Azure Lime (2010)

• Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of Azure Lime

Showing 1 to 6 of 15 reviews.

marcuslaughter's avatar
    marcuslaughter

Thumbs up in a big way. I find myself smelling my wrist all day long when I wear this one. Though it is essentially a lime fragrance, it is more than that. The "blue" of the lime is totally there and the name is fitting, because the water and salty sea air are all wrapped up in this one scent. Fascinating that TF could make a lime fragrance and make it last so long on the arm. This beats all the other lime fragrances out there by a mile.

24 December, 2013

Parpmeister's avatar
    Parpmeister

In Short, Thumbs Up!

Not Citrusy Citrus. I love wearing it.
    I'd hate to have paid £140 for it though.
    For me it's one of those fragrances that make me want to sniff my arm a lot.
    Yes Limey, not complex, just great to wear.

09 November, 2013

jtd's avatar
    jtd

the simple things

If you think of Azure Lime as an Eau de Cologne, it makes sense. By concentration, it is an eau de parfum, but by taxonomy it is an edc. Whether an edc should cost this much will be a function of your budget.

Lime is such a tight note. It is so specific and so concise. Citrus notes tend to be sharp, reading as fresh and bracing, but lime is narrower than other citrus notes. There is no lead-in and no denouement. Azure Lime takes advantage of this sharpness. The topnotes are a blast of lime and turpentine, like a face-scrunching reduction of gin and lime. The lime note (wonderfully!) doesn’t grow softer. Despite the flowers, musk and spice notes that eventually join it, the lime itself never submits.

In a classic edc, floral and spice notes broaden the chief citrus note (typically lemon or bergamot) and musks soften it. In what feels like a reversal, the lime bends the other notes to its will. The floral note (jasmine?) dries as soon as it appears and the musk note gives the lime more backbone than padding, lending a woody feel to the composition.

Azure Lime stays dry and cool from top to bottom, ending on a quiet, dusty note. A woody/spicy, cardamom/cedar scent stays attached to the lime so that even into the basenotes, the fragrance has a juniper/gin sting.

Azure Lime wears like and eau de cologne and should be splashed with abandon for full effect. It captures a very specific notion of luxury, one that I have to say I find appealing: the $10 dose of cologne. It is the anti-bling of perfumery. Forget the rare, the exotic, the over-the-top. This is the luxe of the simple done well.

from scent hurdle.com

27 June, 2013

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

The initial quarter-of-an-hour lime top note is not really fresh, bit darker and soft. Not the bright citrus I expected. Neroli and a flowery undertone always remain dark in the drydown, and after an hour is stays very close to my skin. Whilst projection and silage are poor on me, the overall longevity is very good with six hours in the heat. Not an exciting creation by Esteé Lauder.

29 November, 2012

surge's avatar
    surge

Azure Lime reminds me a LOT of Dior Fahrenheit (the heart of it) -- take Fahrenheit, add spicy woods and dirty lime on the top and get rid of the violet and you've got TF Azure Lime.

The scent itself (not taking into account siliage \ longevity \ projection) is *very* well done, from the top to bottom, and is one of my favorite summer and spring scents.

The spicy lime really makes it stand out from the crowd of summer frags, and it's probably the best lime scent I've ever had the pleasure of using.

So what's the problem then? The problem is that this stuff costs 200$ for 50ML and you get about 2 hours from 4 sprays of it. Seriously, 2 hours. WTF Tom Ford?

This is supposed to be a "Private Blend" EDP made from high quality yada yada blah blah...yet I get more longevity out of Versace Eau Fraiche than I do with this. Crazy.

I'm honestly suprirsed that they would even release a fragrance like this that seriously *does NOT* last at all and has literally no projection whatsoever. Maybe they thought the scent itself would make up for all that? Yes, if this were a TF boutique frag and cost 70$ for a 50ML.

Not for a Private Blend!

05 February, 2012

Geldachron's avatar
    Geldachron
    Netherlands Netherlands

Though I knew the longevity was not to good, I had hoped that this private blend fragrance would be something nice and unique for the summer. I give it a neutral for now becouse although this is a nice fresh lime fragrance it's no way near worth the price. It is winter at the moment so I'll wait for the summer to come along and give it a try. I hope I can give it a thumbs up then because I'm hoping there is more good stuff than just TV and GV from the Tom Ford house.....

25 December, 2011