Oolang Infini (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseAtelier Cologne
PerfumerJerome Epinette

About Oolang Infini

Oolang Infini is a shared / unisex perfume by Atelier Cologne. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Oolang Infini fragrance notes

Reviews of Oolang Infini

Another pleasant fresh scent from Atelier Cologne, Oolang Infini incorporates the signature tea note with a floral/citrus blend. I don't get the leather that's often referred to in the latter stages of wearing, frankly, but I get the guaiac wood and musk as it does soften gently in the dry down.

It's slightly more feminine than the other more-or-less gender neutral colognes I've sampled so far out of the line, so it's a little less appealing to me in that respect. In its defense, it smells very natural, more authentic and less offensive than many designers in that same vein.

What's equally prohibitive is its poor performance, even relative to the other Ateliers that I tried--I would need a handful of sprays to make it last. It was unfortunately almost entirely gone within a few hours of applying. I like the tea of Creed Silver Mountain Water and would certainly pay for it, because not only is it a better scent, but it projects and lasts somewhat longer.

Not one I'd consider buying, considering how many others I prefer from the line, but luckily, for those that do like it a lot, it's available on some discount sites (like many other Ateliers): $131 for 100ml on Beautyspin, and under $100 for 100ml on FragranceNet.

6 out of 10
29th May, 2016
Here's a tip to wearing Oolang Infini: go heavy. It is near-impossible to overspray. The opening citrus/bergamot/neroli is a given for Atelier fragrances, and here it threatens to overwhelm the tea note, at least for the first few minutes.

At this juncture some may be inclined to write off the Oolong tea note, especially if you've been expecting a more robust and tannic representation. The truth is - there is no tea. There never was. It is an artificial construct, consisting of aromachemicals. A tricky balancing act.

The tea note may seem faint but to my mind it blends so well with the bergamot that it projects more like bergamot tea, refreshing, slightly citric with a negligible hint of florals and a clean musky base highly reminiscent of Bulgari pour Homme. If I was in a nasty mood, I'd have called it a blatant rip off.

14th May, 2015
I can see some people kind of bashing this and even comparing it to average designer fragrances but for me it's not like that!
A simple, yet high quality and natural smelling fragrance which is exactly what I want for those god damn hot summer days.
I love this and it's actually one of the best by the brand in my opinion.
The opening of this fragrance is a sour and fresh bergamot note that I can also feel the bitterness of the bergamot peel in it and there are green tea and vetiver notes as well to give the scent green and more natural feeling.
There is a little sweetness in the background but because of other notes that are pretty loud you may not catch it at the beginning.
As time goes by the scent settles down and now I can smell a smooth and almost creamy sweet smell beside those tart, fresh and bitter beragmot and green tea notes and now vetiver is rooty, earthy and god damn great in this part and I love it.
Projection was very good at the start but quickly changed to skin scent mode and longevity is around 4-5 hours on my skin which is good for this type of scent.
There is nothing new or unique about it but it's quality and pleasant.
18th April, 2014

Oolang Infini conjures me soon up in mind the salty/soapy Heaven's virile and dynamic sharp sensuality with that typical organic (somewhat intimate and testosteronic) vibe which was in my opinion the most appreciable side in the "departed" Chopard. Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini is indeed an extremely intimate and profound salty/ozonic tea centered potion with several points in common with the great Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli (which shares with this one the salty/intimate vibe though in Mistral Patchouli the feel is more ambery and almost finally leathery in a rich way while in Oolang Infini the effect is more typically translucent and aqueous). The Oolang Infini's aroma is centered over a basic oriental green tea note (conjuring me a lot the classic Bulgari Pour Homme or the Roger&Gallet The Vert) combined with aqueous flowers, ozonic notes, musk, tobacco flower, jasmine and transparent cedarwood. A touch of leather locks the round nailing down another point in common with its " collegue" Mistral Patchouli (which anyway does not list the noticeable note of soft leather among the others). The cedary dry down elicits a typical "ascetic and meditative" oriental (i mean typically japanese in style) vibe which is extremely sharp and silent even if not excessively castigatory. I still prefer Bulgari Eau Parfumee Au The' Vert, Roger&Gallet The Vert and even more the classic Bulgari Pour Homme as tea based juices. The jasmine is a key element of the aroma as combined with musk, salty citrus and tobacco flower. Not my "cup of tea" but anyway an appreciable aroma for the lovers of the genre. Good longevity on my skin.
03rd February, 2014
kinda nice but blah

Has a nice citrus opening which segues to a white paper and ink smell, and also white shirt. Hints of a crisp green note. Pleasant, fresh, suitable for office wear. Agree with onaluna -- where's the tea? Not to be found here. :(

Pros: citrus, green
Cons: nondescript"

23rd July, 2013
Tea and citrus...nice smell disappointing projection

Tea fragrances are so difficult to do. The scents are subtle and fleeting. The Oolang smells wonderful...when I press my nose to my skin. There is a stronger Neroli that smells nice, but like all citrus they are fleeting. A nice fragrance to wear at bedtime or just for a "fragrance snack"

20th July, 2013

Add your review of Oolang Infini

Shop for Oolang Infini products online

Shop for Oolang Infini at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Oolang Infini

Member images of Oolang Infini

There are no member images of Oolang Infini yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Oolang Infini