Champion (2010)

HouseDavidoff
PerfumerAurélien Guichard
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Champion

Champion is a masculine fragrance by Davidoff. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Aurélien Guichard

Champion fragrance notes

Reviews of Champion

I am going to dub this the snooty nose test. If you like this, then most likely you have not smelled a lot of relatively expensive, out of the box, niche/near niche fragrances (Lubin, Slumberhouse, others) and if you do not like it, then you have spent (too much) time with the aforementioned and thereby are missing out on a simple, good fragrance.

What is good anyway? Well that depends on you.
For me it is ok, because I fall in the latter category, though I am a designer fragrance lover.

Nothing to fawn over, forgettable as there are plenty like it, but not bad nonetheless.
16th November, 2017
I rarely give the big thumbs down, but this one deserves it. Note: if you see this on sale, don't be a dummy like me and give in. Although its quirky bottle is made well, and creative, and actually has enough weight (the 1.7 oz!) to pass as a weight.. if you actually care about how your fragrance smells, more than what the bottle looks like.. you'll avoid this at all costs.

Champion opens up with absolutely boring top notes, nothing interesting. Fresh and nice though, unlike its dry down. A slight powdery note in the opening makes me think it may be there in the dry down. All I smell is citrus, lavender, and oakmoss; and whatever note is making it smell a little powdery. Strangely about 10 minutes in, it starts to dry down smelling like an aquatic to my nose. This quickly dies off though, and it turns back into the most generic and synthetic smelling chypre you'll ever smell. You can look at the note pyramid and see right there, this is the epitome of chypre.. but shouldn't chypre's smell natural at least? Not Champion, a synthetic smelling chypre is just flat out hideous, and that's what you get here. Champion's only redeeming quality is as said earlier, a somewhat creative bottle design/packaging. I'm giving my bottle to my neighbor. One the worst smelling designer releases I've smelled in the past 5 years.
17th May, 2016
Genre: Chypre

This bland, sweet, fougère-chypre hybrid is so crushingly banal and derivative I can’t bring myself to describe it. If you took a classic mainstream masculine fougère formula like Cool Water, Polo Sport, or Beyond Paradise for Men and stripped away every element that couldn’t conceivably evoke a shred of interest, you’d wind up with Champion. As soporific as it is cynical, and a grievous blot on Aurélian Guichard’s otherwise impeccable record.
11th June, 2014
No longevity..
Tried a sample. It was gone quickly.
The bottle looks ridiculous.
Atleast it's made out of glass..
05th April, 2014
Bottle problem

It think it smells nice and fresh - not more and not less. But the bottle is so silly and looks so tacky that I never ever want to see it in my bathroom next to my other scents.

22nd August, 2013
I had really high hopes for this but I was so let down. The scent itself smells really good although I don't think it smells like Egoist or Legend. This thing stands on its own two feet. Sadly, this has gone the path that so many new releases go with their very poor longevity and projection. I got 2 hours out of this and thats it. Why? Why? Why?
10th March, 2013

Add your review of Champion

Shop for Champion products online

Search Amazon for Champion

Member images of Champion

There are no member images of Champion yet. Why not be the first?