Azure Lime (2010)

Year of Launch2010

HouseTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Azure Lime

Azure Lime is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2010

Reviews of Azure Lime

Azure Lime. Where to begin. This smells almost exactly like Set Sail St. Barts by Tommy Bahama. Except that I smell the lime much better in the opening of the St. Bart's than I do with Azure Lime. I also smell a lot of salt and an aquatic drug store after shave smell from both of them, but it develops over time with the St. Bart's and it's present throughout with the Azure Lime. Azure Lime is a very linear fragrance without much change during the 4 hours that it lasted on my skin. The St. Bart's had nuclear longevity and sillage on me, but the Azure Lime didn't make it past the 4 hour mark. I wasn't enjoying the fragrance all that much anyway, but that's pretty disappointing for a frag this expensive. The St. Bart's was $20.00 for 3.4 oz. at Nordstrom Rack. The Azure Lime is $220.00 for 1.7 oz. at many outlets. So, to do the math, that's $5.88 per ounce for the St. Bart's and $129.41 per ounce for the Azure Lime. It's a no brainer. Unless you're completely in love with the Azure Lime and just have to have some, get the St. Bart's. It smells just as good if not slightly better and it would be a shame to spend that kind of money on the Azure Lime unless you truly love it...just one man's opinion though. Based on my preferences and the poor longevity, I've got to give this one a thumbs down.
27th April, 2016
I really like the scent of lime, but unfortunately it just doesn't seem to work all that well in perfumery. I keep trying Azure Lime every time I pass the Private Line counter at Saks. The opening is a beautiful lime and woods fragrance that unfortunately fades to a skin scent within an hour. Perhaps others get better performance. Neutral.
05th November, 2015
A pleasant combination of lime and woods, Tom Ford Azure Lime is one of the better warm weather-leaning Private Blend fragrances, and seems to be generally well-liked while not a fan favorite. Some get limes (and only limes) out of it, and for a lime-intensive fragrance, one can certainly do better by price via Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts. I get more, though---Azure Lime is relatively subdued and sophisticated, but an agreeable blend of limes with mainly woody notes, as well as some musk. Beyond that, there's not much complexity to describe, which is perhaps a detraction though in this case I do not intend it to bed. Sometimes a simple summer fragrance is ideal when the weather forces it to project, unlike a winter fragrance that gains an advantage by having many layers to be peeled when it's so cold out (i.e. Tom Ford London).

Neither a projection nor longevity monster, but on par with the other warm weather Tom Ford Private Blend fragrances that I've tried (Costa Azzurra, Mandarino di Amalfi, Neroli Portofino, Rive D'Ambre). Understandably, some might feel robbed, relative to the strength of Tobacco Vanille or Tuscan Leather, but I always find the cold/warm weather differential to be relevant in composing a fragrance.

Certainly one of the more pleasant entries that needs to be nabbed soon since I've been told repeatedly by reps that it is being discontinued (as is Italian Cypress).

8 out of 10
26th October, 2015
Stunning fragrance from the house of TF. I personally own 10 private blends, and this is one of my favourites. Granted, longevity is a real issue, and one could argue its not worth the £145 because of this...but for the few hours the smell does are going to smell simply amazing!
23rd July, 2015
Jtm Show all reviews
Hmm what to say.... Positively the best opening I've ever smelled for a summer fragrance... Limes, pure limes like I'm squeezing them out in my hands, With a hint of salty sea air...... Then.... Nothing.... It dried down and was COMPLETLY gone.... 200 bucks for a small bottle and the perfect summer scent doesn't make it to my front door..... I know the molecules in lime are so small that it's longevity is never good but for the price tag I had hoped that lime stayed lime for more than an hour... The only thing keeping this from being a thumbs down is the fantastic opening and the hope that it's just my skin chemistry somehow killing it.... Try it... have the Tom ford rep spray your arm and before you buy it go get a hamburger in the food court... If it's still there when you finish your fries and hasn't already become a skin scent to almost nothing then your probably safe and it was just me.
21st June, 2015
This is by far one of the biggest disappointment of my fragrance journey!
This one smells like something that I would expect from a completely under the radar brand that makes under $10 fragrances for people who don't want to spend more than a few bucks to buy a cologne to just smell nice!

The opening of this fragrance is a nice fresh citrusy (mostly lemon) along with some neroli that gives this fresh opening a clean and soft floral aura and just hint of sweetness in the background.
I admit that the opening smells nice but quality of the notes is baaaaad and smells more like a citrus air refresher, not a $200+ private fragrance!

In the mid I'm getting a soft fresh musky scent along with soft floral notes till the end.
Projection is soft and close to the skin and longevity never goes more than 3 maybe 4 hours!
Save your money guys!
10th April, 2015

Add your review of Azure Lime

Shop for Azure Lime products online

Search Amazon for Azure Lime

Member images of Azure Lime

There are no member images of Azure Lime yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Azure Lime