Azure Lime (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Azure Lime

Azure Lime is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Azure Lime

I really like the scent of lime, but unfortunately it just doesn't seem to work all that well in perfumery. I keep trying Azure Lime every time I pass the Private Line counter at Saks. The opening is a beautiful lime and woods fragrance that unfortunately fades to a skin scent within an hour. Perhaps others get better performance. Neutral.
05th November, 2015
A pleasant combination of lime and woods, Tom Ford Azure Lime is one of the better warm weather-leaning Private Blend fragrances, and seems to be generally well-liked while not a fan favorite. Some get limes (and only limes) out of it, and for a lime-intensive fragrance, one can certainly do better by price via Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts. I get more, though---Azure Lime is relatively subdued and sophisticated, but an agreeable blend of limes with mainly woody notes, as well as some musk. Beyond that, there's not much complexity to describe, which is perhaps a detraction though in this case I do not intend it to bed. Sometimes a simple summer fragrance is ideal when the weather forces it to project, unlike a winter fragrance that gains an advantage by having many layers to be peeled when it's so cold out (i.e. Tom Ford London).

Neither a projection nor longevity monster, but on par with the other warm weather Tom Ford Private Blend fragrances that I've tried (Costa Azzurra, Mandarino di Amalfi, Neroli Portofino, Rive D'Ambre). Understandably, some might feel robbed, relative to the strength of Tobacco Vanille or Tuscan Leather, but I always find the cold/warm weather differential to be relevant in composing a fragrance.

Certainly one of the more pleasant entries that needs to be nabbed soon since I've been told repeatedly by reps that it is being discontinued (as is Italian Cypress).

8 out of 10
26th October, 2015
Stunning fragrance from the house of TF. I personally own 10 private blends, and this is one of my favourites. Granted, longevity is a real issue, and one could argue its not worth the £145 because of this...but for the few hours the smell does last...you are going to smell simply amazing!
23rd July, 2015
Jtm Show all reviews
Hmm what to say.... Positively the best opening I've ever smelled for a summer fragrance... Limes, pure limes like I'm squeezing them out in my hands, With a hint of salty sea air...... Then.... Nothing.... It dried down and was COMPLETLY gone.... 200 bucks for a small bottle and the perfect summer scent doesn't make it to my front door..... I know the molecules in lime are so small that it's longevity is never good but for the price tag I had hoped that lime stayed lime for more than an hour... The only thing keeping this from being a thumbs down is the fantastic opening and the hope that it's just my skin chemistry somehow killing it.... Try it... have the Tom ford rep spray your arm and before you buy it go get a hamburger in the food court... If it's still there when you finish your fries and hasn't already become a skin scent to almost nothing then your probably safe and it was just me.
21st June, 2015
This is by far one of the biggest disappointment of my fragrance journey!
This one smells like something that I would expect from a completely under the radar brand that makes under $10 fragrances for people who don't want to spend more than a few bucks to buy a cologne to just smell nice!

The opening of this fragrance is a nice fresh citrusy (mostly lemon) along with some neroli that gives this fresh opening a clean and soft floral aura and just hint of sweetness in the background.
I admit that the opening smells nice but quality of the notes is baaaaad and smells more like a citrus air refresher, not a $200+ private fragrance!

In the mid I'm getting a soft fresh musky scent along with soft floral notes till the end.
Projection is soft and close to the skin and longevity never goes more than 3 maybe 4 hours!
Pass!
Save your money guys!
10th April, 2015
Very underrated this one.

I think it really depends on skin type with Azure Lime, some people get no longevity, others acceptable, and others good.

I guess Azure Lime must work well with my skin, I apply two sprays and the Lime stays for about 2 to 3 hours, then the dry down of sea-salt and ocean combined with a citrussy musk and still a vague hint of lime lasts for the rest of the day.

The actual scent itself is to die for, I have never experienced a summer scent that smells as fresh, rich and exciting as this one does, it literally makes your mouth water.

Sillage is quite close to the skin after the first hour or so, but I don't really care when I smell this great!

Thumbs up for this beauty.
01st October, 2014

Add your review of Azure Lime

Shop for Azure Lime products online

Shop for Azure Lime at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Azure Lime

Member images of Azure Lime

There are no member images of Azure Lime yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Azure Lime