, it resembles a barbell from the gym equipped with clamp to keep the plates in place - you workout guys know what I am talking about..!! Now for the price/value - Champion is currently listing for under $20.00 for the small bottle and just over $20.00 for the next size up - plus free shipping..!! Definitely add to your collection.

My final tally for Champion is 4.5 stars out of 5 stars. If it were more citrus that woodsy, the scoring would be higher. All things considered - this fragrance is a best kept secret and under rated. Play like a Champion today...
08th January, 2013
A fresh, clean citrus frag that while linear and uncomplicated, remains entirely pleasant and eminently masculine. Sillage and longevity is surprisingly good. A few small sprays and I can easily detect this projecting from me after 8 or more hours.

This may not be a sophisticated piece of olfactory art, but it smells great and works hard.
15th November, 2012

Add your review of Champion

Shop for Champion products online

Shop for Champion at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Champion

Member images of Champion

There are no member images of Champion yet. Why not be the first?